IGNORED

Charlie Austin

Super

Ok here goes.....I thought the guy was certainly in the eyeline of the keeper, and there is a slowed down replay showing the keeper slightly pause, as he thinks the ball may be redirected. So offside to me. 

As for Austin, he, like Mark Hughes  also completely failed to mention the stonewall pen they got away with before that. 

He cares, granted, but watch how Eddy Jones reacted to a very borderline decision go against the England rugby team yesterday, which probably cost them victory against the best team in the world. Chalk and cheese.

25 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Ok here goes.....I thought the guy was certainly in the eyeline of the keeper, and there is a slowed down replay showing the keeper slightly pause, as he thinks the ball may be redirected. So offside to me. 

As for Austin, he, like Mark Hughes  also completely failed to mention the stonewall pen they got away with before that. 

He cares, granted, but watch how Eddy Jones reacted to a very borderline decision go against the England rugby team yesterday, which probably cost them victory against the best team in the world. Chalk and cheese.

No way was he in the line of the keeper.

55 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Not directly but enough to make him a factor the keeper had to take into account before deciding which way to dive. IMHO.

The keeper has to cover the shot. If it deflects off the attacker it then becomes offside. Keepers don't have time to think so it's mainly just instinctive. Goal should have stood for me.

Was a great interview from him and good to see him just say it how it was instead of all this repeated namby pamby crap, he was still angry and rightly so, the worst thing about it is he’ll get a huge fine and maybe even suspended from the ridiculous FA. He should be applauded.

17 minutes ago, City exile 79 said:

To me there is such a fine line with the rules at the minute. You could argue all day over the decisions. I think it should go back to how it was anyone offside gets flagged. Unless led on floor injured 

Your spot on there mate, although in this incident how the linesman could see from his position and say that Yoshida got a touch on the ball is ridiculous.

Great interview - 

(A) people who say footballers don't care , should just watch that.

(B) you can see at the end, he just realises, oh **** gone to far.

(C) he probably will face a charge, which just shows how pointless interviews are. We complain there is no passion, then fine them when they show it. Is it any wonder they all act like sanitised robots?

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Dont have a problem with the gist of what he said but wrong timing in a game Watford had a very clear penalty not given which would have meant 10 men for Southampton

Difference is, ball hit the net in one of the decisions. The other could go either way. 

12 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

https://t.co/T2V2zVXdZO?amp=1

Something to cheer you all up. 

Brilliant!

While it was a refreshingly honest interview Charlie's plea that officials 'clearly need help' is pretty laughable considering how frequently players cheat. I cannot think of a single piece of legislation that would help referees as much as players stopping diving and whinging. I was staggered to hear Andy Walker say during the Celtic game yesterday after a Livi player was booked for an outrageous dive that he has 'absolutely no problem with a player trying to win a dubious free kick or penalty for his side'

3 hours ago, Neo said:

I watched 20 seconds and had to turn it off.

Granted he obviously cares but comes across like a schoolboy throwing his toys out the pram.

Pussy !!

I would have more respect for some of our players if they did an interview like this. Sadly our pathetic bunch just hide away.

21 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Spot on!

Sounded like a typical Warnock rant to me.

Moan about everything that goes against you, but fail to mention what you get away with.

32 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Spot on!

Moan about everything that goes against you, but fail to mention what you get away with.

Hughes did mention it.

On Watford's penalty claim: "It looked a penalty, and they got that wrong as well. Maybe that backs up my argument."

33 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Spot on!

Managers and players are often myopic post match. The adrenaline hasn’t returned to normal limits by the time they’re interviewed.

Colin used to be the worst but he’s calmed down a bit in recent years.

Interesting. It was a pen. No doubt!

the goal is 50/50. Some would give it others not. The ball shot past Austin’s head he got out of the way of it the ball went in. 

Some would give it some not. It’s one of those things people will still argue about after replaying 10 times. Who would be a ref right?

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Interesting. It was a pen. No doubt!

the goal is 50/50. Some would give it others not. The ball shot past Austin’s head he got out of the way of it the ball went in. 

Some would give it some not. It’s one of those things people will still argue about after replaying 10 times. Who would be a ref right?

Wasn't the reason for disallowing though that he thought the player had touched it? The ref after admitted he got it wrong.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the refereeing decisions, and whether it's just Austin moaning, crying, throwing toys out of the pram, or whatever - it's still far more entertaining than watching the usual dire shite that gets spouted in post-match interviews. Like many, I dislike Colin Wakner with a passion. But football would be a duller place without him, as has been pointed out on this forum before.  

3 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Spot on!

How near would Austin have been to that penalty though? I'd assume he'd be about a third to a half of the pitch away. Would he have known it was a blatant penalty? 

2 hours ago, Super said:

Wasn't the reason for disallowing though that he thought the player had touched it? The ref after admitted he got it wrong.

Maybe. Still stand by what I say. It was one of those 3 out of 10 referees would have disallowed.  

Moral of the story is don't only have one player between you and the goal line and be in front of the goal when a shot is hit at goal. The officials will always have to make a decision and may not always go your way.

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

How near would Austin have been to that penalty though? I'd assume he'd be about a third to a half of the pitch away. Would he have known it was a blatant penalty? 

Maybe not.

However, I'd like anyone to tell me when they next here Austin, Warnock or any other player rant that a refereeing decision was that bad that they got three points that they shouldn't have.

I think I'll be waiting a long time.

Archived