IGNORED

Fulham

MC RISK77

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just appointed Ranieri...I didn’t even know jokanovic had been sacked?? Or were both announced at the same time.

still great to see Claudio back in English football a true gent.

Think both were announced at the same time.

I'm nowhere near as desperate for LJ to leave as some are on here but I still bloody well hope SL is sounding out Jokanovic as we speak...

7 minutes ago, barrington said:

Didn’t someone post the other day there was interest in him before LJ? ?

There was never any interest in anybody but LJ for Uncle Steve . Never was , never will be .

I blame the BBC article for pre-empting this sacking and me for starting a thread posing the question if any one would think that Jokanovic would be a good match for City. It obviously unsettled him and Fulham.

:disapointed2se:

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Think both were announced at the same time.

I'm nowhere near as desperate for LJ to leave as some are on here but I still bloody well hope SL is sounding out Jokanovic as we speak...

I think that's right regarding the announcement. Extremely harsh in my view. Does anyone know what the set up at Fulham is regarding the signing of players? If he didn't sign those players costing over £100 million then it's an utter disgrace he's been sacked. 

If he did, then its still harsh but it shows how cut throat the premier league has become. 

25 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I think that's right regarding the announcement. Extremely harsh in my view. Does anyone know what the set up at Fulham is regarding the signing of players? If he didn't sign those players costing over £100 million then it's an utter disgrace he's been sacked. 

If he did, then its still harsh but it shows how cut throat the premier league has become. 

You only have to look at Ranieri’s last employers to see how cut throat the Premier league has become..! 

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Even if there were a vacancy I’m sure he would be expecting calls from bigger clubs than us. 

Who? Certainly not a Premier League club after his record there this season. 

I'd love to see us be ruthless and appoint a manager with a proven record of getting teams promoted from the Championship at the expense of a manager who with all the will in the world is unlikely to ever get us there.

An ideal time to make a change as well, IMHO, instead of waiting for the inevitable shocking run of losses and fall into a relegation fight.

Will literally NEVER happen under SL mind.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'd love to see us be ruthless and appoint a manager with a proven record of getting teams promoted from the Championship at the expense of a manager who with all the will in the world is unlikely to ever get us there.

An ideal time to make a change as well, IMHO, instead of waiting for the inevitable shocking run of losses and fall into a relegation fight.

Agree with all of that kid. But people still remember the Coppell debacle. He was supposed to be the one who had pedigree of promotions and that went down the shit pan. Maybe its still in the back of SL's mind. Appreciate its been 8 years but that did put the club back quite a way. 

4 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Agree with all of that kid. But people still remember the Coppell debacle. He was supposed to be the one who had pedigree of promotions and that went down the shit pan. Maybe its still in the back of SL's mind. Appreciate its been 8 years but that did put the club back quite a way. 

Nah it didn't, the club was already a shit-shambles, he just didn't hang around to let the mess of a club that he was duped into joining put his reputation back a long way. 

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don’t disagree but even if we were willing to do that I believe he’d see us as an unattractive option and he’d wait until a bigger club needed a new manager. 

More than happy to be proved wrong!

19 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Nah it didn't, the club was already a shit-shambles, he just didn't hang around to let the mess of a club that he was duped into joining put his reputation back a long way. 

Forgive me, I may be accused of revisionism but from the Q&A that Mr L had the season we went down (2012/2013), he said that a lot of the financial issues the club had could be traced back to Coppell's decisions in the summer he signed for us. The board wanted to be supportive of the decisions that Coppell made from a financial capacity and agreed to breaking their wage structure to accommodate the signings of Hunt, Stewart & Cisse (James was a separate entity). They did not want to appoint him only to restrict him in what he could do, so they agreed it, much to the shock of the Board when they saw how much money these players were demanding. That then had a domino effect for all financial restraints and changes in the Financial laws that came in later.

We also lost Orr and Mccombe that summer, 2 defenders who would run through brick walls for you and had been here for many years. I dont think the club was a mess before Coppell took over (appreciate that is down to interpretation). We finished above mid table in the 09/10 season. Had it been a different manager we brought in that summer, they may have wanted to keep Orr and Mccombe and not disregard the club's finances the way Coppell did in the short time he was here and made better signings.

BTW, what was that can of worms? I never found that out.

12 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Forgive me, I may be accused of revisionism but from the Q&A that Mr L had the season we went down (2012/2013), he said that a lot of the financial issues the club had could be traced back to Coppell's decisions in the summer he signed for us. The board wanted to be supportive of the decisions that Coppell made from a financial capacity and agreed to breaking their wage structure to accommodate the signings of Hunt, Stewart & Cisse (James was a separate entity). They did not want to appoint him only to restrict him in what he could do, so they agreed it, much to the shock of the Board when they saw how much money these players were demanding. That then had a domino effect for all financial restraints and changes in the Financial laws that came in later.

We also lost Orr and Mccombe that summer, 2 defenders who would run through brick walls for you and had been here for many years. I dont think the club was a mess before Coppell took over (appreciate that is down to interpretation). We finished above mid table in the 09/10 season. Had it been a different manager we brought in that summer, they may have wanted to keep Orr and Mccombe and not disregard the club's finances the way Coppell did in the short time he was here and made better signings.

BTW, what was that can of worms? I never found that out.

I think none can be traced better to David James' obsence salary and vanity signing, which meant that the other players Coppell wanted we couldn't get, and he couldn't abide that the board made that decision over his head.

I don't dismiss that Coppell signed some crap, but then Hunt we know now had mental health issues for which he shouldn't be blamed and underlines his poor performances for us, Stewart - yeah, no excuse, he was fat; and Cisse I think was one of the classiest midfielders we had, but Millen had no clue how to utilise him. But Hunt came with good pedigree and could have replaced Orr, and Stewart could have been a no-nonsense dominant defender to replace McCombe. 

I think Coppell came in and saw a club run largely dictatorially and without consultation and as a vanity play thing for its owner. I think that has changed somewhat and SL has learned he needs outsiders help, but let's be clear, it still is much the same: at no other club would LJ have survived as he has here historically (no comment on now), and that's down to one man's dogmatism. Same man had no time for SCs antics which were highlighting what a mess the summer post-promotion was, fuelled by complacency and champagne cork popping upstairs I firmly believe.

And that's why I still think a big name would come here and want to walk out soon after. And I still think the club is a bit of a mess as its run from the heart and not the head. 

I know he did a fantastic job with Fulham last season.

But.....is his stock not slightly tainted here - given Fulham spent the third highest amount of any premier league club last summer (his players or not) that’s still a lot of new talent.

Yet they are bottom of the league with 1 win in 12 games and the worst goal difference in the division.

Clearly with that summer spending Fulham couldn’t afford to wait. 

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I know he did a fantastic job with Fulham last season.

But.....is his stock not slightly tainted here - given Fulham spent the third highest amount of any premier league club last summer (his players or not) that’s still a lot of new talent.

Yet they are bottom of the league with 1 win in 12 games and the worst goal difference in the division.

Clearly with that summer spending Fulham couldn’t afford to wait. 

If it wasn't , there would be absolutely no chance of him leaving Fulham of the Prem to join us.

I get the impression that , like Cotts did when he got us promoted, he was reluctant to change a winning formation and the team were too open against better quality sides.

He won't have to worry about wasting 100 million here so less pressure.

Every coach makes mistakes, some more than others , and if they're any good they will learn from them and improve.

Just reading the Fulham forum and this jumped out at me. If this doesn't 'fit' our ideals, I don't know what does.

Thank you Slav for entertaining us in the way you have, for helping bring on our youth and giving them time and taking us back to the promised land. For me your tenure has been one that brought a smile on my face and gave me so much enjoyment . Wherever you go next may you prosper - and I envy those supporters who will applaud you as you take your place in the dugout .

Thank you for in you I still trust !!!

Archived