IGNORED

Can anyone make a case for sticking with LJ

hoxton casual

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers chief! Good to have you back on here, I know you’ve had a difficult time, hope you’re ok...

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sorry Bob, I wasn't aware. I hope all is okay and glad to see a voice of reason back on here.

Thanks you two, and Fevs

Genuinely appreciated

Awful journey with a bad bad ending

In case there’s confusion I’m not referring to LJs tenure but might as well be !!

the way some mother over Johnson is incredible , like he’s doing us a  favour and working for goodwill

With Ashton cream8ng nearly 500k pa Johnson’s on somewhere between 1/2 a million and a million a year at least I’d safely predict 

Ok... I'll have a try.... 

This time last year we beat Manchester United to move into the semi final of a national trophy and gave man city a good run for their money. It wasn't based on a lucky run... we beat other prem teams including palace 4-1. 

We did it playing good football too. Very exciting. We hit a spell at poor form and tailed away. Heads of some players were turned... Joe Bryan left as did Bobby Reid and Aden flint. I doubt many of us thought we'd get near to the 20 million mark for those players.

But also some of our solid performers lost a lot of form. Take Paterson... baker... pisano... pack... diedhiou... I could go on. 

We've recruited young with so many promising prospects. Callum o'dowda, eliasson amongst those trying to become regulars in one of Europe's toughest leagues. We need to remember that we are battling against very tough teams with 11 professional men who are doing their best to beat us. 

Most games this season we have been competitive and although we may have had some luck along the way we've also had some bad luck. The end of the stoke match we played some great stuff... the game before that we lost at home I remember the first half hour thinking how entertaining and attacking we were playing. 

It's a brave philosophy to keep bringing players through... and a really tough one to sell your best players and buy cheaper ones. 

I see a team with players out of form... but who try. And not just try to win but to entertain. Sometimes they can't do either. But then neither do most other championship sides I've seen is okay.

So yes... some disappointing performances off the back of at least trying to do it the right way. When it clicks we are outstanding. And I support the team as they arent leaving a lot behind in terms of effort. It's just competitive and hard. I'd rather we fail sometimes trying to build players up and believe that as the new squad grow we will hit those heights again. 

I really wish more on here would see that. I'd rather it than some pragmatic managerial style that doesn't try the dynamic football we are disappointed not to see so much these days. 

8 minutes ago, Cannybluff said:

Ok... I'll have a try.... 

This time last year we beat Manchester United to move into the semi final of a national trophy and gave man city a good run for their money. It wasn't based on a lucky run... we beat other prem teams including palace 4-1. 

We did it playing good football too. Very exciting. We hit a spell at poor form and tailed away. Heads of some players were turned... Joe Bryan left as did Bobby Reid and Aden flint. I doubt many of us thought we'd get near to the 20 million mark for those players.

But also some of our solid performers lost a lot of form. Take Paterson... baker... pisano... pack... diedhiou... I could go on. 

We've recruited young with so many promising prospects. Callum o'dowda, eliasson amongst those trying to become regulars in one of Europe's toughest leagues. We need to remember that we are battling against very tough teams with 11 professional men who are doing their best to beat us. 

Most games this season we have been competitive and although we may have had some luck along the way we've also had some bad luck. The end of the stoke match we played some great stuff... the game before that we lost at home I remember the first half hour thinking how entertaining and attacking we were playing. 

It's a brave philosophy to keep bringing players through... and a really tough one to sell your best players and buy cheaper ones. 

I see a team with players out of form... but who try. And not just try to win but to entertain. Sometimes they can't do either. But then neither do most other championship sides I've seen is okay.

So yes... some disappointing performances off the back of at least trying to do it the right way. When it clicks we are outstanding. And I support the team as they arent leaving a lot behind in terms of effort. It's just competitive and hard. I'd rather we fail sometimes trying to build players up and believe that as the new squad grow we will hit those heights again. 

I really wish more on here would see that. I'd rather it than some pragmatic managerial style that doesn't try the dynamic football we are disappointed not to see so much these days. 

Whilest you make some valid points, unfortunately the style of play this season and end of last hasn't been close to what we were loving last year pre xmas.... 

We are unfortunately spiralling downwards. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise mate - now, given your username I need your opinion....my band knows we need to add a Specials track to our repertoire, especially as the festive season rushes towards us.....we are torn between Gangsters and Too Much Too Young...any thoughts?!

Gangsters for me. 

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not the Specials, but the same era. Maybe the outcry on here of late should get the powers that be to think about the name of this track. Luckily, it's one hell of a record!

Ahh UB40. I’ve always liked the track King. Not biggest the hit but one of my favourites of theirs!

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

What was the purpose of bumping this?

This could be the reason  :).................

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Funny that only a week or 2 after this thread we went on a 15 game unbeaten run!

Just read back some of my posts.  Can’t quite work out my stance.  Certainly not happy, but I don’t recall being “sack him”, more SL is expecting better bearing in mind what we’d spent / lost.

If I was down on LJ at that point, I did come away from the Preston game, tweeting 20man that I thought the players were to blame, and it was the kind of abject performance that gets managers sacked.

We were 12th at that point, and I’d gone into that season expecting us to be a slow burner, so surprised if I was calling for his head at that point.

Archived