IGNORED

BCFC, you got this wrong!

Up The City!

On 10/11/2018 at 18:08, ziderheadarmy said:

@Up The City! You should go careful barging last stewards. You could be followed on HD CCTV and banned from the ground. 

The steward was only doing what they had been told to do. 

Was it a man or a women you barged? 

Not at the ground today but seriously? People clapped? 

Yes, how stupid is that, I was listening on RB and I couldn't believe it when it started.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

One thing that was lacking yesterday - and this is not the fault of the club, the Royal British Legion or anyone who isn't me. Was an opportunity to buy a poppy (if there was, I missed it).

I wore a coat yesterday that I hadn't worn since the last home game and in doing so, forgot to take my Poppy pin off another coat, so I wasn't sporting a poppy yesterday.

If I'd have seen someone collecting I would have been more than happy to have got another one.

There were poppies being sold out the ground yesterday so you might have just been unlucky! 

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes, how stupid is that, I was listening on RB and I couldn't believe it when it started.

Tbf I think it started because of confusion of what was supposed to be happening after the Last Post had finished as opposed anything that was intentional.  Respect was still shown though that's the most important thing. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

One thing that was lacking yesterday - and this is not the fault of the club, the Royal British Legion or anyone who isn't me. Was an opportunity to buy a poppy (if there was, I missed it).

I wore a coat yesterday that I hadn't worn since the last home game and in doing so, forgot to take my Poppy pin off another coat, so I wasn't sporting a poppy yesterday.

If I'd have seen someone collecting I would have been more than happy to have got another one.

There were people selling poppies inside the ground certainly before the game once the turnstiles had opened, probably at HT and after the game too. I personally saw two lots, eg one person holding a tray and another person or two with them in the SS/Dolman concourses. And I wasn’t in particular looking out for them. They probably had a similar number or more than the average charity collectors we have each match.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

There were people selling poppies inside the ground certainly before the game once the turnstiles had opened, probably at HT and after the game too. I personally saw two lots, eg one person holding a tray and another person or two with them in the SS/Dolman concourses. And I wasn’t in particular looking out for them. They probably had a similar number or more than the average charity collectors we have each match.

Amazingly, I tried to find one and managed to miss them all!

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Amazingly, I tried to find one and managed to miss them all!

I’m sure it was the thought that counted, as you said you had previously donated so you were sporting their new range, the invisible poppy so all good :laugh:. I was fed up with the paper poppies falling off my coat so purchased one of their pin badges, then discovered I couldn’t pin it on like a broach ( sp) and didn’t want to pierce my coat. I was going to find another way of securing then lost it!

As I said, it was the thought ( and the donation) that was more important than a physical display. 

Archived