IGNORED

Leeds fan in peace 2

Cjay

I think all of us expect a defeat (any other result would be very welcomed but very surprising), it's the manner of the defeat that we are all concerned about.  If we manage a Stoke style performance where we really battled till the end we will all take some positivity from it that we may still have some fight in the team, however another Preston type performance will be totally unacceptable and will turn even more against LJ. I'd imagine our owner will start asking some difficult questions of our manager if the latter were to happen.

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

@Cjay, we've found a new, unique high tech team selection tool and we play players because the fans 'have a song for them'. How can we lose? :facepalm:

Related image

?

I really thought the "player because of a song" thing was some sort of in joke.

But ive seen that it was a genuine reason your manager used for a sub, its different. 

3 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

You just as well tell your goalkeepers to take another week off because they wont be needed. Its painful watching us try and make chances at the moment.

Thats fortunate.

Because if you have a shot on target there is a decent chance it will go in.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Cjay.

Of course your fellow fans love Bristol City. We normally donate three points to your collecting bucket every time we visit Elland Road.

The only good things I remember about our contact with Leeds are:

Tommy Burden, John Shaw, Jimmy Mann, Norman Hunter and a cold February afternoon in 1973 when we turned the football world upside down for a couple of hours.

Finally a mention of one of my idols as a young boy. A great player and apparently, an even greater man. John Charles.

Ah John Charles, wonder what he'd be worth today if he was in his prime.

3 hours ago, Cjay said:

As mentioned earlier WBA fans were absolutely convinced they would get battered, there forum was full of people predicting 3, 4 even 5 goal defeats, anything can happen and im not remotely confident. 

Yes, despite our dire performances against  Reading and Preston in our last two games, we do tend to lift ourselves the better our opponents are. A couple of seasons ago we were going through a bad patch and then had to face top of the table Newcastle at their place. We were 2-0 up by halftime. Although Newcastle fought back to obtain a draw everyone was gobsmacked as 99.99% of us thought we were destined to be taken to the cleaners. 

For several seasons now we have got so used to playing well for a few games only to then play dreadfully for the following few, or playing brilliantly for a couple of months to be followed by months of utter dross that when we are in the midst of bad performances we are resigned to more of the same.

15 hours ago, Cjay said:

Hello again ?

I hate international breaks, so thought id just do this now to fill some time ?

Same as last season (if anyone remembers) post  on here a few questions then post this  on our forum for anyone who is interested etc etc. 

I know Leeds aren't to popular here, although we love you remember, a vote said that or something somewhere so be kind please  ?:bounce:

Just thoughts on the usual stuff, squad, signings, manager, start to the season, how you see your season going and finally how you see the game going on the 24th. ?

No hurry, realise its kind of early ?

Any replies (friendly or not) greatly appreciated  :yes:

TBF during International breaks our form is up there with the best :whistle:

I don't mind Leeds, loved the Revie side, we ended up with 2 of them and Cooper is my all time favourite manager. Add to that Super Bob Taylor.

Signings?       Depends, overall not great far too much money wasted. Recently a little better and Webster looks a good signing.
Manager ?     Just have a look at some of the headings of the posts. Don't think too many would lose sleep if he left tomorrow.
Season ?       It's going the way of the last 2 , glimpses of decent form followed by periods of capitulation . 
The game?    Can only see you winning, at best a dogged, boring point each.

20 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

this isn't WBA, this is Bristol City. If there were such a thing as re-incarnation knowing our luck we would still come back as ourselves. 

Hello Mr Trotter:clapping:

20 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's 2 we haven't even looked close to getting Cjay. You won't have to break sweat. If there's a poorer side than our current rabble in this league, I'm yet to see them.

We are absolutely woeful.

Ipswich?

20 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Your fault for playing a joke of a goalkeeper

We are doing it again . . . . . . .

20 hours ago, RedM said:

Don’t worry, we are generous at the moment, I’d love a draw at your place right now. :dunno:

You very well might get one. 

19 hours ago, RedM said:

Others will sum up better for you, but in a few words people aren’t upset we are losing, but the manner in which we are. No passion, commitment or fight and drifting aimlessly at the moment I think is the general feeling.

Ah yes, felt the same under Soggybottom, could accept losing, couldnt accept losing with such ease. 

19 hours ago, screech said:

It's the easiest three points you will collect all season. We have such a crap strike force that the Sunday league side The Dog and Duck would not take them off us when offered.

The next time you are in town and see one of those street art statues, hold out a pen and get yourself an autograph, it's most likely our record signing Diedhou.

Thought he was pretty decent whenever ive seen him tbf, is he not prone to much movement then? 

19 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well, we do have a funny habit of lifting our game when meeting decent sides, but losing to...dross!

That said, I still can't see it. Home win to Leeds on the coupon.

If I were back up there, I'd go and drown my sorrows with a few pints of Teley Imperial (do they still brew that?) at the Hyde Park pub.

Not from Leeds but i think they do, just not in Leeds anymore. 

19 hours ago, Chappers said:

You just never know with City, last 2 games have not been good, but at times this season we have upped our game well. As you can spot, a lot of negativity, partly justified. The 3 centre backs was wrong for a home game, but might work at Leeds, although it reduced our attacking threat to nil. We are very workmanlike, but lack that bit of class and any pace, unless he swallows pride and picks O’Dowda. Who knows though, it’s the unpredictable Championship, out of form, not a good record at Leeds, so you’d expect a home win, but things don’t go to form or logic.

We really could be a good game for you, form has been on a slide for a while, the WBA performance was pathetic, we are missing key players in defence, Ayling, Berardi and possibly Jansson and we have a young gk who seems to be crumbling before our eyes. If you can take an early lead, and many teams do we are quite high for most goals conceded early then you have every chance. 

19 hours ago, grove park city said:

Its comparing the 2 sides Leeds Utd play with a flair they break quickly with players who can control the ball make movements to create time and space and can actually pass the ball to a team mate's feet without hoofing it to one isolated out of form disinterested 5 million quid forward, i went to City's  away match at West Brom enjoyed the match their Man U loanee Barnes tore us apart and forced mistakes Leeds Utd have the players to do the same keep it simple work as a team use the skills of Roofe, Saiz, Alioski and you will coast home plus Barry Douglas is a gem of a player. 

Barnes is from Leicester mate but take your point, class act, pretty annoying because its since been reported he was nearly ours, came to the ground, picked a shirt, changed his mind at the last minute to stay closer to his mother :grr:

I havent watched you this season i have to say, i dont know if you have been on sky, presumably you have but i just didnt see it. You lost so many important players last summer that its not really a surprise it hasnt clicked straight away is it? 

I always liked the look of Diedhiou, Nathan Baker, Tomas Kalas, Josh Brownhill, Jamie Paterson, Andi Wiemann, and you signed that highly rated guy from the lower leagues with the funny name, cant remember it, hows he done? 

19 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Still fear a thrashing and feel one is the post soon for City. You don't know what your doing could be we don't know what your doing. Doubt if one Bristol City fan can tell you our team line up or how they will attempt to play.  

Surely they will attempt to play however they did last season? a playing style shouldnt change to much surely. 

18 hours ago, Bristol is red said:

I think all of us expect a defeat (any other result would be very welcomed but very surprising), it's the manner of the defeat that we are all concerned about.  If we manage a Stoke style performance where we really battled till the end we will all take some positivity from it that we may still have some fight in the team, however another Preston type performance will be totally unacceptable and will turn even more against LJ. I'd imagine our owner will start asking some difficult questions of our manager if the latter were to happen.

DIdnt you have a much worse run before a few seasons ago and he didnt sack him? seem to remember being told that by someone here before when TC was under pressure. 

17 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It's a nod to the Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin , a quirky comedy of the seventies starring Leonard Rossiter.

It was probably before your time but Reggies boss was a bore whose catch phrase was " I didn't get to where I am today by ... " 

His name CJ . 

There you go .

Ah right yes.

We had this conversation before. 

17 hours ago, italian dave said:

@Cjay a question....you've got an impressive track record of panicking and hitting the 'manager out' button every time you drop below a play off place. How do you rate it as a strategy? As you'll have gathered, it's an approach some of our fans favour! 

Well the way we have done it is totally stupid clearly ?

But then again Lee Johnson has been your boss for 2 years and 9 months ( i checked i didnt know this im not that good) , think the last manager who had a similar time with us would be Simon Grayson, and we have had 11 different managers in the 6 years since, thats not the way to do it. 

Managers need time, but once a manager starts to lose the fanbase thats usually near the end. 

Maybe Lee Johnson has gone as far as he can, taken you as far as he can, maybe he isnt good enough to get you to the next level, or maybe the owner wont give the manager the tools to get to the next level, cant be easy losing so many important players in the summer and spending such a small amount on replacements. 

I dont know :laugh:, but clearly the fans need a lift from somewhere, maybe the players do to and maybe that is where a new manager could do it?  Slav Jokanovic hasnt got a job now 

17 hours ago, MrBibs said:

Cjay,

I don't think you understand just how big an 'If' that is.

Well if Lee Johnson watched us against WBA and he doesnt say "lads cross the ball as much as you can and shoot from any half decent opportunity" then id be amazed. 

16 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Yes, despite our dire performances against  Reading and Preston in our last two games, we do tend to lift ourselves the better our opponents are. A couple of seasons ago we were going through a bad patch and then had to face top of the table Newcastle at their place. We were 2-0 up by halftime. Although Newcastle fought back to obtain a draw everyone was gobsmacked as 99.99% of us thought we were destined to be taken to the cleaners. 

For several seasons now we have got so used to playing well for a few games only to then play dreadfully for the following few, or playing brilliantly for a couple of months to be followed by months of utter dross that when we are in the midst of bad performances we are resigned to more of the same.

Wonder why that is.

PLayers, manager, both. 

16 minutes ago, Cjay said:

act, pretty annoyging because its since been reported he was nearly ours, came to the ground, picked a shit, changed his mind at the last minute to stay closer to his mother 

Really????   ??????????.   

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

TBF during International breaks our form is up there with the best :whistle:

I don't mind Leeds, loved the Revie side, we ended up with 2 of them and Cooper is my all time favourite manager. Add to that Super Bob Taylor.

Signings?       Depends, overall not great far too much money wasted. Recently a little better and Webster looks a good signing.
Manager ?     Just have a look at some of the headings of the posts. Don't think too many would lose sleep if he left tomorrow.
Season ?       It's going the way of the last 2 , glimpses of decent form followed by periods of capitulation . 
The game?    Can only see you winning, at best a dogged, boring point each.

Yes the great Revie side (well before my time but ive heard the stories). Had to google Bob Taylor i have to say, id never heard of him and had no idea he played for us, although once i googled him a vaguely remember him from at WBA. 

Thanks for the response. 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

DIdnt you have a much worse run before a few seasons ago and he didnt sack him? seem to remember being told that by someone here before when TC was under pressure. 

No he didn't get sacked but from what was going round at the time, he was very close to it considering he broke our losing streak record.  

Another poor run could well be the straw that breaks the camals back.  He doesn't have the same backing now from alot of fans then he had during that bad period.  I'd expect a much bigger uproar if it were to happen again and I'd imagine he was told in no uncertain terms to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I think we all want nothing more than an up-turn in results and performances but quite alot are struggling to see that happen.

Archived