IGNORED

83 Minutes...

Sandhurst Red

Forgive yet another thread, but this is of genuine interest.

Yesterday we didn't register a single shot on target until the 83rd minute and that was Brownhill's Free-Kick.

No offence to Preston, but they have struggled on their travels this year and that stat alone is simply shocking. 

Can anyone recall any other game and the length of time it took to do the obvious?

Also, the fact that there was complete silence when Preston scored and no-one seemed to care just summed up yesterday's farce for me.  

On 11/11/2018 at 07:13, Sandhurst Red said:

Yesterday we didn't register a single shot on target until the 83rd minute and that was Brownhill's Free-Kick.

No offence to Preston, but they have struggled on their travels this year and that stat alone is simply shocking. 

Can anyone recall any other game and the length of time it took to do the obvious?

Also, the fact that there was complete silence when Preston scored and no-one seemed to care just summed up yesterday's farce for me.  

Brentford at home in April this year, failed to have even one shot on target.

7440E571-7870-44C7-8E72-AB3F31CC7585.jpeg

On 11/11/2018 at 07:13, Sandhurst Red said:

I can remember a game in Osman's time at Grimsby in which Wayne Allison had our first shot around the 83rd minute. Ie was a twenty yard screamer that bounced six times and trickled into the keepers hands. We went ape with delight and Osman was not amused!

Brentford at home was very bad- but it was vs a very good side in form whereas we were in poor form at that time and we set up wrong to boot. I feared the worst that day.

This was worse IMO- yes the stats make it look better but we were up against a less than sound defensive unit, with a poor away record and yet for a lot of the game they looked really quite comfortable. Didn't think we would score at all Saturday- neither of those outcomes any good though.

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

P38      W10     D11      L17      PTS 41

PPG 1.08

OVER A SEASON 50 POINTS = RELEGATION MOST SEASONS

That was bad on Saturday. Thing is I can’t see where any improvement is going to come from and it looks to me like he’s running out of ideas. What is worrying is the lack of goals.

if he turns this around I’ll be surprised. 

• Admin
20 minutes ago, swanker said:

That was bad on Saturday. Thing is I can’t see where any improvement is going to come from and it looks to me like he’s running out of ideas. What is worrying is the lack of goals.

if he turns this around I’ll be surprised. 

Sadly I feel the same, all our hopes now seem to be on Eisa and Adelukan 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

P38      W10     D11      L17      PTS 41

PPG 1.08

OVER A SEASON 50 POINTS = RELEGATION MOST SEASONS

It’s certainly a relegation battle based on those numbers. 

Cerrainly not defending LJ but you can pick any period of games to prove a point.

If we were to average 1.00 ppg we would end up on 51.   We are currently averaging 1.29. 

Archived