IGNORED

Pack (again)

Super

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pack’s ego has finally overtaken his abilty, constantly arguing with the referee, very quick to have a right go at his own players when they make mistakes and just carries on making plenty of his own.

He is slow and utterly predictable.

He resembled Neil Kilkenny today in those respects. 

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Over time. Pack has impressed , however in a poor run of form ,  Walsh could take over from him.   Why not rest / rotate, pick on form ? He does with strikers and midfielders.  !

Quite right, start of this season Pack was playing well, but for the last 7 or 8 games he has been really poor. Today it was Pack who lost the ball on the halfway-line, then allowed the Preston player to turn through 360 and stride away from him which started the break from which they scored. His long range passing has always been hit and miss, but in this recent run even short range passes are going astray. Add to this arguing pointlessly with refs, whilst the opposition take the FK and get on with play, and even in the last minute stretching for a header and takng the ball away when Maenpaa looked odds on to have a clear header on goal from our corner. 

Pack needs to be dropped but won't be by LJ, in the same way as LJ always gives Pato game time.

A captain should lead by example. What concerned me most was when there were breaks in play - he was very quiet. 

He should have been getting into the team and organising them - not looking down at the ground.

2 hours after leaving the ground and traveling 100+ miles home I am still fuming. That was unacceptable today.

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

He resembled Neil Kilkenny today in those respects. 

He will never resemble Kilkenny! Kilkenny avoided contact just like Paterson and LJ - made sure he was close to the opposition when we were attacking and out of position when we were defending!

His game has dropped right off, never rated him before but he has grown on me, but he does not need to be captain - too much pressure! He does need a break and I think if he got one Brownhill would do a better job in midfield. Paterson needs to go hide in the cupboard under the stairs and end his affair with LJ, it’s bloody embarrassing (shit can I say that?) not very PC is it?

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Quite right, start of this season Pack was playing well, but for the last 7 or 8 games he has been really poor. Today it was Pack who lost the ball on the halfway-line, then allowed the Preston player to turn through 360 and stride away from him which started the break from which they scored. His long range passing has always been hit and miss, but in this recent run even short range passes are going astray. Add to this arguing pointlessly with refs, whilst the opposition take the FK and get on with play, and even in the last minute stretching for a header and takng the ball away when Maenpaa looked odds on to have a clear header on goal from our corner. 

Pack needs to be dropped but won't be by LJ, in the same way as LJ always gives Pato game time.

Well said

1 hour ago, harrys said:

What rubbish, did he start today? How many times has he started in the last 8 or so games?

Come on mate Pato has been given endless opportunities and has been abject since January last season. Still getting game time.

9 hours ago, pillred said:

shattered, and why would that be?

They don’t get rest. It is a 46 game season and they are usually in a midfield 2 up against 3. The amount of running they have to do is astounding. 46 championship games is too much for 2 CM imo. Not just exclusively a tiredness factor either. It is also confidence. They probably do not feel tired as such but their bodies will not let them do things on the third game in a week that they usually do. Think this affects confidence in the long run. I don’t think it is any coincidence Pack hasn’t been as good these last 7-8 games. Think the championship caught up to him but we have no options to rest him. Hopefully the international break will give his legs time to rest and get his comfidence back up. 

16 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I just wish he would take more responsibility to create an assist and play short (and forward) to feet, rather than see his primary role to feed it to the wings for someone to cross to no-one in particular.

Yesterday part of the problem was his two midfield partners played so advanced there was nobody short to pass to. Kalas had the same issue too. 

The only good movement was from Weimann who looked much better yesterday, but then got shoved wide left and didn’t see the ball again!

He is out of form though. 

Archived