IGNORED

LJ (and Holden) stick or twist

old_eastender

LJ (and Holden) - stick or twist  

414 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two ways of looking at it...

Firstly, we are mid table. Exactly the number of points from the play offs as we are the relegation zone. Give LJ until Xmas and see where we are then. Not like anyone coming into the club now will be able to sign players anyway.

or

Secondly, get rid now and give a new manger a good month or so to look at the players that are here so come January he will know exactly what he needs to bring in.

Given we have been through far worse in the previous two seasons in terms of league form I don’t see LJ going anywhere anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Maybe he should take McCallister and Ashton with him too.

As well as experienced manager (UK or foreign) bring in experienced DOF to review recruitment strategy and scouting network too as that clearly needs to improve.

This assumes that SL is willing to review his own strategy of course which may be whistling in the wind.

Sl likes yes men , part of the reason he fell out with cotts 

I think now is the right time to part company. We are in no immediate danger, we are still relatively comfortable in the middle of the table, so the new man has time to assess his options and potentially bring in players in January - but more likely next summer.

It’s worth saying that LJ’s appointment has not proven to be the disaster some predicted. He pulled us clear of relegation in his first half-season and has gradually improved the league position since. If he goes now, history will look pretty kindly on him I think. But after an abysmal 2018, I think most are now reaching the conclusion that he is not the right man to take us any further. I think yesterday was nadir for many people like me.

I know, Glen, and that’s what’s partly holding us back too imo.

If SL’s not willing to come out of his comfort zone, then we need a far more effective and experienced manager who he thinks he can get on with to work within the set parameters.

Surely, it would be preferable if SL appointed the best manager/coach he could get and let him get on with it with less interference? 

The squad is far worse now than what he inherited from Cotts. 

As much as I wanted him to succeed, I just can’t see how he will achieve it with the players he has brought in. 

Go now as much work work is required before the transfer window. Surely there’s got to be more than Webster, Kelly (Kalas and da Silva) who are worth keeping from the 40 arrivals. 

2 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

He's had his time, he's had vast amounts of money at his disposal - these are his players, and they aren't performing. For me, he has until December and if no improvement then it's time for a change at the top. 

Same for me. Christmas is too far away. Please don’t give him another transfer window.

35 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think now is the right time to part company. We are in no immediate danger, we are still relatively comfortable in the middle of the table, so the new man has time to assess his options and potentially bring in players in January - but more likely next summer.

It’s worth saying that LJ’s appointment has not proven to be the disaster some predicted. He pulled us clear of relegation in his first half-season and has gradually improved the league position since. If he goes now, history will look pretty kindly on him I think. But after an abysmal 2018, I think most are now reaching the conclusion that he is not the right man to take us any further. I think yesterday was nadir for many people like me.

I'd agree with all of that, however the bit in bold means that he won't be going anywhere soon. History has shown us that SL will only dispense with managers when we're deep in trouble and he feels they can't do anything to get us out of it.

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Two ways of looking at it...

Firstly, we are mid table. Exactly the number of points from the play offs as we are the relegation zone. Give LJ until Xmas and see where we are then. Not like anyone coming into the club now will be able to sign players anyway.

or

Secondly, get rid now and give a new manger a good month or so to look at the players that are here so come January he will know exactly what he needs to bring in.

Given we have been through far worse in the previous two seasons in terms of league form I don’t see LJ going anywhere anytime soon.

Second! Get rid now he's had more than enough chances!yesterday was absolutely pathetic!

Give him the season, this squad won’t be relegated. If we don’t see real signs of improvement, we make a change in the summer and see who we can get. But there’s nothing to stop it ‘clicking’ again, and is going on a great run under LJ. If this happens, keep him. 

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Give him the season, this squad won’t be relegated. If we don’t see real signs of improvement, we make a change in the summer and see who we can get. But there’s nothing to stop it ‘clicking’ again, and is going on a great run under LJ. If this happens, keep him. 

Bold statement, seen many fans claim their team is too good to go down, only to be relegated.

Consider the damage to confidence it will do if the performances and results continue as they are.  A side bereft of confidence is only going to go one way.

Archived