IGNORED

SC

Glyn Rileys Mullet

I felt myself very fortunate today to be sat behind our former manager Sir Cotts.  However, please do not think this is a gushing pro-cotts thread.  My kids weren’t into football then as they were too young.  I tried to explain to the young ‘uns why he was so good.  “His team won us the first division and the cup” I said.  “Oh, which cup Dad?”  .....”um, it was a cup for lower league teams called blah blah”.....cue glazed over looks.  

“Why did he get sacked?”says the eldest.  “Because he lost too many games?”...says me.  “What did we get promoted to?.....I lose the will to live.

The point being...when has it ever been acceptable to have a bloody conversation in the middle of a second half when you are chasing a 0-1 game.  My youth was spent getting as close as possible to the middle of the East End so I could work out the words. Cheering off our record signing.  What the hell?  I think we need to take  a long hard look at how we support our team.  

I am gutted that I have spent years trying to get my nippers into watching City and they don’t get the chills of the “full experience”.  Today was dead from the get go.  Why?

That said,  hats off to the kids in the Upper Lansdown who were starting their own chants....brought a smile to the face!

Archived