IGNORED

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!!

phantom

• Admin

I don't know whether to laugh or get angry - he SERIOUSLY brought on a player because we have a SONG for him!!!

Lee Johnson has admitted he brought on Matty Taylor during Bristol City's defeat to Preston North End because fans have a song for him.

Post-match, Johnson admitted the move to bring Taylor on came as a way to try and kick-start the atmosphere among City fans.

He said: "I’m quite pleased we’re away now for a couple of games now because sometimes when you’re away you can create that cause but when you’re at home, you can feel like the atmosphere’s edgy. We’ve lost four or five players with a song!

"I’ll be honest, I put Matty Taylor on because I know they’ve got a song for him! It’s up to the players, of course, to get the fans going and we didn’t. That was part of it. We need to create an atmosphere with our intensity.

"And last year we sat off the game on the counter attack, we had a lot of speed on the counter-attack and this year it’s a bit of a different game where we have to build due to the strengths and weaknesses of our own team.

"That doesn’t mean you can’t run your hardest, you haven’t got to be quick to run your hardest. That’s the bit that hurts because I thought in transition, they were waiting for someone else to do."

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't know whether to laugh or get angry - he SERIOUSLY brought on a player because we have a SONG for him!!!

Lee Johnson has admitted he brought on Matty Taylor during Bristol City's defeat to Preston North End because fans have a song for him.

Post-match, Johnson admitted the move to bring Taylor on came as a way to try and kick-start the atmosphere among City fans.

He said: "I’m quite pleased we’re away now for a couple of games now because sometimes when you’re away you can create that cause but when you’re at home, you can feel like the atmosphere’s edgy. We’ve lost four or five players with a song!

"I’ll be honest, I put Matty Taylor on because I know they’ve got a song for him! It’s up to the players, of course, to get the fans going and we didn’t. That was part of it. We need to create an atmosphere with our intensity.

"And last year we sat off the game on the counter attack, we had a lot of speed on the counter-attack and this year it’s a bit of a different game where we have to build due to the strengths and weaknesses of our own team.

"That doesn’t mean you can’t run your hardest, you haven’t got to be quick to run your hardest. That’s the bit that hurts because I thought in transition, they were waiting for someone else to do."

Yeh but come on, it is a good song

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was perhaps a rather light thing to say in the situation but what he means is that the players need to step up and get noticed by the supporters.

We need talisman like Flinty was .

We need players who get the supporters on their feet, who create a bond with us.

The sad part of this is he subbed off another player who has a song and would probably have benefited from Elliason's crosses. 

Who hasn't signed these characters ? 

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Probably was a flippant comment, but a very strange thing to say given the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, swanker said:

A flippant remark after that performance, really?

Probably not the wisest move given the hysteria on here but what are we saying he’s not allowed to smile laugh or joke until we win a game?

1 hour ago, Big C said:

It was a flippant remark and if anyone seriously thinks he bought on Taylor because he has a song needs to have a serious look at themselves

2 hours ago, swanker said:

Tactical genius, I bet Preston didn’t see that one coming!

How do you know it was a flippant remark @Big C ?

You'd like to think it was, but under the tactical genius we have, who knows what goes through his mind

As mentioned above I'd have to question why he would say something so damn right ridiculous in an interview, can't he take his job seriously?

45 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

As mentioned above I'd have to question why he would say something so damn right ridiculous in an interview, can't he take his job seriously?

If I was his employer I’d have him in for that saying that. Flippant, I’d say it was inappropriate after not only that performance but the four previous. We’re a pushover and haven’t looked like scoring at home for ages. 

Im starting to turn on the bloke!

I think it was more a metaphor in that he hoped MT would spark a reaction, the fans would react, and then so would the other players. At least I hope it was.

But if you precede it by saying he lost 4/5 players because of a chant, then he has bigger problems!

Are the players “snowflakes”?

Or were they playing within themselves for fear of getting injured ahead of a little holiday away?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think it was more a metaphor in that he hoped MT would spark a reaction, the fans would react, and then so would the other players. At least I hope it was.

But if you precede it by saying he lost 4/5 players because of a chant, then he has bigger problems!

Are the players “snowflakes”?

Or were they playing within themselves for fear of getting injured ahead of a little holiday away?

Think he was referring to the fact that 4 /5 players who had left had their own chant so there was a lack of chants for the fans to sing, rather than a particular chant upset the 4/5 players. (I took it the second way at first!).

still totally inappropriate.

Archived