IGNORED

Moments silence

Pezo

1 hour ago, PolskRed said:

The sentiment was completely respectful. Whether it went to plan was neither here nor there and more or likely not City’s fault. Please let’s not use this to bash the club as well eh?? ?

I dont think anyone bashing the club. 

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It sounds like most of the blame is aimed at people that can't follow basic instructions not the club. 

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It sounds like most of the blame is aimed at people that can't follow basic instructions not the club. 

However it was the point is absolutely no disrespect was meant and that is how it came across. No big deal. 

It was a complete cock-up. I was among those stuck in the concourse during the whole thing. We were all ready to go silent as the whistle blew, but then there was clapping, so at that point the stewards were confused, assuming the remembrance was over, and actually let us in at that point. Shambolic!

The announcement should clearly have stated that there would be a minute's silence to start on the referee's whistle and then finish on a second whistle. Something similar has been said previously.

To be honest, the whole episode was the perfect precedent to the mess that followed!

45 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

However it was the point is absolutely no disrespect was meant and that is how it came across. No big deal. 

My point was that almost no one is using it to bash the club. I think there is only a small minority that think it was disrespectful.

2 hours ago, PolskRed said:

The sentiment was completely respectful. Whether it went to plan was neither here nor there and more or likely not City’s fault. Please let’s not use this to bash the club as well eh?? ?

59 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I dont think anyone bashing the club. 

57 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

Read the posts about today’s events... A lot do at every given opportunity.

53 minutes ago, Pezo said:

49 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

Utter Shambles.

Shouldn't mock the fella's accent but might as well have had Shag Connors read The Exhortation.

As for The Last Post, couldn't help but think of that Eric Morecambe line:"..playing all the right notes, though not necessarily in the right order...."

4 hours ago, Harry said:

This was indeed a shambles. 

The PA quite clearly said “after the Last Post, please observe a moments silence upon the refs whistle”. 

The fact people couldn’t understand that simple instruction says a lot about the intelligence of some of our fans!! 

Can only assume they thought the refs whistle signalled the end of the “moment of reflection”. But my word, what a bloody shambles. 

Still, long and short of it is, everyone did what they thought was right so respect was shown in a way, but I just could not believe what happened. 

How dare you insult the intelligence of our crowd! Get off your high horse will you. The instructions were not very clear at all and due to the poor PA even if they were clear then people wouldn't have heard.

I think most thought that the silence was during the last post.

So in effect there was a minutes silence and a minutes applause so best of both worlds.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Utter Shambles.

Shouldn't mock the fella's accent but might as well have had Shag Connors read The Exhortation.

As for The Last Post, couldn't help but think of that Eric Morecambe line:"..playing all the right notes, though not necessarily in the right order...."

Rather than reflecting I was trying to figure out if he was playing badly or if it was the poor PA making it sound bad.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

How dare you insult the intelligence of our crowd! Get off your high horse will you. The instructions were not very clear at all and due to the poor PA even if they were clear then people wouldn't have heard.

So in effect there was a minutes silence and a minutes applause so best of both worlds.

The instructions were very clear.  I heard it.  It was pretty straight forward.  Clearly many didn't understand the simplest of instructions and so I question their ability to retain information for more than 60 seconds.
I've already said that no one would have done this in a disrespectful manner, so I'm not insulting the intent to be respectful, just the brain to follow simple instruction.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I don't think most thought the "silence" was when a bloke was playing a trumpet. The clue's in the name. I fully expected the silence to follow after the Last Post and I would imagine most other people did.

I think what happened was, a few people mistakenly believed the whistle marked the end of proceedings rather than the start. This led to a ripple of applause, which quickly swelled to include the whole ground as we all essentially panicked and joined in.

It was just very unfortunate. The instructions were clear to most of us, but it only needed a minority to misunderstand for what happened to happen.

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

So in effect there was a minutes silence and a minutes applause so best of both 

I'm not being rude but I'm presuming you're young.......very young.

Armistice day is always remembered with a moment of quiet reflection, silence. Wether it be in the shopping centre at work, football or wherever, it's always silence.

When the last post is playing, that's not silence, it afterwards. No instructions should be needed 

45 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

It was a complete cock-up. I was among those stuck in the concourse during the whole thing. We were all ready to go silent as the whistle blew, but then there was clapping, so at that point the stewards were confused, assuming the remembrance was over, and actually let us in at that point. Shambolic!

The announcement should clearly have stated that there would be a minute's silence to start on the referee's whistle and then finish on a second whistle. Something similar has been said previously.

To be honest, the whole episode was the perfect precedent to the mess that followed!

Was pretty clear to me, before it all got underway Downsy clearly explained what was happening and also it was written on the big screens. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

This was indeed a shambles. 

The PA quite clearly said “after the Last Post, please observe a moments silence upon the refs whistle”. 

The fact people couldn’t understand that simple instruction says a lot about the intelligence of some of our fans!! 

Can only assume they thought the refs whistle signalled the end of the “moment of reflection”. But my word, what a bloody shambles. 

Still, long and short of it is, everyone did what they thought was right so respect was shown in a way, but I just could not believe what happened. 

That then also applies to the players, officials and some of the other dignitaries who joined in with the applause.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I'm not being rude but I'm presuming you're young.......very young.

Armistice day is always remembered with a moment of quiet reflection, silence. Wether it be in the shopping centre at work, football or wherever, it's always silence.

When the last post is playing, that's not silence, it afterwards. No instructions should be needed 

Clearly he is and if the youth need instructions about the last post then I truly worry about the future of this country 

Archived