IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly (Merged)

Red Army 75

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

Kent has been outstanding for Rangers, lads got plenty of talent but needs to be used right, LJ didn't use him right at all.

That aside, if we lose LK about the only player of value we'll have left is Brownhill. I'm genuinely worried that this may be the start of our downwards turn unless some great business is done in Jan, that I don't have a lot of faith in happening.

Or you know the SPL is shit and even average players stand out

32 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I think he just happened to be in the club when certain players have been sold, reid having a dream season and the club cashing in on bryan, flint, and lloyd kelly would have gotten big money in no matter who arranged the sell, especially if SL has decreed they are to be sold and that they wont be cheap.

if he arranges the sell of the likes of paterson or bailey wright for multi millions then i will start believing the hype.

Who do you think negotiates the player sales ? 

We have a history of selling players too easily and too cheaply. 

We seem overwhelmed when a big boy wants one of our players and prior to Ashton's arrival, we dropped our trousers and bent over . 

Like him or loathe him , he has overseen some very good deals for the club . 

Just now, phantom said:

Is there not a very realistic chance they'll sign him and send him straight back out on loan? 

Possibly back to us? 

I was wondering the possibility they may loan him out next season as well so perhaps an 18 month loan could be on the cards. Gives us 18 months to scout a proper replacement and hopefully enough time for Pring to potentially be back up.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Who do you think negotiates the player sales ? 

We have a history of selling players too easily and too cheaply. 

We seem overwhelmed when a big boy wants one of our players and prior to Ashton's arrival, we dropped our trousers and bent over . 

Like him or loathe him , he has overseen some very good deals for the club . 

I think its naive to suggest that anyone other than SL has final say on big transfer fees

50 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I think its naive to suggest that anyone other than SL has final say on big transfer fees

I think it's naive to suggest that SL is involved with the negotiations which is what I'm referring to , not the final say .

MA does the dirty work SL signs it off. 

You don't own a dog and bark yourself.

9 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

£10m for LK?

Yes , the lad will go on to play for England and a top six club if he continues like he is. 

He really is that good . 10 million in this day and age is peanuts for à Prem club and as soon as he starts his career at Liverpool or another Prem club his value will double at least .

Crazy world . 

22 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sorry, he was given plenty of chances here. More than he should have and definitely not a stick to beat LJ with .

And not once was he used how he should have been, he was used in a system where he was more of a wide midfielder than a winger which is where he's best. Kents best when put in a high wing attacking position on a counter-attack set up, we had him when we played possession football and tried to make him a wide box to box style midfielder which just isn't his game at all. This is my key frustration with LJ, he gets players in who has talent but rather than building his tactics around our player's strengths he tries to build our team based on the opposition's weaknesses and in doing so we don't produce the best we can.

I loved watching our football when we tried to play the pass and move, high pace style but there is a reason why Guardiola goes to clubs where he knows he can get in the players he wants and that's because he knows you need the right types of players to play that way, we simply don't have that so LJ seems to be second-guessing himself week in, week out whilst other managers look at what they have and playing a system that allows their players to play to their strengths. Honestly, LJ focuses too much on the opposition rather than his own team and tactics which means when he gets it wrong they take advantage as we continue to produce anything.

21 hours ago, hodge said:

Or you know the SPL is shit and even average players stand out

It's too easy to say that though, it's not like we've not seen some of our players people have deemed "s***" in the past only to become solid players under better management. Kent is playing for Rangers under an ex-International and Champions League winner who knows Kent very well and guess what, he's performing.

On 07/12/2018 at 14:55, Davefevs said:

£10m is the most expensive Championship LB....Jordan Amavi....closely followed by....

....Andrew Robertson!!

I know you love that ‘Transfermkt’ website - but some of it’s a bit tenuous ... Liverpool signed Robertson at the end of the 2016/2017 season in which he’d played in the premier league with Hull ...

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

The BEP saying Kelly was man of the match today and spurs , man United in for him now too. 

Papers got nothing else to report on , next week it will be Barcelona and real madrid

Not sure about MoM but he had a very solid game imo and showed a physically tough side which I hadn't noticed before. He got stuck in and faced off a couple of their players during the game and got their fans on his back, again I hadn't seen him do that before. He's becoming a very rounded player and I hope we can hang on to him till the end of the season.

I'm not sure that its just paper talk, his exposure with the England set up and actually being invited to train with the full England first team squad means he's recognised as a top talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see the top premier clubs interested.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure about MoM but he had a very solid game imo and showed a physically tough side which I hadn't noticed before. He got stuck in and faced off a couple of their players during the game and got their fans on his back, again I hadn't seen him do that before. He's becoming a very rounded player and I hope we can hang on to him till the end of the season.

I'm not sure that its just paper talk, his exposure with the England set up and actually being invited to train with the full England first team squad means he's recognised as a top talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see the top premier clubs interested.

No I agree the top clubs will be interested , it's just turning into an everyday thing.

Looking at him last week , he looks to have bulked up he's gonna be a unit. don't think he'll be bullied again like against Sheffield Utd last season.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Gary Owers said in commentary after discussing Kelly that he knew where the scouts sat in front of him were from but wasn’t his his job to say who they were 

Another very assured performance from him today. Not least the way he just walked away from the situation when Birmingham players were trying to intimidate him (how do you not get booked for racing half the width of the pitch to square up to an opponent?). Several times played himself very adeptly out of a tight corner, and starting to look better going forward. He seems to be working hard on the right decision, when to play it back/square and when to go on a run. 

Thought something he did very well on nearly all occasions was anticlipate very well, on coming opponents and good passes as well as not panicking in defensive situations, also put a cracking cross in no one got near. Only occasion would be the pass from Webster that went out however you'd put the majority of the blame on Webster for the poor pass. 

2 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

I don't trust the rags in general, but with scouts so say watching him yesterday I don't like the look of this

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lloyd-kelly-transfer-tottenham-man-13706075

Completely plausible. He was called up for England U20s having barely played a first team game, broke into the U21s ahead of time and got invited to train with the full squad so is obviously rated at the highest level. All while at a middling Championship club.

Having messed up with Ampadu by being snooty about him being at Exeter those in charge of the England setup seem to have started looking at the quality of the player rather than how big a club he plays for.

Meanwhile the big clubs have doubtless been aware of him for years and could well be ready to make a move.

Archived