IGNORED

Fans Forum

phantom

32 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Absolutely spot on. In every possible sense.

My thoughts on Lansdown are well known. More harm than good I’m afraid as far as I’m concerned - for BCFC. The only thing I care about.

Did I go? Nope. I hid behind my keyboard.

Fans’ Forums where anything meaningful is said afterwards is pointless.

Last time I attended anything non BCFC related was Billy Graham. And that was a load of propoganda bullshit as well.....

My first wife dragged me along and we sat near our ST seats in Dolman. At one stage they asked people to come out of the stands and join them on the pitch.

She followed all the hoardes toward Billy Graham. I went over to the Covered End goalmouth and said a few prayers for us to get over the Bankruptcy and the Ashton Gate Eight. A couple stewards told me I was going in the wrong direction. I said, this is my home and they should mind their own business. 

First time I'd been on the pitch since the end of the last game of season 1959-60 when we had been relegated back to Div Three.

On 20/11/2018 at 21:55, Harry said:

- Diedhiou was signed to play with Reid - felt they complimented each other and gave us a plan. With Reid sold they were looking for someone to fill that role but didn’t want to pay loads as they hope someone from academy will soon be able to step up. 

- Happy with academy and hopes to have at least 6 Bristolians in the first team in a few years. 

I'm trying to decide on which of current Academy strikers he is referring to in the highlighted section above.

Hinds - unlikely given he can't break into Wrexham squad.

McCoulsky - only making the bench at Southend.

Semenyo - Shows promise but is he anywhere near ready or prolific enough?

Janneh - Doing well at Torquay according to reports but it is a very big jump from National (South) to Championship.

Am I missing anyone obvious? Is Rory Holden considered as a striker? Opi Edwards more likely as a winger or wingback.

Ref the second paragraph. Do we have that many Bristolians knocking on the door? O'Leary and Vyner are from Bath. Morrell and Conor Lemonheigh-Evans from S Wales. Baldwin from Gloucester. Don't think any of the strikers above is Bristolian must please correct me if I'm wrong. Holden is Irish. Jonny Smith is a Scouse. 

Is this just LJ saying what we want to hear but without any substance?

44 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm trying to decide on which of current Academy strikers he is referring to in the highlighted section above.

Janneh - Doing well at Torquay according to reports but it is a very big jump from National (South) to Championship.

Am I missing anyone obvious? Is Rory Holden considered as a striker? Opi Edwards more likely as a winger or wingback.

Ref the second paragraph. Do we have that many Bristolians knocking on the door? O'Leary and Vyner are from Bath. Morrell and Conor Lemonheigh-Evans from S Wales. Baldwin from Gloucester. Don't think any of the strikers above is Bristolian must please correct me if I'm wrong. Holden is Irish. Jonny Smith is a Scouse. 

I suspect he meant academy players rather than Bristolians per se.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Emphasis on hope someone steps up from the academy.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Tyreeq Bakinson or Semenyo the best bets to break through I reckon.

Neither seen as a goalscorer yet, but BR was hardly prolific when he was 18/20. Or for many years afterwards come to that.

In fact Reid had about the most wayward shooting and worst goal scoring aptitude I can ever remember in an attacking midfield player until his move up front and that one golden season.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes......Reid was sold months ago, and if hope were facts we would be top of the league by now; and soon= maybe sometime in the future....far, far away.

Anyone who does shine is hovered up by other teams anyway and we start again....we are a feeder club for...well anyone really.

1 hour ago, Bri Stool City said:

Yes......Reid was sold months ago, and if hope were facts we would be top of the league by now; and soon= maybe sometime in the future....far, far away.

Anyone who does shine is hovered up by other teams anyway and we start again....we are a feeder club for...well anyone really.

As are 95% of clubs to others above them

Archived