IGNORED

Ive moved on now

Langford Red

Ive followed City 45 years now

Friends I've seen down there no longer go

I still have a City badge in my car window.

Im just fed up of following LJ instead of following City now

The players he has brought in, are very questionable

Famara and Weiman bought for goals. Both players have stated that they are not prolific goal scorers. yet  he spends a fortune on them, and expects them to get all the goals

Neither player did it at their old clubs

What does Mark Ashton bring to this club, apart from waist money!

I follow the result, but have no interest in following LJ. EXCUSES AFTER EXCUSES

Takes target men off, and put wingers on (Now no target man, just small stikers)

He plays 5 man defence at home! He is clueless

I don't think we will go down, but for the third season in a row. LJ has lost the team

The teams that are doing well in this division, keep the same team week in week out

All he wants to do is say. Players need a rest! And changes the team each week

SL is to friendly with the Johnsons. The club is far bigger than that

Sorry won't be attending again, until he is gone

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

People wanted a changed formation.

They got a changed formation and they complain.

Problem is, he changed to the wrong formation IMO.

4-3-3 would've been better- well I say 4-3-3, sort of like a 4-3-2-1, the '2' being wingers pushed fairly high and wide between the midfield and lone striker- enables quick transition into a bona fide 4-3-3 when in attack and when having to defend then positionally it protects both the midfield numerically and the full backs too.

Weimann or Taylor for the lone striker as they can press intensely when out of possession- so can the wide players in the '2' for a bit and if after a short period we still don't win possession back, we drop into that aforementioned 5.

31 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

I'm no LJ lover, but I wonder how many people said that 2 seasons ago during our long losing run, then were scrambling for Man Utd/Man City tickets?

As you say, BCFC are bigger and more important than whoever is in charge.

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They will continue to complain until

They get the exact manager they what playing the exact 11 player they want

in the exact formation they want

If everything on the pitch is spot on they will then start complaining about something else

Price of tickets - Not being able to stand - Dolman fan leaving to early etc etc

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Problem is, he changed to the wrong formation IMO.

4-3-3 would've been better- well I say 4-3-3, sort of like a 4-3-2-1, the '2' being wingers pushed fairly high and wide between the midfield and lone striker- enables quick transition into a bona fide 4-3-3 when in attack and when having to defend then positionally it protects both the midfield numerically and the full backs too.

Weimann or Taylor for the lone striker as they can press intensely when out of possession- so can the wide players in the '2' for a bit and if after a short period we still don't win possession back, we drop into that aforementioned 5.

With the greatest respect Mr P, I do think at times you are a bit overly fixated on the formation (I only say this because I've seen you banging this drum for a while now).

We will often line up in a 4-4-2 to start but change to various variations of '4 at the back' formations as the game goes on.

As far as LJs time goes this is a dated example, but also the clearest (though I forget what the exact formations were, the changes were obvious in the way we were playing). The Villa home game where we won 3-1.

1 down at HT I think, and things clearly not working as intended, so we switched things up a bit. Once we had started to get control of the game and their defensive frailties exposed we swapped again to expose them.

Then at 2-1 we switched again, and once more at 3-1.

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

With the greatest respect Mr P, I do think at times you are a bit overly fixated on the formation (I only say this because I've seen you banging this drum for a while now).

We will often line up in a 4-4-2 to start but change to various variations of '4 at the back' formations as the game goes on.

As far as LJs time goes this is a dated example, but also the clearest (though I forget what the exact formations were, the changes were obvious in the way we were playing). The Villa home game where we won 3-1.

1 down at HT I think, and things clearly not working as intended, so we switched things up a bit. Once we had started to get control of the game and their defensive frailties exposed we swapped again to expose them.

Sad thing is he is responsible for the players we now have and we can all see the quality n passion has gone down and this is worrying. Most of us before any game tend to say - ok - and that is all they are. An ok bunch lacking confidence is worrying.

2 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Sad thing is he is responsible for the players we now have and we can all see the quality n passion has gone down and this is worrying. Most of us before any game tend to say - ok - and that is all they are. An ok bunch lacking confidence is worrying.

In that respect it might help if our fans didn't cheer a player being subbed!

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's a fair point, I have banged the drum for a bit, but only because I think we've been getting it wrong for a while. Maybe shape instead of formation a bigger factor.

We can change in-game but it doesn't happen often enough really, by which I mean in-game tweaks as opposed to substitutions.

The belief I hold about the flexibility (or lack of with regards of 4-4-2) is my view that it's a bit dated- certainly in a traditional sense. For example, Watkins coming inside is a no, Eliasson maybe but not so much. Paterson? Play him as a bona fide full on 10, or not at all. O'Dowda the only main winger in the sense of attributes, comfort to come inside IMO. Brownhill too of course, but he's predominantly a CM

Maybe something like- and stick to it:

Brownhill Pack Walsh O'Dowda OR Da Silva

Paterson (if he was in form eh)??

Weimann OR Taylor

Problems with form but that shape would have flexibility I reckon.

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Famara and Weiman bought for goals. Both players have stated that they are not prolific goal scorers. yet  he spends a fortune on them, and expects them to get all the goals

I follow the result, but have no interest in following LJ. EXCUSES AFTER EXCUSES

Takes target men off, and put wingers on (Now no target man, just small stikers)

I don't think we will go down, but for the third season in a row. LJ has lost the team

The teams that are doing well in this division, keep the same team week in week out

Although it’s your money and I can see why you wouldn’t like Johnson. This team needs all the support possible and you paid for a season ticket therefore I will still want to go to every game I can go to this season.

50 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

As @Mr Popodopolous says, he picked the wrong one.  I’ve debated with Mr P before about too much thought about formations in what is a fluid game.

Against Sheffield Utd he changed to 532/352 to match-up their 532/352.

But PNE don’t play a “wingback” formation?  If he was gonna “match them up” he’d have gone 433 (or variant).  All that playing wingbacks did yesterday was expose us down the sides against a very nippy front 3.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As @Mr Popodopolous says, he picked the wrong one.  I’ve debated with Mr P before about too much thought about formations in what is a fluid game.

Against Sheffield Utd he changed to 532/352 to match-up their 532/352.

But PNE don’t play a “wingback” formation?  If he was gonna “match them up” he’d have gone 433 (or variant).  All that playing wingbacks did yesterday was expose us down the sides against a very nippy front 3.

I was being a bit flippant.

But, many people have been calling for a 3-5-2/5-3-2 lately, yet just a couple of years ago the same people were saying 3-5-2/5-3-2 would never work at this level (when SC refused to budge from it)

People suggest these 4-2-3-1 or variants, but when LJ was using that he was slated by the same people for "only playing 1 up front".

Saying LJ is a bit too rigid with 4-4-2 is perhaps a valid point, but many of the same people who criticise him for being rigid with his formation will criticise him for changing the formation and say "he should stick with his plan instead of worrying bout the other team"

I can recall a manager being praised on MOTD last season for setting up a 3-5-2/5-3-2 against a 4-3-3 last season, perhaps LJ had a similar thinking to what was used there- without knowing his thought process I can only speculate.

Though my initial comment was flippant, there is absolutely an element of "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" when it comes to these issues, he did evidently get things wrong yesterday though.

3 hours ago, swanker said:

I’ve got a season ticket so have to go. Must admit I’m at the point where I’m not really bothered if we lose? 

Cant see where the next win is going to come from and I do expect us to nose dive. Relegation scrap for sure!

The problem is that every so often we get a scrappy, lucky win and that gives LJ another month of safety. 

In a peverse way, for those who want a change of manager, it would almost be better if we kept losing until SL finally loses patience.

4 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Spot on!! I’ve got a season ticket and won’t be attending a game while he’s still at the gate. I don’t live too far from forest green and I’ll be attending a few games of theirs now. Been there a few times this season and it’s a really good crack. Had a season ticket for 10 seasons now and I’ll never buy one again. 

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

5 man defence, or 3-5-2?

Two very different things- how would you setup then- it's easy to criticise...

Having said that, the constant rotation seems unnecessary and counterproductive, tend to agree. Doubt he knows how to get the best out of what he has too.

This is really the point. There are any amount of boy genius on this forum talking about 352 532 442 4411 3511 etc. It is all 21st century bullshit bingo by many who have never actually played at any serious level or sit at home playing football manager (Never played it myself or any video game and have no idea how it works) then coming on here pretending insight...Its laughable and a great use of your ignore button as you don't have to read the pithy responses (read idiot) to sensible commentary. 

So. Here we go. I'll throw out a few things and see what people think is our best team with the players that currently have some form and what players will compliment them.

In form players right now

Webster (first name on sheet no matter whether you are a bullshit bingo player/video football manager anyone who thinks not dont bother anymore)

Brownhill (has been better but is not out of sorts and can shoot from dead ball)

Taylor (runs his heart out and niggles. He is pulled hacked kicked and generally abused by defenders that cant handle his style, thus winning us dead balls all over the attacking third. One of which Brownhill hit our only on target shot of the game after 82 minutes)

Walsh (Can only play in a three L M F A O. Only a bullshit bingo player would even say this. The boy like Taylor and Brownhill provides ENERGY. We lack this very basic attribute every god damn week)

Players not quite at the top of their game but are too good not to be in the team

Kalas (Class Act. anyone who thinks not please go back to football manager for the rest of the afternoon)

Weimann (Again a class act but has not received a ball to his feet or one that gives him the ability to roll a defender since August)

So how do you fit your form players in to a team and who are the best players to bring in around them? Also are Eisa and Hakeem anywhere near?

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

This is really the point. There are any amount of boy genius on this forum talking about 352 532 442 4411 3511 etc. It is all 21st century bullshit bingo by many who have never actually played at any serious level or sit at home playing football manager (Never played it myself or any video game and have no idea how it works) then coming on here pretending insight...Its laughable and a great use of your ignore button as you don't have to read the pithy responses (read idiot) to sensible commentary. 

So. Here we go. I'll throw out a few things and see what people think is our best team with the players that currently have some form and what players will compliment them.

In form players right now

Webster (first name on sheet no matter whether you are a bullshit bingo player/video football manager anyone who thinks not dont bother anymore)

Brownhill (has been better but is not out of sorts and can shoot from dead ball)

Taylor (runs his heart out and niggles. He is pulled hacked kicked and generally abused by defenders that cant handle his style, thus winning us dead balls all over the attacking third. One of which Brownhill hit our only on target shot of the game after 82 minutes)

Walsh (Can only play in a three L M F A O. Only a bullshit bingo player would even say this. The boy like Taylor and Brownhill provides ENERGY. We lack this very basic attribute every god damn week)

Players not quite at the top of their game but are too good not to be in the team

Kalas (Class Act. anyone who thinks not please go back to football manager for the rest of the afternoon)

Weimann (Again a class act but has not received a ball to his feet or one that gives him the ability to roll a defender since August)

So how do you fit your form players in to a team and who are the best players to bring in around them? Also are Eisa and Hakeem anywhere near?

I agree with this but would add Eliasson and Kelly/DaSilva to Weimann and Kalas in your second `section`

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

The problem is that every so often we get a scrappy, lucky win and that gives LJ another month of safety. 

In a peverse way, for those who want a change of manager, it would almost be better if we kept losing until SL finally loses patience.

Sometimes it does feel like that. Thing is you want your team to win, I really look forward to watching city play and yesterday was really poor. I’m not against Johnson, I don’t care who’s in charge as long as we’re doing Okay. 

Last season I was all for giving him time but I do think that his time is running out. It’s bleak at Ashton at the moment and I think Johnson will struggle to turn it aroun this time. 

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree with this but would add Eliasson and Kelly/DaSilva to Weimann and Kalas in your second `section`

OK RRH. At least you and I are cooking.

So I left Kelly and Desilva out of section two just to see what people thought as again I have seen some utter dross written on here about both.

The best game/s Kelly and Desilva have had are when they are both in the team. Kelly plays better with Desilva near him and Desilva looks dangerous and has a an out ball with Kelly playing. Yet apart from one start that I can remember.

So we have a basis of a team now built around.

Webster

Brownhill

Taylor 

Walsh

Kalas

Weimann

Desilva 

Kelly

Maaenpa in goal

who would you add to the 11 and 16 on what we currently know?

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I’ve a feeling we might well carry on losing. Problem is I don’t think SL will lose patience. Even if we go down I’ve a horrible feeling LJ will still be in charge and the atmosphere at Ashton Gate become increasingly toxic. 

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

OK RRH. At least you and I are cooking.

So I left Kelly and Desilva out of section two just to see what people thought as again I have seen some utter dross written on here about both.

The best game/s Kelly and Desilva have had are when they are both in the team. Kelly plays better with Desilva near him and Desilva looks dangerous and has a an out ball with Kelly playing. Yet apart from one start that I can remember.

So we have a basis of a team now built around.

Webster

Brownhill

Taylor 

Walsh

Kalas

Weimann

Desilva 

Kelly

Maaenpa in goal

It would have to be a 3-5-2 I think;

Maenpaaa

Kalas Webster Kelly

Eliasson Brownhill Walsh COD DaSilva

Taylor Weimann

At least we ought to create some chances but would need the wingbacks to be well on their game defensively.

Archived