IGNORED

Leeds away tickets sales to take a nose dive?

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Super said:

Another bad result for us was them getting stuffed yesterday. We could get thrashed.

I cant seehow we wont be hammered there!

Anything less than 3-0 would be a good result on current performances. 

I cant even see us finding a performance to get near them. 

More tombola in selection no doubt. I reckon 451. Sit in and hold on. Will be masterstroke tactics from LJ once again!!

10 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Away tickets in the premiership are capped at£30.

Yes.

What's that got to do with Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich's away ticket prices? They are more expensive than Leeds if you're a decent attraction - you said Leeds was the most expensive. They're not.

On 11/11/2018 at 06:13, KevP said:

....even some of the most diehardy fans I know were telling me they need a break from watching this utter crap yesterday, and I really don't blame them. I've had enough of it for a while myself.

I hear you mate! 

Had a work function Friday night. Absolutely hanging Saturday morning. Weather outside was atrocious. I really had to make an effort to get out of bed and go. The club rewards you with that utter shower of s**** you sometimes wonder why you bother. Joys of being a football fan.

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I take it that we are Cat. G?

I make no attempt to hide the fact that I'm a Leeds fan. I've looked in on occasions in the past because a mate is a big City fan.

As I say every year how you feel about the prices is different to how we do. We're used to being at the top end of the scale so £37 for an away game is within that central zone of, well, yeah, that's about right! Stockholm syndrome I think. We were charged £40 midweek at Norwich a couple of seasons back which stung a bit, but when the cost of a trip down there was taken into account a fiver here or there doesn't really come into it.

It was £39 at Sheffield Wednesday for us, £35 at Norwich, It will be £35 at Bolton until they sell the upper tier out when weirdly it will drop to £30 or £32.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/siteassets/documents/18-19-match-by-match_a2-poster_420x594.pdf

And it's not exactly cheap at Ashton Gate I don't think. I don't know. If I can go I'll just buy a ticket. The hotel and beer will cost far more!

I wish we would charge less to away fans, but while people are hoovering up tickets in the same stand on the home side at these prices there is the risk that those people would complain. Look after home or away fans as a priority?

2 minutes ago, SR1 said:

I make no attempt to hide the fact that I'm a Leeds fan. I've looked in on occasion because a mate is a big City fan.

As I say every year how you feel about the prices is different to how we do. We're used to being at the top end of the scale so £37 for an away game is within that central zone of, well, yeah, that's about right! Stockholm syndrome I think. We were charged £40 midweek at Norwich a couple of seasons back which stung a bit, but when the cost of a trip down there was taken into account a fiver here or there doesn't really come into it.

It was £39 at Sheffield Wednesday for us, £35 at Norwich, It will be £35 at Bolton until they sell the upper tier out when weirdly it will drop to £30 or £32.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/siteassets/documents/18-19-match-by-match_a2-poster_420x594.pdf

And it's not exactly cheap at Ashton Gate I don't think. I don't know. If I can go I'll just buy a ticket. The hotel and beer will cost far more!

I wish we would charge less to away fans, but while people are hoovering up tickets in the same stand on the home side at these prices there is the risk that those people would complain. Look after home or away fans as a priority?

I was kind of alluding to the fact that we are dogshit.

5 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I did wonder why you replied about Sheff Weds prices!

He said that we have the most expensive away prices in the country. I was merely pointing out that Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich have more expensive tickets for away fans if they choose to categorise your club in that band.

It's not exactly a proud contest to be a part of, and for you it may well be the most expensive. However for us it would by no means be unprecedented home or away, so it's horses for courses.

19 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Ahh, I get it. Mixing up posters. Still trying to work out what foghornred was alluding to by mentioning Premier League teams.

Basically, presume the post was meaning something like "If £30 max good enough for the Premier League, then Championship certainly shouldn't be more- most likely should be less".

I have sympathy for the argument- PL is demonstrably a higher standard of football (though between top 5 or 6 and the rest this year, it looks like being a bit of a chasm)- but then I look at the TV money differences then I look at how pricey this division has become last 4-5 years in terms of wages and fees say and how slowly the TV cash has grown and I better understand the need for higher ticket prices at this level. Doesn't mean I like it however but costs of football at this level- in layman's terms wages and fees- have risen out of all kilter with TV money,.

Archived