IGNORED

Leeds fan in peace 2

Cjay

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Barnes is from Leicester mate but take your point, class act, pretty annoying because its since been reported he was nearly ours, came to the ground, picked a shirt, changed his mind at the last minute to stay closer to his mother :grr:

I havent watched you this season i have to say, i dont know if you have been on sky, presumably you have but i just didnt see it. You lost so many important players last summer that its not really a surprise it hasnt clicked straight away is it? 

I always liked the look of Diedhiou, Nathan Baker, Tomas Kalas, Josh Brownhill, Jamie Paterson, Andi Wiemann, and you signed that highly rated guy from the lower leagues with the funny name, cant remember it, hows he done? 

Don't know where i got Man U from ? Player you mean is Hakeeb Adeola Jerome Abiola Ayinde Adelakun came from Scunny Utd not featured as they can't get his name on the shirt so its been said that he is injured since being signed rumoured to have been sighted on the subs bench recently.

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

Wonder why that is.

PLayers, manager, both. 

I have to conclude it is the manager. He was the same at Barnsley, at one stage lost loads on the trot and then they won loads of consecutive games which got them promotion. He is a peaks and troughs manager. The same is occurring this season.

19 hours ago, Cjay said:

Barnes is from Leicester mate but take your point, class act, pretty annoying because its since been reported he was nearly ours, came to the ground, picked a shirt, changed his mind at the last minute to stay closer to his mother :grr:

I havent watched you this season i have to say, i dont know if you have been on sky, presumably you have but i just didnt see it. You lost so many important players last summer that its not really a surprise it hasnt clicked straight away is it? 

I always liked the look of Diedhiou, Nathan Baker, Tomas Kalas, Josh Brownhill, Jamie Paterson, Andi Wiemann, and you signed that highly rated guy from the lower leagues with the funny name, cant remember it, hows he done? 

Hakeeb Adelakon from Scunny. To be fair he hasn't been on the losing side yet, so there's hope yet.

7 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Hakeeb Adelakon from Sunny. To be fair he hasn't been on the losing side yet, so there's hope yet.

I just realised I haven’t got a clue how to pronounce his name, can anyone help? A-Dee -lack-on? A-Dee Lake -on or is it Add-Dee or even Adelle-a-con?

I hope Downsie is working on it too as he made a right mess of Pearson on Saturday (Pear-Son).

22 hours ago, Cjay said:

Surely they will attempt to play however they did last season? a playing style shouldnt change to much surely. 

lot of new players since last season. a playing style is just that isn't it? it can change if its just a style. City have styles. Posters on here are saying they do not know what the team will be or how it will play. Well we cant as the team is going through styles and formations and team selection week to week. If the team really had an identity we could be saying the team will play this way it might be poor good or great but still know what was being attempted, so no its no surely they will attempt to play like last season!

22 hours ago, Cjay said:

Surely they will attempt to play however they did last season? a playing style shouldnt change to much surely. 

That's what we thought before the season began.  Most fans we're under the asumption that that we would add more depth to the squad and bring it more players suited to how we want to play ie high pressing possession based football, at times last season we were a joy to watch, it really looked like the way forward and we finally had an identity.

It's been completely abandoned this season, he's taken an entirely different approach, literally just torn the book up and started again. None of us can explain why he didn't carry on from where he left off last season, stupid decision that could cost him his job.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I would love it if just for once an opposing fan came on here declaring themselves to be

' antagonistic troll looking for Bantz ' 

Not the case with CJ by the way .

Cuddly Leeds fan , how times change .

They are now all on holiday in Barnsley

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 14:10, Cjay said:

Hello again ?

I hate international breaks, so thought id just do this now to fill some time ?

Same as last season (if anyone remembers) post  on here a few questions then post this  on our forum for anyone who is interested etc etc. 

I know Leeds aren't to popular here, although we love you remember, a vote said that or something somewhere so be kind please  ?:bounce:

Just thoughts on the usual stuff, squad, signings, manager, start to the season, how you see your season going and finally how you see the game going on the 24th. ?

No hurry, realise its kind of early ?

Any replies (friendly or not) greatly appreciated  :yes:

Question Mr Cjay - is it an easy walk from ground to train station easy to follow in the dark ? 

As for the game as others have said Johnson is at yet another crossroads, on the positive he might unleash some rough diamonds like Adelakun and Eisa and the players have nothing to lose, if there still playing for him that is ...City outstanding at WBA and impressive against Stoke so its no gimme maybe ....but I would fancy you to sneak it 2-1.

2 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

Question Mr Cjay - is it an easy walk from ground to train station easy to follow in the dark ? 

As for the game as others have said Johnson is at yet another crossroads, on the positive he might unleash some rough diamonds like Adelakun and Eisa and the players have nothing to lose, if there still playing for him that is ...City outstanding at WBA and impressive against Stoke so its no gimme maybe ....but I would fancy you to sneak it 2-1.

If I might answer that...

It's a couple of miles through a less than lovely part of Holbeck. Far better to get the Special from Sovereign Street which is £3 and takes about 10-15 minutes to get there. You'll be at the back of the queue coming back given where City fans are located, and of course it would eb wise not to advertise colours etc too much just in case a knobhead or two get ideas. The bus will be lively but it's good humoured (before the game ?).

On 14/11/2018 at 16:10, Bristol is red said:

No he didn't get sacked but from what was going round at the time, he was very close to it considering he broke our losing streak record.  

Another poor run could well be the straw that breaks the camals back.  He doesn't have the same backing now from alot of fans then he had during that bad period.  I'd expect a much bigger uproar if it were to happen again and I'd imagine he was told in no uncertain terms to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I think we all want nothing more than an up-turn in results and performances but quite alot are struggling to see that happen.

Has it reached the point where you are a bit numb to bad results?

That was the final straw for Heckingbottom for me, i didnt want him anyway but still cared and hoped he did well, but by the end i was past caring, sort of "oh well we lost again, whats for tea". 

On 14/11/2018 at 16:20, Ska Junkie said:

They are showing signs of improving under Lambert, we are getting progressively worse under Johnson.

At ANY other club, he would have been long gone in all honesty. 

Fair point.

Then who would you want, if Johnson went which manager would you like? (reasonably) :laugh: 

On 14/11/2018 at 17:21, grove park city said:

Don't know where i got Man U from ? Player you mean is Hakeeb Adeola Jerome Abiola Ayinde Adelakun came from Scunny Utd not featured as they can't get his name on the shirt so its been said that he is injured since being signed rumoured to have been sighted on the subs bench recently.

Big lad isnt he, if he was on the sub bench it wouldnt be hard to see him. 

On 14/11/2018 at 19:20, handsofclay said:

I have to conclude it is the manager. He was the same at Barnsley, at one stage lost loads on the trot and then they won loads of consecutive games which got them promotion. He is a peaks and troughs manager. The same is occurring this season.

I thought SoggyBottom got them promoted.

Although some Barnsley fans argue it was his squad, id rather have had Johnson then Hecky thats for sure. 

On 15/11/2018 at 11:15, Major Isewater said:

I would love it if just for once an opposing fan came on here declaring themselves to be

More or less what that occasionally appearing Cardiff melt does?

On 15/11/2018 at 11:15, Major Isewater said:

Very cuddly club :banana:

On 15/11/2018 at 12:56, Trueredsupporte said:

lot of new players since last season. a playing style is just that isn't it? it can change if its just a style. City have styles. Posters on here are saying they do not know what the team will be or how it will play. Well we cant as the team is going through styles and formations and team selection week to week. If the team really had an identity we could be saying the team will play this way it might be poor good or great but still know what was being attempted, so no its no surely they will attempt to play like last season!

An identity, thats what i should have said, good managers have an identity as coaches, something that defines there teams.

Warnock, Pulis, Pep etc all have that clear identity.

Been a manager for a good few years now Johnson, odd he hasnt found one. 

On 15/11/2018 at 13:24, Bristol is red said:

That's what we thought before the season began.  Most fans we're under the asumption that that we would add more depth to the squad and bring it more players suited to how we want to play ie high pressing possession based football, at times last season we were a joy to watch, it really looked like the way forward and we finally had an identity.

It's been completely abandoned this season, he's taken an entirely different approach, literally just torn the book up and started again. None of us can explain why he didn't carry on from where he left off last season, stupid decision that could cost him his job.

Sign of a manager who isnt sure of himself? 

Not sure of his squad? 

I dunno. 

3 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I see @SR1 answered this better then i could, but i asked on our forum and someone answered to so i will paste what they said to.

tell the lovely Bristol City fan just to follow the crowd along elland rd up the hill past macdonalds over the motorway bridge into holbeck across the park and keep on following straight on over the canal bridge under the viaduct up the wooden stairs on your left and eh presto you at the station . you cant go wrong but its absolute agony :) 

also tell him if we lose get a dam taxi ....otherwise he might get a severe beating in holbeck or worse still thrown in the canal.

He hasnt much to lose Johnson now, maybe throwing in the rough diamonds is the way forward. 

4 minutes ago, Cjay said:

An identity, thats what i should have said, good managers have an identity as coaches, something that defines there teams.

Warnock, Pulis, Pep etc all have that clear identity.

Been a manager for a good few years now Johnson, odd he hasnt found one. 

His identity incorporates winning streaks followed by worrying longer losing streaks . 

Saying one thing and doing another .

Trying to be clever when he's no footballing Einstein. 

20 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Hi Cjay

What's the chances of getting a ticket for the game on the day for away fans? Don't live In Bristol  now and work away on ships so no chance  of getting a ticket before the game. 

Thanks 

Not sure mate, thought i read somewhere it was sold out. 

Used to be able to get tickets in the home end on matchday, if you dont mind sitting with the home fans may be some available, usually is some. For away i guess it depends on if you sold your allocation which i dont know. 

Maybe give the ticket office a call? cant hurt. 

Just been on your website, 344 tickets still available apparently, not many, may be pushing it to hope they dont sell in a week. 

Thanks mate. Will see what I can do. No probs  going in home ends. Don't wear colours and anyway I know I won't be celebrating  a city goal anyway. Polite  applause if/when  you lot score.

44 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Not sure mate, thought i read somewhere it was sold out. 

Used to be able to get tickets in the home end on matchday, if you dont mind sitting with the home fans may be some available, usually is some. For away i guess it depends on if you sold your allocation which i dont know. 

Maybe give the ticket office a call? cant hurt. 

Just been on your website, 344 tickets still available apparently, not many, may be pushing it to hope they dont sell in a week. 

Hi Cjay

What's the chances of getting a ticket for the game on the day for away fans? Don't live In Bristol  now and work away on ships so no chance  of getting a ticket before the game. 

Thanks 

Good evening @Cjay . As I'm married to a Leeds Utd fan, I often feel I have a good insight into what being a Leeds fan is all about. My missus will love this thread, as she always asks whether we're talking about Leeds on this forum!

Anyway... a couple of lads from round our way are currently in the youth set-up at Leeds as keepers, so continuing to watch their progress. Harrison Male, on-loan at Tadcaster, if you've heard of him? 

Archived