IGNORED

Media team mistakes day after day (Merged)

cidered abroad

18 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Did anyone else go to the rugby on Sunday?

We should feel lucky, they have a dance cam, where a camera gets pointed into the South Stand and the people on screen are supposed to dance

It was beyond cringe worthy - but what made it worse they kept doing this whilst showing key replays on the big screens

It was entertaining to see the exhasberation on the faces of people around me, getting more and more annoyed with it

The Elland Road "Pie Cam" springs to mind.

• Admin
19 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

We should feel lucky, they have a dance cam, where a camera gets pointed into the South Stand and the people on screen are supposed to dance

It was beyond cringe worthy - but what made it worse they kept doing this whilst showing key replays on the big screens

It was entertaining to see the exhasberation on the faces of people around me, getting more and more annoyed with it

Seems our fellow ground sharing fans are none too happy about it either

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,16454531

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That will soon stop when people get wise to it and react with a single finger.

Maybe it hasn't occurred to Bristol Sport that people pay money to be entertained rather than being the entertainment.

I really don’t like this during the rugby, haven’t noticed it every game, usually when the Sky cameras are there and there is a stoppage in play.

Never ceases to amaze me though that grown men and women are so eager to jump up and dance with ciders in hand. I thought it was aimed at kids but it’s the adults who try to out do eachother. Embarrassing to watch and be associated with.

No I’m not a kill joy, time and a place and rugby isn’t it. 

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I really don’t like this during the rugby, haven’t noticed it every game, usually when the Sky cameras are there and there is a stoppage in play.

Never ceases to amaze me though that grown men and women are so eager to jump up and dance with ciders in hand. I thought it was aimed at kids but it’s the adults who try to out do eachother. Embarrassing to watch and be associated with.

No I’m not a kill joy, time and a place and rugby isn’t it. 

Give it a year and they’ll be trying this at the football too.

Heart and soul being slowly ripped out of the club unfortunately...

1 minute ago, reformed_red said:

Give it a year and they’ll be trying this at the football too.

Heart and soul being slowly ripped out of the club unfortunately...

Didn’t they do some sort of bongo drums thing at Wembley where they overlaid a frame and got fans (kids) to move their hands like they were drumming? I thought that was stupid then, but at least it was aimed at youngsters.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Didn’t they do some sort of bongo drums thing at Wembley where they overlaid a frame and got fans (kids) to move their hands like they were drumming? I thought that was stupid then, but at least it was aimed at youngsters.

Is a frequent thing a T20 cricket too

It always amazes me how people act an arse when a camera points at them (also why do people ALWAYS wave at the screen and not the camera??)

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is a frequent thing a T20 cricket too

It always amazes me how people act an arse when a camera points at them (also why do people ALWAYS wave at the screen and not the camera??)

Too many years of walking past Dixon's in Broadmead whilst some hawkers shouts 'Evening Post 3 star, 3 staaaaaar, Evening Post'

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

That will soon stop when people get wise to it and react with a single finger.

Maybe it hasn't occurred to Bristol Sport that people pay money to be entertained rather than being the entertainment.

I was going to ask if you could expect a lifetime ban for flipping the Vs up to the big screen…and god forbid you swore as well! :redcard:

• Admin
On 20/11/2018 at 15:06, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Interesting reply from Tom Tainton 

image.png

Oh wow, just checked into this thread, didn't realise the rugby had gone full on USA with the dance cam. Deary me :laugh:.

I was at the San Diego Padres last year and they had a 'kiss cam'. It went well, zooming in on clear couples who had a little kiss and then a big cheer, until the camera eventually zoomed in on a guy and a girl who were clearly brother and sister. The look of horror was fantastic.

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Oh wow, just checked into this thread, didn't realise the rugby had gone full on USA with the dance cam. Deary me :laugh:.

I was at the San Diego Padres last year and they had a 'kiss cam'. It went well, zooming in on clear couples who had a little kiss and then a big cheer, until the camera eventually zoomed in on a guy and a girl who were clearly brother and sister. The look of horror was fantastic.

That'll work well down the Mem then.

On 24/11/2018 at 21:29, Robin Goch said:

It’s sad that here’s proof that the people making decisions are now so far away from the actual sporting element of the game (be it rugby, football etc). The moment City have a dance cam then I’m done.

If City have a dance cam, I'd like to think that the crowd would unanimously react with a flick of the Vs.

Archived