IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Which logo, flicking Starbucks and Alpha Romeo this survey has made me want to smash my iPad so I have aborted it

That question that asked me to select whether I liked the New York Yankees or Lacoste logo is among the most humiliating things I've ever done. And no Lonsdale either.

15 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

At the moment a pole with a white flag on it would be about right.

Would be quite appropriate given the mentality of some of our fans (reading this forum we’re apparently relegated already!!

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Please not this though !!

image.png

IMO if done right that could be turned into a very smart, modern crest similar to the Brentford redesign a few years ago which IMO is by far the best example of a recent crest change. 

17 minutes ago, bh_red said:

Completed.

My view...don't change something that isn't broken, it's like they are going out of their way to create a negative headline...which lets be frank...is going to happen.

Well personally I think it is broken. The current crest is dated and tired. It isn’t particularly distinct, and it doesn’t look great in digital form.

I would welcome a more modern crest along the lines of Brentford (which featured in the survey).

A crest change isn’t something we need to be up tight about. It’s something that tends to evolve for most clubs - look at Juve, United, Spurs, Man City - all have a long history of crest evolution and have made recent changes.

History and tradition are things to respect but that doesn’t mean we always have to play everything by the old tune. Some evolution is OK, and I think the crest is one of those things you can change. And in this case, I think it’s overdue.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Which logo, flicking Starbucks and Alpha Romeo ( hate those cars with their stupid off centred number plates) this survey has made me want to smash my iPad so I have aborted it for now. What are we putting people?

I chose PSG, Brentford and Spurs for the football logos.

I prefer a modern, simple, distinct style.

The current badge is not that unique and the old robin badge is old fashioned, so definitely time for a change.

i think it’s good the club is looking to seek fans ideas (imagine the fuss if they didn’t and just changed it) and hopefully they come up with something decent.  If they spend the money on a decent design company doing it then I’m sure they can get something that looks great

Hopefully they'll listen to the fans on this and actually take the time to read the comments section which was the only part where we're free to express how we feel. I do hope they haven't made the decision already and are actually willing to accept that nothing has to change if the majority don't support it.

My comment for what it's worth:

I like the current badge and imagine there will be great dissatisfaction if you decide to change it, especially to something radical like the Bristol Bears and a name change. You'll fuel the fire that Bristol Sport is a franchise and lost touch with its fans and as a result is embarrassing its fans.
  If you were to change it then maybe a vote to reinstate the robin on the suspension bridge badge or keep the current one would suffice.
  Bristol City would be better off concentrating on making sure we have a successful team on the pitch rather than upsetting the fans by doing anything overly controversial and disrespecting our long history and tradition.

1 minute ago, dazza247 said:

Hopefully they'll listen to the fans on this and actually take the time to read the comments section which was the only part where we're free to express how we feel. I do hope they haven't made the decision already and are actually willing to accept that nothing has to change if the majority don't support it.

I like the current badge and imagine there will be great dissatisfaction if you decide to change it, especially to something radical like the Bristol Bears and a name change. You'll fuel the fire that Bristol Sport is a franchise and lost touch with its fans and as a result is embarrassing its fans.
  If you were to change it then maybe a vote to reinstate the robin on the suspension bridge badge or keep the current one would suffice.
  Bristol City would be better off concentrating on making sure we have a successful team on the pitch rather than upsetting the fans by doing anything overly controversial and disrespecting our long history and tradition.

I don’t think for one minute there’s going to be a name change. Rugby is an very different kettle of fish.

2 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

Could not agree more. Well said and agree with every word!

17 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

I would like to suggest to the people at marketing@bristol-sport.co.uk an additional question to round off their survey to fans received this afternoon.

Do you think Bristol City need a load of marketing nonsense in order to have their own distinct identity?

A) No.

B) **** no.

C) About as much as I need testicular cancer

I feel this would give an accurate reflection of fan opinions on the topic.

So you’d rather the club didn’t seek the fans opinion on anything?

Plenty of people willing to discuss and engage with the issue of the club crest on the other thread, so don’t assume to represent the majority opinion.

Option C wasn’t remotely funny by the way.

7 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

I don't think the marketing  people are the same people who coach the first team, although this might explain certain results .

The survey is deliberately prescriptive for a good reason. There is not going to be an option to retain either of the current badges unless perhaps they received an overwhelming number of comments saying so. They want to re-brand end of so it is vital we have our say in ensuring it is the best it can be.  I understand many will not be happy with this.

Archived