IGNORED

Man city

glen humphries

Liverpool and Chelsea can forget about winning the league. However good they are City are a class above. 

They are one of the best teams in the world, if not the best. 

I think it's great that there is an English team playing such lovely football. 

None is going to get close to them for years to come as long as Pep stays.

United got lucky with the penalty but apart from that they wasn't in the game at all.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Liverpool and Chelsea can forget about winning the league. However good they are City are a class above. 

United got lucky with the penalty but apart from that they wasn't in the game at all.

Well, just about...

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

English team?

Owned by a middle Eastern country, Spanish Head Coach and the majority of players are not English or British.

*Cough* Inflated sponsorships *Cough*

Having said that, Pep takes them to a whole new level- wonderful to watch. Love game, hate the business etc.

Funny point- it was 3rd or 4th highest passes for goals in PL..44 according to that table. A certain team had 45. Who you ask? Van Gaal's Man Utd. Clearly Man City in a whole different ballpark but that stat interesting.

Really was a massive difference in class but you have to question the bizarre tactics from Mourinho if sitting off and let City do what they want and not bothering attacking was his choice! Commentator said at 2-1 United are looking for a set piece here. They are the new Stoke awful to watch.

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

English team?

Owned by a middle Eastern country, Spanish Head Coach and the majority of players are not English or British.

AHH this old arguement. They are an English club and play in the English league. 

The majority of players in every premier League side are not English or British. 

The simple cold hard truth is that England don't have players like David Silva or Dr Bruyne, if they did exist they would be playing for the likes of Man City. 

I quite like Man City, I like where they have come from, I like the fact they have a local fanbase, the reason the Etihad is empty for some games is because of the sheer amount of games fans have to fork out for due to their fanbase being a working class fanbase. 

The owners haven't just come in and brought all the best players in the world, they have transformed the club from top to bottom and have created world class facilities. 

Phil Foden will be the 1st to come through their system and in years to come there will be more like him and that can only be good for the national team.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

AHH this old arguement. They are an English club and play in the English league. 

The majority of players in every premier League side are not English or British. 

The simple cold hard truth is that England don't have players like David Silva or Dr Bruyne, if they did exist they would be playing for the likes of Man City. 

I quite like Man City, I like where they have come from, I like the fact they have a local fanbase, the reason the Etihad is empty for some games is because of the sheer amount of games fans have to fork out for due to their fanbase being a working class fanbase. 

The owners haven't just come in and brought all the best players in the world, they have transformed the club from top to bottom and have created world class facilities. 

Phil Foden will be the 1st to come through their system and in years to come there will be more like him and that can only be good for the national team.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek but not too easy to show that in a written forum. Agree very much about their fan base.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Brilliant on the pitch- full credit to Guardiola and their players...

Off it- fact you lapped up their doc says a lot. Some fascinating insight, but ultimately an exercise in PR and painting in the best possible light.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

'Brilliant on the pitch- full credit to Guardiola and their players...

Off it- are they such a likeable club?

They certainly a have a degree of a community centred spirit about them. Their Etihad campus  is used by local community groups and sports clubs not attached to Man City.

Their academy and training centre … Where do I start its accessibility is off the scale v Bristol City's accessibilty. Junior teams from Bristol have been invited to play there, coaches  invited to look (experience) the facilities and ask questions of coaches and sports science staff etc.

When I visited local schools were playing there, my sons team v Man Citys trialists side, disabilities teams and everything for those teams was subsidised - tea and coffee was 50p, unlimited fruit juice 50p, meals made from non gm ingredients (nothing fried) freshly prepared by chefs were £2 (yes £2 a meal). 

Maybe I am cheap but I really liked them. 

Archived