IGNORED

Diedhiou

pl00peh91

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nobody is suggesting what you are saying, people are venting their frustration because like with Paterson and now Pack it is being allowed to go on for far too long.

Everywhere I go now to see people’s opinion on the games I see that Diédhiou continuously gets slandered (Facebook definitely the worst) and it isn’t fair when there are players that are on worse form that seem to avoid it. It’s just not fair to me.

17 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Clutching at straws??? He had no support whatsoever from any of his team mates today, hiding in the opponents box too? Yes I suppose we should just blame him for the shit crosses into him aswell shouldn’t we. I’ve said previously FD does not suit the way we play/should be playing, but the cheering and now stick he’s getting on here is OTT.

You do realise the plan (According to Johnson) to float crosses in rather than whip them in , so that he could attack them

You realise that Diedhiou would have been aware of that

Did you notice his response to the plan

His movement to attack crosses ?

Probably not ........as repeatedly he was caught flat footed under the ball , and never on the move 

Looked like a Conference player today , at best 

Embarrassing ....l. But Its his lack of desire that is getting to people  and his inexplicable ability to show the slightest bit of any strength

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I can with 100% confidence say that the whole team including the subs that came on today were absolute s***e as well as the manager/coach.

If the players find today acceptable to churn out that garbage then don’t be surprised when fans boo the team or individuals

We fans know the difference between a team putting 100% in and not and today was absolutely abysmal

Oh I agree we were abysmal today. However I don’t see why people found it acceptable to cheer him off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Oh I agree we were abysmal today. However I don’t see why people found it acceptable to cheer him off the pitch.

Half heartedly dangling a leg at a cross just before he was hooked didn’t help his cause

He was abysmal , as were nearly all, and like it or not he lacked heart desire or determination

Fans , or some fans , won’t accept that

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

Everywhere I go now to see people’s opinion on the games I see that Diédhiou continuously gets slandered (Facebook definitely the worst) and it isn’t fair when there are players that are on worse form that seem to avoid it. It’s just not fair to me.

And Hunt and Da Silva and Baker and Kalas and Pack and Brownhill and Paterson, they all get their fair share.

As I said on a previous post a proper striker ala Wilbraham and even the mighty John Atyeo or Paul Chessley would rectify it in the very next game by putting themselves about, BCFC fans are very forgiving to players who put effort in that's why Taylor's lack of goals are more easily forgiven, Cheesley took about 18 months or more to win the fans over, he never sulked, he just buckled down and got on with it.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Half heartedly dangling a leg at a cross just before he was hooked didn’t help his cause

He was abysmal , as were nearly all, and like it or not he lacked heart desire or determination

Fans , or some fans , won’t accept that

I did think he was good first half but second half not as much. Really wasn’t helped by the supply line but for me booing your own player is never acceptable 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Jesus why is everything about protecting these overpaid, pampered prancing pussies, they love the bullshit that surrounds a win or a goal or even a good performance and have to take the rough with the smooth.

All these people calling fans morons for voicing their opinion is pathetic, in my 60 years of support one thing that the BCFC crowd have always been is very appreciative of a player who actually looks as though he gives a shit and puts in maximum effort but can spot a phoney from a mile off.

Players strive on confidence. Do you expect them to be confident when their own supporters are booing them?

Hardly going to be helping the team, is it? Surely that's not difficult for you to comprehend?

1 hour ago, RedJim said:

Oh, I'm with you on the manager! 

But I don't believe cheering a player (whatever the reasons, it looks like it's directed at him) when he's substituted is going to help that player's confidence - and we need his goals this season.

Agree, but Bailey was carrying an injury and should not have started, LJ left it far to late making the change, every player and fan knew it was wrong the moment the team sheet came out. 

Just another tinkerman cock up!

10 minutes ago, LilRascal said:

True. He’s just low on confidence isn’t he. Jeez - we need Mo Eisa to properly get back in contention for first team action. None of the strikers in today’s squad are firing properly right now. 

I think you are going to be rather disappointed if you believe a player who was playing 7 levels lower 2  years ago is going to resolve our striker issues.

Eisa was a punt, an expensive punt, but a punt nonetheless. I have some doubts that he would actually be here had it not been the 'connections' involved. 

I would love to be proved wrong but I doubt he is going to make a difference.

8 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Players strive on confidence. Do you expect them to be confident when their own supporters are booing them?

Hardly going to be helping the team, is it? Surely that's not difficult for you to comprehend?

What I expect is what players did years ago, get on with what they are handsomely paid to do play football.

Long before substitutes fans were merciless with under performing players, the abuse was incredible, the difference is the modern pussies spend far too much time on social media, getting involved in spats with fans who help pay their wages.

For the 3rd time I will repeat, BCFC fans in my 60 years of support are very forgiving to off form players as long as they are putting in the effort, that is why Taylor's lack of goals is easily forgiven.

PS:- If you ever run into Paul Cheesley ask him how long it took him to win the fans over.

Play forward and get players in the box and FD will give you goals, lump it forward and expect him to play football in the final third won’t get goals as his ball controll is shit, every manager knows it - but LJ ain’t a manager so he’s wasting the 5 mil and making a good goal scorer look stupid 

2 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Play forward and get players in the box and FD will give you goals, lump it forward and expect him to play football in the final third won’t get goals as his ball controll is shit, every manager knows it - but LJ ain’t a manager so he’s wasting the 5 mil and making a good goal scorer look stupid 

The player has a role as well don't you think?

And he is not busting a gut in the 6 yard box when decent low crosses are driven in for him, I can think of 5 in the past 3 games and also when a decent cross does come in he is 90% of the time hiding behind a defender, he takes up awful positions in the box.

What I will and have conceded in previous posts is he needs one on one coaching from the likes of Alby Wilbraham, about how to get into better positions and how to be far stronger holding the ball up than he is.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What I expect is what players did years ago, get on with what they are handsomely paid to do play football.

Long before substitutes fans were merciless with under performing players, the abuse was incredible, the difference is the modern pussies spend far too much time on social media, getting involved in spats with fans who help pay their wages.

For the 3rd time I will repeat, BCFC fans in my 60 years of support are very forgiving to off form players as long as they are putting in the effort, that is why Taylor's lack of goals is easily forgiven.

PS:- If you ever run into Paul Cheesley ask him how long it took him to win the fans over.

What they get paid is grossly irrelevant. Nobody deserves abuse for doing their job.

I'm sure everybody has underperformed at work at times, and been used in certain positions where they feel they aren't being used to their full potential.

We're not in 1960 anymore.

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

What they get paid is grossly irrelevant. Nobody deserves abuse for doing their job.

I'm sure everybody has underperformed at work at times, and been used in certain positions where they feel they aren't being used to their full potential.

I give up, Roy Keene was correct pass the prawn sandwiches, it's become a game for pussies.

He is the only person who can stop the rot and attempt to improve, sulking won't help him and you blaming the fans won't help him either.

You are correct it's not 1960 and mores the pity, because players like him would not survive.

And for the record what they get paid is not irrelevant at all, especially when they are not earning it.

7 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

What a brain dead reply! Think first.

25 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think you are going to be rather disappointed if you believe a player who was playing 7 levels lower 2  years ago is going to resolve our striker issues.

Eisa was a punt, an expensive punt, but a punt nonetheless. I have some doubts that he would actually be here had it not been the 'connections' involved. 

Agree it’s a punt - I’m clutching at straws here! 

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The player has a role as well don't you think?

And he is not busting a gut in the 6 yard box when decent low crosses are driven in for him, I can think of 5 in the past 3 games and also when a decent cross does come in he is 90% of the time hiding behind a defender, he takes up awful positions in the box.

What I will and have conceded in previous posts is he needs one on one coaching from the likes of Alby Wilbraham, about how to get into better positions and how to be far stronger holding the ball up than he is.

My point today is that we saw too many balls lumped forward to a player that just can’t play football, I think today he only managed to retain the ball long enough to complete a pass once!

our pressing game has gone so there is no real reason to start FD

1 minute ago, dave36 said:

My point today is that we saw too many balls lumped forward to a player that just can’t play football, I think today he only managed to retain the ball long enough to complete a pass once!

our pressing game has gone so there is no real reason to start FD

And my point is strikers have days like that but when the delivery is precise as it was at least 3 times today and probably 10 times in the past 3 games, then they have to be in the correct position and not strangely behind the last defender, they make runs across him occasionally, that is what good strikers do, even those struggling for form.

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fam wasn’t the problem today. LJ was and it will be a shame when this thread turns into the weekly bashing of him. 

True

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not really we have had it probably every game since he has returned. He shouldn’t be playing and neither should Paterson. Today Fam won a lot and battled in the box. It was a big ask and he did all he could. Can’t slate him for that. He was asked to play and imo actually played to his size for once

He’s a forward that needs service. As you allude above we would not have hit him with 100 crosses today, supply and the ball in awful. Weimann must be thinking what have i done to deserve this!

4 hours ago, upthebracket said:

If he’s being fed scraps like he was today you can’t blame the guy. 3 in midfield and completely dominated. Pack doesn’t look half the player he did last season. When youve got a midfield who can’t keep the ball or offer space it reflects in Weimann and Eliasson chasing fantasy balls and hoofing the ball to Taylor or Fammy hoping they can hold it down long enough to find a knock on.

Exactly

4 hours ago, Fuber said:

He has every reason to be fustrated, he had no support and we just lumped boxes into him. Not once on the ground. Easy to blame him - If he had a first touch (we know he can finish some chances from last season) he wouldn't be with us. Midfield non-existant.

For all the football snobs who don't want Mick McCarthy because of his 'poor style of football', he'd serve up better than that sh** today - Committment, work-rate, and a simple game plan.

We have no gameplan, no set style of play, two random formations, and a manager as predicatble as a japanese bullet train i.e. Subbing on a striker and winger every single game. "Taylor made and impact!" - **** off did he, he was just fresh and we know he has a half decent work rate - still couldn't pass three yards.

I've moaned about LJ, he has his downsides, last season we at least played good football for 6 months, and people on here convinced me he could do again - looked great after the first 5 games and Swansea away. But since? With the players at our disposal? The Inconsistant perfomances?

I've ran out of patience.

Out. Sooner the better. We want to be stable at this level? Could do a lot worse then McCarthy. For one thing he'd clear out the inneffective coaching staff.

Exactly

3 hours ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

Shouldn't have cheered him off though, in my opinion. Atmosphere was flat and somewhat toxic.

The crowds was frustrated, the jeers were really all about LJ

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hardly surprising given what our fans did. Utter morons. 

Give Fam the right service and play to his strengths and he'd score 20 at this level. Anyone who jeered him off should be thoroughly ashamed.

Note my previous response

3 hours ago, GIBBO THE GREAT said:

Johnson  say's Diedhiou need's a kick up the backside he couldn't reach and probably miss anyway 

Did Johnson say that really. I know who’s ass needs kicking and i would reach

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And some blind and easily satisfied.

Exactly

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Felt sorry for Diedhiou. Johnson doesn't even know how to play long ball it seems. Far too predictable. Smash it up to Diedhiou who knocks it to Weimann who is marked. If you play a 3 like Warnocks Cardiff last season, it allows 2 forwards to run off of the target man, making it harder for markers to mark the runners. First half today was like Diedhiou and Weimann on their own with no other movement joining up with them. All our crosses came from deep, mainly from Hunt. Did not ever work it to the byeline. Diedhiou was below par, but was not helped by our tactics. Well let's face it, every player played poorly, which is no coincidence. I'm not even blaming the players anymore, as I know they can do much better when set up correctly.

Exactly

2 hours ago, LilRascal said:

As bad as Fammy was today, I think all the others players were equally bad - including Taylor when he came on. I honestly don’t think Taylor is the answer to anything (except what was the funniest signing we’ve ever made). 

Tammy worse than who exactly. :laugh:

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wish we had a replica of Alby from a few years ago now. Just to show FD how to be a big strong centre forward more than anything.

Seems a ******* world away.

SC could find a footballer in the dark. LJ couldn’t find one having spent millions

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He just gets worse- seems to have little confidence also. I remember in the 2nd half can't remember which minute but a low ross towards the box, he misses- not as in a shot off target, or a shot that flies out for a throw in say but just missed the ball entirely- out for a throw in to Preston.

Terrible!

He gets worse as we get worse. Did have a single ball to get on first half. Second half he had one and went close with an 18 yard header..>

It’s not the players. We have been awful since January. Smell the coffee guys!

A while back i ask in  a thread if there was much difference between Arnold Garita  and FD.  I was not in jest, asking a serious question.  Yes FD scores the odd goal, yes he beats his chest and the badge, but in all the years watching City he is a million miles from  being anywhere near the best striker I have seen play for BCFC in my years supporting the club.

Yet he is the most expensive by a long way.  Five Million ??  Nahhhhh.    Not knocking him, and want him to do well, but we can all see our best attacking options were MT and AW at the start of the season.  Again, be an interesting watch in January.  He does not fit into our style of play, whatever that is !!

57 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

It is relevant.

For the money paid more should be expected. This player is a flagship signing. Players have options. He controls his effort. He has the choice fight or flight and consistently the player has displayed he does not have a fighters mindset. 

Yes its not 1960 anymore. Players now run further and for longer this includes the forwards. The player in questions work rate is uneven. Scores goals, is a threat … The game now is about more .. Hard work and commitment should be a given.

There have been quite a few posts in this thread saying 'play to his strengths', but what do people actually think these are?

I want him to do well, as we all do, but I wonder how people would rate him if he was playing for the opposition. If he was in a starting line up against us, would anyone be particularly worried? 

He's average in the air in open play (i.e. when he's not going for goal), which makes the fact we played so many high balls today the more baffling. His control from his waist downwards is poor. His control on his chest on the other hand is great and he can take awkward passes down really well. It's the inconstancy of what he does with the ball once he's controlled it that I find frustrating.

LJ should be coaching him to control the ball, protect it and give it simple. It sounds ridiculous to say this about a professional footballer, but the team would really benefit if he just concentrated on those things - the basics. Unfortunately the more time FD holds on to the ball, the more time he has to lose it. It's for this reason it's crucial that he has people around him so he has a simple pass on - something that was lacking today.

This post obviously comes across as quite negative. I'd love him to get 15-20 goals this season and contribute to a team playing entertaining football to shut me up. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to an incredibly poor team performance today either and I'm not treating FD as a scapegoat.

Putting aside of how we should play to get the best out of FD, there are just parts of his game that should be much better regardless of how the team is set up. I don't think it's being negative to expect more of our record signing. I've been quite consistent with my criticisms of him, I just can't see any improvement in his overall game which is as much a criticism of him as it is of our coaching staff.

Eau Savage is unable to:

Jump, Win Headers, Hold The Ball Up, Compete, Stand Strong (even against weaklings), Move Off The Ball, Move Rapidly, Hit The Target, Link Play,  Act As A Target, Justify Any Reason Why We Should Bother To Retain Him.

The fact he has none of the above attributes has sod all to do with confidence and everything to do with a total lack of ability, aptitude and attitude.

He's 24 carat DooDoo ( albeit on a par with the remainder of our so-called strikers (sic))

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

remember what you have just written, in 6 months we will see who is right agreed, that is of course if Mo has been given a fair chance, hope you like the taste of humble pie!

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

For me, at the risk of being considered a consistent Fam critic...

About 90 seconds in, a cross came in. Fam had time to judge it, no man on him. It hit the top of his head and ballooned over. He later completely misjudged several crosses and timed nothing. 

Ive been vocal before that he unbalances the side. However, even when he does that (often), if he plays well in his own game that can be forgiven. Today, he wasn’t even that and was bang awful.  The fact he unbalanced the team didn’t help him at all - if he was playing poorly but contributing to the whole there’s more leeway, but because of the base he’s coming from, that’s not there.

It’s reasonable to say he was cack. What is unreasonable is people booing him/cheering him coming off. Anyone who did that take a look at yourself 

Absolutely this. Was shocked how bad his timing and anticipation were.

As for sarcastically cheering him off, that was bang out of order!

16 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

For me, at the risk of being considered a consistent Fam critic...

About 90 seconds in, a cross came in. Fam had time to judge it, no man on him. It hit the top of his head and ballooned over. He later completely misjudged several crosses and timed nothing. 

Ive been vocal before that he unbalances the side. However, even when he does that (often), if he plays well in his own game that can be forgiven. Today, he wasn’t even that and was bang awful.  The fact he unbalanced the team didn’t help him at all - if he was playing poorly but contributing to the whole there’s more leeway, but because of the base he’s coming from, that’s not there.

It’s reasonable to say he was cack. What is unreasonable is people booing him/cheering him coming off. Anyone who did that take a look at yourself 

Spot on this. I read that Hunt put in 9 crosses into the box, Da Silva must have hit 3 or 4 as well and aside from that first one 90 seconds in that Fammy got right underneath, he didn't get anywhere near any of the other crosses, and they were not bad crosses either. He showed no anticipation at all and if not easily knocked off balance by the centre backs, he was jumping too early resulting in the ball going over his head. Honestly, I think if we still had Djuric he would probably have scored a hat trick of headers from those crosses!

Agree it's wrong to cheer him off, but he looked more like a £50,000 striker than a £5m one.

15 hours ago, Flint says No said:

make up your mind, if we criticise him that's wrong, and now it's wrong to cheer him off the pitch. (tongue firmly in cheek)

Archived