IGNORED

Johnson out

South Bristol Red

13 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

**** it. 

Your average supporter saw the issues in mid-Feb. Mid-Nov those problems are worse, not better with little prospect of any change.

Talks a good game, repeatedly fails to deliver. Identifies the holistic problems, repeatedly fails to fix them. He’s created a monster in the image of himself as a player. Looking busy, but achieving very little. 

Worry is SL is going to leave it too late to salvage the situation. We have all the hallmarks of strong relegation candidates with a bloated squad devoid of leaders, quality and identity. Frankly, bar Webster and Kelly,  I pity anyone inheriting this squad. This isn’t a matter of tweaking, root and branch is required. 

Not far off the Pulis and SoD end-of-regime apathy for me. 

"He's created a monster in the image of himself as a player".

THIS: is why he should NEVER have been given the job, and why so many fans never accepted him.

THIS: is why he should go now.

Well said.

:clap:

8 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

Next 6 fixtures:

Leeds A 

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmingham A

Norwich H

Derby A

Honestly I can see 1 win 1 draw and 4 defeats there.  Johnson needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass to save himself, I struggle to see him surviving this if he can't turn it around.

Yes, but that's just a LJ standard 'poor' run.

I would stick with Lee for the time being no point getting him out unless there is someone currently out there that can move the club on further. I personally would wait and see if the Fulham manager becomes available soon. I was told a couple of years ago he was our first choice as manager before Lee. 

18 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Just fixed my washing machine and came here with a glass of wine so I could have a good chuckle.

I wasn't disappointed.

Mark Ashton loves gardening. Pass it on.

Is that because he’s on gardening leave Peg?  Is that why we’ve not seen or heard from him?

10 hours ago, shelts said:

Quite funny to see LJ hotfoot it out and down the tunnel . The man has no stomach to face the fans in defeat but when we win he laps it up like he’s Sir Alex. 

Fraudster 

I have no respect for him. He is very quick to parade himself around the pitch after the good days but while the players are brave enough to face us even after the worst games, Johnson is down the tunnel and out of sight within seconds of the final whistle.

Gutless in adition to clueless!

15 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

Next 6 fixtures:

Leeds A 

Ipswich A

Millwall H

Birmingham A

Norwich H

Derby A

Honestly I can see 1 win 1 draw and 4 defeats there.  Johnson needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass to save himself, I struggle to see him surviving this if he can't turn it around.

Who's the one win?  If they continue playing like yesterday, I sadly can't see even one win!

He won't go anywhere, not even sure he should.  However, football is a funny old game so you never know.

IF he does. then there's only one man to bring that £100 million dream to Ashton Gate and I bet he will only take one more job.

If/when Cardiff come down, Warnock in charge purely to get us promoted, big financial bonus for his pension for doing so. Give him everything he needs to do it in a season.

Nothing else matters if the goal is the premiership.  Tried, tested, works. You don't have to like him (I do). You just have to appreciate tat he can likely deliver your goal and I bet he would love to manage City before retirement.

5 minutes ago, cityfan said:

He won't go anywhere, not even sure he should.  However, football is a funny old game so you never know.

IF he does. then there's only one man to bring that £100 million dream to Ashton Gate and I bet he will only take one more job.

If/when Cardiff come down, Warnock in charge purely to get us promoted, big financial bonus for his pension for doing so. Give him everything he needs to do it in a season.

Nothing else matters if the goal is the premiership.  Tried, tested, works. You don't have to like him (I do). You just have to appreciate tat he can likely deliver your goal and I bet he would love to manage City before retirement.

Prepare for incoming 

I'm in the LJ camp(just) but yesterday showed his disrespect when he put a player on (Matty Taylor) because we have a song about him. Not because he believed he could turn the game. I know some fans think buying Matty was a big joke on Rovers and now it appears the manager thinks likewise. I'm a fan of both LJ&MT but LJ showed a total lack of respect to a player who has been performing well for us 

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

From the moment Weimann was signed, Johnson should have been given the boot

Bizarre statement to say the least, before FD came back from his ban Weimann was our main striker and was scoring for fun, FD comes back in and Weimann is dropping back and then often moved out wide. Used properly he’s a very good player in this league.

18 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Bizarre statement to say the least, before FD came back from his ban Weimann was our main striker and was scoring for fun, FD comes back in and Weimann is dropping back and then often moved out wide. Used properly he’s a very good player in this league.

Because we need a prolific goalscorer. Weimann isnt that man.A winger come forward isnt what we needed. Despite his Purple patch in August his history in front of goal is hardly impressive so why the signing? Now we have the issue of a half interested Diedhiou who is hardly prolific himself , getting a cheering in his ears as he gets subbed off.

Worrying comes to mind

33 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Every time Fammy comes back in our form drops alarmingly.....both last season and this season....

21 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Because we need a prolific goalscorer. Weimann isnt that man.A winger come forward isnt what we needed. Despite his Purple patch in August his history in front of goal is hardly impressive so why the signing? Now we have the issue of a half interested Diedhiou who is hardly prolific himself , getting a cheering in his ears as he gets subbed off.

Worrying comes to mind

So he wasn’t prolific before LJ decided to move him over to accommodate FD? Was looking pretty good to me, scoring plenty, getting in goalscoring positions and creating for others, whilst not giving the defenders a moments rest similar to Bobby Reid last season, whether he’d of kept it up all season who knows, but why on earth LJ changed it god only knows and if it was down to me he’d be our main striker every week.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So he wasn’t prolific before LJ decided to move him over to accommodate FD? Was looking pretty good to me, scoring plenty, getting in goalscoring positions and creating for others, whilst not giving the defenders a moments rest similar to Bobby Reid last season, whether he’d of kept it up all season who knows, but why on earth LJ changed it god only knows and if it was down to me he’d be our main striker every week.

You could be right but why would he suddenly hit the back of the net regularly with us? Like I said his history tells us the opposite

5 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

You could be right but why would he suddenly hit the back of the net regularly with us? Like I said his history tells us the opposite

Could say the same for Reid, never showed that he could do what he did with us last season, Weimann was played out wide by Derby and his record proves that, play him in his favoured position as a striker like LJ did before he decided to change it and he showed what he’s all about, now he’s nowhere near the player we saw early on because he’s being moved here there and everywhere, purely down to LJ.

21 hours ago, shelts said:

Quite funny to see LJ hotfoot it out and down the tunnel . The man has no stomach to face the fans in defeat but when we win he laps it up like he’s Sir Alex. 

Fraudster 

Glad others have spotted this. Never anywhere to be seen when we lose. 

Im sure we’ve all worked for bosses like that... the staff (in this case players) generally end up thinking the boss is a ****

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Glad others have spotted this. Never anywhere to be seen when we lose. 

Im sure we’ve all worked for bosses like that... the staff (in this case players) generally end up thinking the boss is a ****

There were about 3 who came to clap the Dolman. Kalas, i think was one and i thought that was decent so I clapped them.

The bloke who ballsed up the whole affair ... Nowhere

I don't believe now is the time to be getting rid of Lee . It would be ludicrous to sack a manager when we're 13th in the table , not only that who do you replace him with ? If Steve wanted shot of him it would of been end of last season after the last bad run . The season still has a long way to go with January window too be nice to see us mid table at the end of the season 

A different perspective.

LJ is going nowhere for the time being. To get rid will mean the whole coaching policy and the structure behind it going too and that's not going to happen.

This would also mean a slap in the face for the major shareholder who has given LJ a lot of backing. In fact I would go on to suggest that in the future, the next head coach will be Jamie McAllister. 

IMO we have no grit in the team as the player recruitment takes this into account and doesn't seemingly see it as a critical factor when making signings, which I think is wrong. That's why players like Baker, Taylor and Watkins have to start. They are the players who can dig in. I was astounded to find Watkins wasn't even in the squad but Eisa was.

Other teams have worked this out and its no surprise that we are struggling to get on the front foot.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in all honesty we have sold three cornerstones of the team and with it 30+ goals.

One can argue that Webster is a defensive improvement on Flint.

DaSilva/ Kelly will be better than Bryan and Weimann should turn out equally as good as Reid. What you can't guarantee is the goals.

There is more pressure this season on others getting the goals.

So, with losing those players, which LJ has no control over, it is no surprise we are struggling to make an impact. Obviously he thought those signings would have filled the void but in order to kick on this season we not only needed to replace those important players but we also needed to improve still further.

We are heading towards mid table obscurity IF LJ can turn the tide.

The interesting point is that SL expects a year on year improvement so that's a top ten or maybe flirting with the play offs for this season. Currently LJ is falling short and if that continues then I can honestly see the change made.

I was extremely disappointed that we didn't compete over the majority of the match and I can understand to a certain extent (but not all) the outcry against him. He will always be a "marmite" player/coach because of his father which deeply devides opinion (unfairly in my opinion).

I am just trying to put a more considered view to the debate.

Archived