IGNORED

BCFC, you got this wrong!

Up The City!

Preventing fans from entering the seating area from 2:52 onwards. 

I totally appreciate their want to not have fans streaming in during the service but Ashton Gate is a stadium that fills up immediately prior to kick off.

I did hear some safety announcement sounds whilst outside but due to the poor PA didn't hear what was said, it was only when I entered the stadium at 2:50 and was in the toilet did I hear that they were asking people to go to their seats early. 

With the greatest respects instead of all the crap the club do on twitter they could have spent this week requesting fans go to their seats early.

I myself just barged past a steward as did a few others but many were locked out.

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

These two comments seem to contradict one another somewhat.

Not really. Like I said their was an announcement on the PA whilst I was in the toilet, the 1st I had heard of this request. I immediately went to go to my seat and was prevented from doing so despite the announcement being a minute prior. 

Had the club had a better PA, had the club used social media or the outside screens to communicate this then I'd have no problem with preventing fans from entering as they would have been given warnings, however we simply wasn't.

I barged past because I wasn't going to miss the opportunity to pay my respects.

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Preventing fans from entering the seating area from 2:52 onwards. 

I totally appreciate their want to not have fans streaming in during the service but Ashton Gate is a stadium that fills up immediately prior to kick off.

I did hear some safety announcement sounds whilst outside but due to the poor PA didn't hear what was said, it was only when I entered the stadium at 2:50 and was in the toilet did I hear that they were asking people to go to their seats early. 

With the greatest respects instead of all the crap the club do on twitter they could have spent this week requesting fans go to their seats early.

I myself just barged past a steward as did a few others but many were locked out.

The club tweeted about this this morning and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO also tweeted about it yesterday which the club retweeted.

Haven't checked other social media.

Could it have been communicated better? Probably.

Was it a completely unannounced thing sprung upon the day? Absolutely not.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The club tweeted about this this morning and @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO also tweeted about it yesterday which the club retweeted.

Haven't checked other social media.

Could it have been communicated better? Probably.

Was it a completely unannounced thing sprung upon the day? Absolutely not.

I was in the bcc bar wwith dozens of others....most over 50.....none of them on Twitter,  so no one knew.

M Parsons sending a "tweet" is not proper communication .

M Parsons = chocolate teapot!

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

I was in the bcc bar wwith dozens of others....most over 50.....none of them on Twitter,  so no one knew.

Other than the PA at the game- anounced on the day, as opposed to the day before and a reminder on the day (and also something that was done), what do you propose?

A phone call to each supporter on their records, just in case they are going to the game?

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

So you can go on OTIB, but you couldn’t look on the club website where it says about it too?

Stop making excuses.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Other than the PA at the game- anounced on the day, as opposed to the day before and a reminder on the day (and also something that was done), what do you propose?

A phone call to each supporter on their records, just in case they are going to the game?

The least they could do, isn't it ?

1 minute ago, Selred said:

So you can go on OTIB, but you couldn’t look on the club website where it says about it too?

Stop making excuses.

If you don't know about it how would you know to look for it?

****ing daft how angry people are getting over this. Just because you want to enter the stadium at your usual time doesn't mean you're being disrespectful.

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

****ing daft how angry people are getting over this. Just because you want to enter the stadium at your usual time doesn't mean you're being disrespectful.

Sorry but people can’t blame the club for not publicising it, because they did publicise it. 

People can wait in the concourse for 5 minutes, understand it’s for the minute silence and then head up. 

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Common sense isn't it?

A minutes applause is a known thing, so you'd know to get to your seat early. Thinking "hmm, maybe I should check the club website" on a day where it's known there would be something happening seems a sensible idea to me.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I may have missed it but I didn't see anything on here saying get to your seats early? Immediately as I'm traveling I don't tend to look at otib pre match.

This isn't the club website though is it?

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Sorry but people can’t blame the club for not publicising it, because they did publicise it. 

People can wait in the concourse for 5 minutes, understand it’s for the minute silence and then head up. 

By all accords they published it on the morning of the game? I saw a post with a video this morning, that would have been the place to write it but they didn't.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Common sense isn't it?

A minutes applause is a known thing, so you'd know to get to your seat early. Thinking "hmm, maybe I should check the club website" on a day where it's known there would be something happening seems a sensible idea to me.

This isn't the club website though is it?

It's absolutely common sense for a minute's silence/applause/whatsoever of course yes. But I'd never have expected that you wouldn't be allowed to walk up to your seat in that period, you can still do so silently. I'm not at the game today mind so maybe it was obvious.

27 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If only there was a day once a year that we were meant to commemorate those lost in wars, that everyone was aware of and was properly advertised via the sale of poppies and other means.

Oh wait. . . 

As I said, I went to enter the seating area at 2:52, the teams hadn't even come out, there was already a queue at the vomitory, so yes it was OTT imo.

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

By all accords they published it on the morning of the game? I saw a post with a video this morning, that would have been the place to write it but they didn't.

Nope there was an article and tweets yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes I can blame them because they should have been communicating it like on Monday. 

People were prevented from paying their respects and that's where I have a huge issue.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yes I can blame them because they should have been communicating it like on Monday. 

People were prevented from paying their respects and that's where I have a huge issue.

Sorry but you don’t need to stand in the stadium to show respects, if you want to show respect in the stadium don’t turn up so close to kick off. 

Youre completely making a mountain out of a molehill. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Sorry but you don’t need to stand in the stadium to show respects, if you want to show respect in the stadium don’t turn up so close to kick off. 

Youre completely making a mountain out of a molehill. 

It wouldn't have as much meaning standing outside in the concourse would it? 

I went to go to my seat at 2:52 and was almost prevented from doing so. The teams hadn't even come out, that's where my issue mainly is.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It wouldn't have as much meaning standing outside in the concourse would it? 

I went to go to my seat at 2:52 and was almost prevented from doing so. The teams hadn't even come out, that's where my issue mainly is.

Just remembering is enough. Tomorrow at 11 is the main time anyhow.

The stewards need to stop people at some time, even if it’s before players come out. 

Archived