IGNORED

Fans Forum

phantom

On 14/11/2018 at 13:21, Shtanley said:

Not coming home from London for it but would love if someone was to ask about the 15 breakaway clubs. What they think about it/if they were involved.

Don't agree. I would rather hear questions and answers about our present situation. We are playing without forwards, 9 man teams cannot win games.

I didn’t go but have some very brief minutes from someone who did :

- Lots of signings haven’t quite been what they expected. 

- Squad was tired after cup run. Hadn’t planned to make any signings in the January but had to rethink cuz of the tiredness. 

- LJ did a lot of ‘looking’ at Ashton when saying about having to sell Flint, Bryan & Reid. 

- Diedhiou was signed to play with Reid - felt they complimented each other and gave us a plan. With Reid sold they were looking for someone to fill that role but didn’t want to pay loads as they hope someone from academy will soon be able to step up. 

- Kelly is amazing and has interest from Man Utd (to which someone shouted - bloody play him then). 

- New training ground starting soon. 

- Jon Lansdown says the current badge doesn’t scream Bristol City. And neither does the Robin as other clubs have that. 

- Happy with academy and hopes to have at least 6 Bristolians in the first team in a few years. 

- There was free beer.  

- My mate said “that Ashton looks like a rogue trader to me - don’t like him”. 

Evening Fans! It's Bullshit Bingo time!

And here's your host with the most (bullshit...) Maaaaaarrrrkkk Ashton!!!

(Glamorous assistants tonight are Jamie Mac, Dean Holden and Lee Johnson and Jon Lansdown is your voice of the balls - ooh Matron!)

"Eyes down girls. This is for a full house (we never have that at AG)" 

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't suppose the current garbage football and the inept head coach's position were mentioned? As long as the new crest is okay eh! :no:

He had a bit of a grilling afterwards Ska

Fair play he stayed for a good hour or so afterwards chatting 

He’s promised a side at Leeds that will not repeat PNE and will ‘sprint and run’

I was amazed that he then revealed his side !

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He had a bit of a grilling afterwards Ska

Fair play he stayed for a good hour or so afterwards chatting 

He’s promised a side at Leeds that will not repeat PNE and will ‘sprint and run’

I was amazed that he then revealed his side !

You could win the £2 rollover!

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

You could win the £2 rollover!

Great shout Shtanley

I think one selection will cause debate

Mind you he will probably change it by Sat

Forget the actual hours forum - waste of time to a large degree

Afterwards , off mic is the interesting bit , as it was last time

The attendance was again pitiful

LJ commented he was dissapointed 

It must give the impression that the fans aren’t actually that interested 

Putting aside any criticisms or concerns and there are many , I think they are a positive thing and would be much better if more attended , and they were longer

Tbf to LJ ,DH and JM they all hang around afterwards as did MA and JL and were there to ask direct questions - that’s the real value

Lee certainly had a polite grilling

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Putting aside any criticisms or concerns and there are many , I think they are a positive thing and would be much better if more attended , and they were longer

Tbf to LJ ,DH and JM they all hang around afterwards as did MA and JL and were there to ask direct questions - that’s the real value

The impression is that the fans aren’t really interested in what LJ and co have to say. It’s gone beyond that now in many ways. 

The novelty of this ‘project’ is starting to wear off because of past failures.

Some might have seen and heard enough.

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great shout Shtanley

I'll wait for Saturday with anticipation. What was your reaction when he said it?

I remember talking to a Sheff U fan who said Wilder will always drink in the local pubs and is around fans.

I am envious of that, although I think LJ gets a fair amount of stick/hate I do feel like there should be more opportunities for him to "mingle" with fans. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

The impression is that the fans aren’t really interested in what LJ and co have to say. It’s gone beyond that now in many ways. 

The novelty of this ‘project’ is starting to wear off because of past failures.

Some might have seen and heard enough.

Not disputing that Lew 

Ive made it clear on my views 

It is extremely insightful to ask him direct questions and listen to others asking similar and gives a far better impression and information / answers to judge him on

He was asked some pretty direct questions and some were quite ‘open’ in their views 

I don’t know if Matt Withers posts on here but he asked some excellent questions about identity etc etc 

49 minutes ago, Harry said:

I didn’t go but have some very brief minutes from someone who did :

- Lots of signings haven’t quite been what they expected. 

- Squad was tired after cup run. Hadn’t planned to make any signings in the January but had to rethink cuz of the tiredness. 

- LJ did a lot of ‘looking’ at Ashton when saying about having to sell Flint, Bryan & Reid. 

- Diedhiou was signed to play with Reid - felt they complimented each other and gave us a plan. With Reid sold they were looking for someone to fill that role but didn’t want to pay loads as they hope someone from academy will soon be able to step up. 

- Kelly is amazing and has interest from Man Utd (to which someone shouted - bloody play him then). 

- New training ground starting soon. 

- Jon Lansdown says the current badge doesn’t scream Bristol City. And neither does the Robin as other clubs have that. 

- Happy with academy and hopes to have at least 6 Bristolians in the first team in a few years. 

- There was free beer.  

- My mate said “that Ashton looks like a rogue trader to me - don’t like him”. 

Well, get ready for Wallace and Gromit then. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was busy anyway, but there's no guarantee for how long it lasts. For me if I potentially have to spend more time in the car than at the event then it doesn't sound so appealing. If they could say before the event it will last approximately a minimum of ... amount of time then I think more people could be interested. Also how sanitised things have been media to fans wise I think people got the impression it may be more of a presentation that something open. I do think it could have been better presented to the fans before the event about what it would be. Seemingly we just got told this is happening at Ashton Gate at this time... be there. I think a facebook live or youtube stream could have been a great idea too for those who didn't want to travel, even if they turned it off before for a patch for the benefit of those in attendance to have the incentive then so be it but it still reaches the wider audience.

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great shout Shtanley

The one selection for debate Bob don't tell me PATTERSON

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'll wait for Saturday with anticipation. What was your reaction when he said it?

I remember talking to a Sheff U fan who said Wilder will always drink in the local pubs and is around fans.

I am envious of that, although I think LJ gets a fair amount of stick/hate I do feel like there should be more opportunities for him to "mingle" with fans. 

I’m not going to reveal a lot of what he said Shtanley as I don’t think it’s fair , 

My impression of him after listening to his answers amongst a small group and off mic ?

Totally committed , totally believes in himself , working under some obvious wishes of owner , nice enough guy but maybe unsurprisingly quickly becomes prickly under any direct or implied criticism

Football wise , I think he believes he’s better than he probably is, certainly very confident in what he’s done , his abilities, and what he’s going to do as a coach

A fair few of his answers and explanations made sense, quite a few were blaming budget , officials, and a couple  of his answers were ....... staggering tbh

I really would like to see him succeed , his heart is in the right place 

Do I believe in him ......sadly.....no 

He did come out with the ‘No one in Bristol hurts more when we lose’ ( Personally I cringe when he keeps saying that) at which point a guy quite forcefully said ‘No you don’t,  Ive been a season ticket holder for 60 yrs , you don’t hurt more than I do’

The conversation continued afterwards and LJ invited the guy to come to Failand and watch them train but these statements aren’t a good idea to persist with tbh

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

I was busy anyway, but there's no guarantee for how long it lasts. For me if I potentially have to spend more time in the car than at the event then it doesn't sound so appealing. If they could say before the event it will last approximately a minimum of ... amount of time then I think more people could be interested. Also how sanitised things have been media to fans wise I think people got the impression it may be more of a presentation that something open. I do think it could have been better presented to the fans before the event about what it would be. Seemingly we just got told this is happening at Ashton Gate at this time... be there. I think a facebook live or youtube stream could have been a great idea too for those who didn't want to travel, even if they turned it off before for a patch for the benefit of those in attendance to have the incentive then so be it but it still reaches the wider audience.

We did say afterwards when he said he was dissapointed how many came that an hour is not enough, ( 5 or 6 questions) and people wouldn’t spend hours travelling for an hour

They pointed out that no recording was to be made as they didn’t want it out in social media so Facebook etc isn’t going to happen

I can understand this largely as they do try and answer questions openly and don’t pre vet any question , so you have to admire that

The actual forum section , for obvious reasons isn’t going to be massively revealing when speaking so publicly 

Speaking to them afterwards is when you get better answers , good or bad , and get to literally look in their eyes when they are talking to you

Thats the benefit, to me anyway

Oh , Tbf there was a free drink for anyone attending

Archived