IGNORED

Bless ‘em

Red Derek

Found out from a work colleague this morning, straight after the final whistle on Saturday, entire squad packed their bags and off to Dubai for some “warm weather training”

After last seasons form post Dubai trip and the resent dross served up at Ashton Gate, surely a different approach would be appropriate.

Can anyone confirm if this is true and any other thoughts.

4 minutes ago, Red Derek said:

Found out from a work colleague this morning, straight after the final whistle on Saturday, entire squad packed their bags and off to Dubai for some “warm weather training”

After last seasons form post Dubai trip and the resent dross served up at Ashton Gate, surely a different approach would be appropriate.

Well it wouldn’t be the entire squad seeing some of them are on international duty!

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

What sort of season did Fam have last season?

Mixed , some good some bad

This season - awful

As a caller to RB said on Saturday " why is the ref allowing Famara to play the game with a trampoline under his shirt!"

He ain't a £5M striker......IMO

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here's hoping it has a more positive impact than the trip to Dubai earlier in the year had. Came back and we were utter dog shit.

I think that's more to do with the Head Coach though.....( who by the way is utter....................)

46 minutes ago, Red Derek said:

Yomping across Caithness and Sutherland would be more appropriate.

28 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I knew they were going Dubai, but I thought it was time off. 

I wasn't happy when I heard, but didn't consider that it may be for training. As others have said, hopefully works a bit better than it did earlier on in the year.

Could well be right. I was told players went straight to Dubai on Saturday! I presumed after last season it was a training trip!

If this is true and they have gone to Dubai, I think it's an absolute disgrace. I cannot believe that the senior management would allow this when the team has performed as badly over the recent times. This is just taking the p1ss when the supporters are paying their hard earned cash and putting up with this dross.

I have supported this club since 1965, obviously seen all the ups and downs over those years but when you consider how these plonkers are treated these days it beggars belief.

Apologies, rant over but I have never felt so hard done by by my club. SL for gods sake wake up and give your customers something to smile about.

I see the updates are on the Club Instagram

Pack went to pass the sun cream to one of the full backs but they’d already left and moved to the bar

So he threw it to Weimann but missed and it landed in the pool

Pack though Weimann was meant to be by the diving board but Weimann thought the plan was for him to stand near the steps 

Brownhill ran around the pool 3 times and then  threw his to Diedhiou but he misjudged it and it bounced off his shoulder at which point his head dropped and he trooped away

Lee got fed up after an hour of messing around  , checked the schedule on his laptop and told Elliasson and Pato to go and sort it out 

Elliason passed his to Pato who caught it but immediately had it taken off him by a seven year old 

Poor old Baker stubbed his toe on a sunbed and will be out for seven weeks

And Callum and Marley turned up at the airport but found Callum was only on standby and Marley wasnt even on the passenger list 

Don’t fear......It will all come right 

?️‍♀️

What's the point of warm weather or any weather training when the problem lies with those very same trainers.  

Personally I would send our trainers on a fortnight refresher course and employ for those two weeks a new team of trainers, we could borrow some of Bristol Rugby's fitness coaches, and hire some out of work football coaches beginning with Moyes and Wenger.  Pay whatever they ask. It would be money well spent because the players should be performing better than they are. COD, Da Silva, Kalas, Fammy, Pack, Brownhill for starters can, we know, play better than they currently are.

Babbacome Dave.I have supported this club since 1965, obviously seen all the ups and downs over those years but when you consider how these plonkers are treated these days it beggars belief.

This is the galling point as you point out overall performances are dross if they need a kick up the back side there is a interview on the Bristol Post with Richard Latham at the book launch of the Wembley freight Rover win, he is talking to David Moyes,Terry Cooper, Keith Waugh and Rob Newman. What a difference in attitude and work rate from the boardroom ,club staff on the pitch and off it and especially the references to the fans who all these years on still leave such an impression on all four especially after the Hereford Utd semi-final home 2nd leg win.

Wouldn't swap any of those memories from the old 1st Div ,Spurs league Cup Semi-final ect days

3 hours ago, Red Derek said:

We're 20 odd million in debt as well mind......

Archived