IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly - England Under 21's!

Purple-n-Lime

Wish he’d play CB for us. I’d go full time Kelly and Webster there. Recruit a LB in January to bed in for next season and Dasilva for now. Kalas unlucky but oh well look after our own. Won’t happen but what I would do. 

Great for Lloyd. This is his next step to imo stardom. 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wish he’d play CB for us. I’d go full time Kelly and Webster there. Recruit a LB in January to bed in for next season and Dasilva for now. Kalas unlucky but oh well look after our own. Won’t happen but what I would do. 

Great for Lloyd. This is his next step to imo stardom. 

Should play Kalas RB and drop the useless Hunt. 

10 minutes ago, Judda said:

Great news for the lad. Still not sure why he isn't starting automatically every game. I could understand resting him for a game after internationals maybe but hasn't he been on the bench for 3 games now?!??

:facepalm:

It is very very strange isn’t it as to why a player who we can all see is up and coming and has all the tools for a career at the top, including training with the full England squad and now in the under 21s on his own merit has suddenly been completely shunned. Very very strange indeed.  

28 minutes ago, lenred said:

It is very very strange isn’t it as to why a player who we can all see is up and coming and has all the tools for a career at the top, including training with the full England squad and now in the under 21s on his own merit has suddenly been completely shunned. Very very strange indeed.  

Maybe because Johnson doesn’t think there is a song for him? ?

10 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

He will go to a bigger club at the end of the season when he should be a regular for us.

I hope that he will stick around given the faith that has, somewhat, been shown in him this season. His non selection lately has been puzzling. 

So we now have both Lloydy and Callum both selected as good enough to represent their respective countries but can't get in their domestic side..... Another Johnson puzzler! 

It’s almost like we are treating Lloyd and Callum too carefully lately? Burnt out CoD last season and afraid to do so this time, so not using him hardly at all. Lloyd may have needed to sit out one game but baffling he can’t get back in the team now. Perhaps we are obliged to play our loanees. I know Chelsea had a heafty agreement in place when we had Tammy but the way DaSilva was introduced gradually I didn’t think it was the same, and Kalas was of course injured so difficult to tell if he ‘has’ to play.

12 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Should play Kalas RB and drop the useless Hunt. 

I agree with that, not because I consider Hunt to be useless. Rather that I'm old fashioned and believe that centre halves and full backs are first and foremost, DEFENDERS.

We could do it in January. Recall Vyner and Pring from loans and play a back four of Vyner, Webster, Kelly and Pring.

I know I'm dreaming but that is all that's left now. Oh for Gerry Sweeney and Mike Thresher at full back, crunching tackles, last second deflections and needing oxygen if they went past the half way line.

38 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I agree with that, not because I consider Hunt to be useless. Rather that I'm old fashioned and believe that centre halves and full backs are first and foremost, DEFENDERS.

We could do it in January. Recall Vyner and Pring from loans and play a back four of Vyner, Webster, Kelly and Pring.

I know I'm dreaming but that is all that's left now. Oh for Gerry Sweeney and Mike Thresher at full back, crunching tackles, last second deflections and needing oxygen if they went past the half way line.

I would have had Vyner playing RB for us anyway. He swears he is a CB and probably could be a good one. Always felt his ceiling was higher as a RB. His agility and acceleration help him keep up with quick wingers whereas he is a bit smallish for CB imo. Hunt isn’t useless but he does switch off at key moments and theg usually cost us atleast a scare on goal if not more

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Have you ever watched pring play? Winger converted to full back.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Exactly why we are missing Bailey Wright big time

53 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Have you ever watched pring play? Winger converted to full back.

Yes I have at least half a dozen times and thanks for the info as I did not know that. He has struck me as a solid defender who can go forward rather than a winger playing defensively.

The point I was making is that we have the players on our books, in my opinion, to give us a young back four , who will make mistakes, but who are good enough to become very good defenders. Also that I prefer back four players as defenders rather than attacking all the time and leaving gaping holes in defence. That is not the players fault. It's "guess who" is deciding that is how we play. Football is a very simple game. If you don't concede, you cannot lose. Brian Clough, Shankly and Ferguson all made that the starting point. All the great teams of the past and present, have very well known attackers like Best, Di Stefano and so on, but they all had rock solid defenders who gave very little away. Few remember those names, but they were the base for the flair players to flourish.

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I would have had Vyner playing RB for us anyway. He swears he is a CB and probably could be a good one. Always felt his ceiling was higher as a RB. His agility and acceleration help him keep up with quick wingers whereas he is a bit smallish for CB imo. Hunt isn’t useless but he does switch off at key moments and theg usually cost us atleast a scare on goal if not more

Totally agree. What I've seen from Hunt so far hasn't been inspiring and i'm not sure he has that much 'championship nous' over Vyner really.

Vyner is now doing well at Rotherham and so could easily have been doing the same for us. 

Archived