IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

So I have just received the following via email, thoughts?

'We are looking to update our club crest in order to support the next chapter of our proud history. 

Our current crest has served us well, but with renewed ambition and desire to be progressive and forward thinking both on and off the pitch, we feel it is time to create a strong, new identity of our own. 

Something that is uniquely Bristol City, that we can truly own and all get behind. An identity that will stand us apart from the rest. 

To help this process, we would value the thoughts and opinions of our fanbase and would therefore encourage you to complete the following survey.'

We are looking to update our club crest in order to support the next chapter of our proud history. 

Our current crest has served us well, but with renewed ambition and desire to be progressive and forward thinking both on and off the pitch, we feel it is time to create a strong, new identity of our own. 

Something that is uniquely Bristol City, that we can truly own and all get behind. An identity that will stand us apart from the rest. 

To help this process, we would value the thoughts and opinions of our fanbase and would therefore encourage you to complete the following survey.

This survey will close at 5pm, Friday, November 23rd.
This survey is limited to one answer per email address, if you share an email address with somebody else you will only be able to submit one reply.

To opt-out of future communications from Bristol City please email marketing@bristol-sport.co.uk

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Please not this though !!

image.png

Notice how this appears at the end of the survey.

Got the feeling they are definitely aiming at something "bold" "dynamic" that "breaks from the norm" etc.. as I was working through the survey.

Full of marketing, branding and PR spiel. 

I pray we don't end up with some utter shite Bristol Bears logo.

WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY AND WHY.

Too many people getting paid me thinks so they try and justify their employment with utter nonsense. Like going to a shiny new badly designed website (with everything in the wrong places) because their developer needed to justify themselves being there.....

Completed.  It is pretty easy to stress a strong preference for either of the two current badges, even though they do not specifically ask ' do you want the existing Robin or crest?'  I also added comments to the effect that I wished to see the existing Robin crest return.

This is not a surprise to any of us surely and I welcome the interaction on something so important; i would hope that in the end, we are presented with a shortlist of 2 or 3 options from which we can choose.

7 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Notice how this appears at the end of the survey.

Got the feeling they are definitely aiming at something "bold" "dynamic" that "breaks from the norm" etc.. as I was working through the survey.

Full of marketing, branding and PR spiel. 

I pray we don't end up with some utter shite Bristol Bears logo.

Thow the bridge over this and a football and I don't hate it at all, although I would prefer the existing Robin.

I would like to suggest to the people at marketing@bristol-sport.co.uk an additional question to round off their survey to fans received this afternoon.

Do you think Bristol City need a load of marketing nonsense in order to have their own distinct identity?

A) No.

B) **** no.

C) About as much as I need testicular cancer

I feel this would give an accurate reflection of fan opinions on the topic.

Appreciate them doing this consultation. People are very quick to moan about changing things but then there's a big group also moaning that the current badge is terrible and "Bring back the Robin". Whatever the club do it seems they can't win.

In my opinion, them looking at badge like PSG and Brentford is a good sign. Those are clean and modern and if we end up with something like it, we should have something recognisable and worth changing for.

Just don't bring back the old Robin badge, it's far too outdated.

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

Appreciate them doing this consultation. People are very quick to moan about changing things but then there's a big group also moaning that the current badge is terrible and "Bring back the Robin". Whatever the club do it seems they can't win.

In my opinion, them looking at badge like PSG and Brentford is a good sign. Those are clean and modern and if we end up with something like it, we should have something recognisable and worth changing for.

Just don't bring back the old Robin badge, it's far too outdated.

I like all this apart from the last sentance ?

To be honest though I'd happily have a new Robin badge that screamed a strong identity.  Anything but that anonymous crest.

About 15 questions to effectively ask "Do you want the robin back and if so do you want it modernised or to remain classic?"!

I still don't know why they ask if we associate Bristol City with 1897..  NO!! We were formed in 1894 and the only reason we celebrated the centenary in 1997 is  because the board at the time forgot to do it 3 years earlier!!!!!

(I did deliberately tick "Other" to the last question to allow me to make this point!!!!

• Admin
2 minutes ago, TBW said:

People are very quick to moan about changing things but then there's a big group also moaning that the current badge is terrible and "Bring back the Robin". Whatever the club do it seems they can't win.

To be fair though @TBW people have been trying to "Bring back the Robin" for years

The lad that had been meeting with various club officials about it passed away over two years ago

Archived