IGNORED

R.I.P. Kevin Jones

myol'man

So sad to be the one who posts this news.

Kevin Jones who was in charge of all match day staff at Ashton Gate passed away after a short illness over the weekend.

Kev was a great man to work for, who took his job and responsibility for the safety of all spectators very seriously, but also with a great sense of humour. 

He has worked at Ashton Gate, apart from a short break elsewhere, for over 20 years, carrying out the tasks which many of you would never be aware of, but which are crucial to the safe running of a major sporting venue.

He will be sadly missed by all who have worked with him.  ?

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

So sad to be the one who posts this news.

Kevin Jones who was in charge of all match day staff at Ashton Gate passed away after a short illness over the weekend.

Kev was a great man to work for, who took his job and responsibility for the safety of all spectators very seriously, but also with a great sense of humour. 

He has worked at Ashton Gate, apart from a short break elsewhere, for over 20 years, carrying out the tasks which many of you would never be aware of, but which are crucial to the safe running of a major sporting venue.

He will be sadly missed by all who have worked with him.  ?

Any funeral details would be much appreciated.

Kevin Jones is my Dad. His passing was sudden and totally unexpected. We are all completely heartbroken. He was a genuinely wonderful man with a heart of gold and a fantastic sense of humour and he will be thoroughly missed by everyone who knew him. 

Thank you so much for your kind words. He would be touched to know that he was so well thought of. He really loved working at the club.

No funeral arrangements have been made yet but as soon as we have information we shall let everyone know

14 hours ago, DaddysGirl said:

Kevin Jones is my Dad. His passing was sudden and totally unexpected. We are all completely heartbroken. He was a genuinely wonderful man with a heart of gold and a fantastic sense of humour and he will be thoroughly missed by everyone who knew him. 

Thank you so much for your kind words. He would be touched to know that he was so well thought of. He really loved working at the club.

No funeral arrangements have been made yet but as soon as we have information we shall let everyone know

Very, very sorry for your loss.  I think it is wonderful that you have joined here to add your message and some more details about your Dad.  Even though I don't recall him by name, like every other City fan who spends a fair bit of time at Ashton Gate, I bet we've all seen your Dad many times and spoken to him / nodded to him each week.   R.I.P to your father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

14 hours ago, DaddysGirl said:

Your dad was a fantastic bloke and will be sorely missed as part of the Ashton Gate experience. Be sure to put the funeral details up on here as soon as it's arranged.

Archived