IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don't think the marketing  people are the same people who coach the first team, although this might explain certain results .

True. To be considering changing the badge must have been considered by the board of directors though. I can't imagine it's something the marketing team would have the authority to go about something as controversial as that without the permission of those higher up. Jon Lansdown came across well recently in the interview he did about producing our own kit etc. Having a different badge on a third kit doesn't bother me but changing our official badge is something that needs to be agreed upon by supporters in my opinion. It just seems like an unnecessary thing to be thinking about right now. Who are we planning to attract with our new badge? The people of Bristol/the Westcountry know perfectly well who we are already!

• Admin
17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is this survey only going out to ST holders and Members? I've not had an email despite having a BS account. 

If I click the links posted in this thread they just tell me they've already registered my input...

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO any idea?

It's gone out to those people on their mailing list, for anyone not on the list I've put the link in at the start of this thread

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

No it's not.

Again, in your opinion. I don’t get any overwhelming consensus of affection for the current crest on here. That suggests it’s not a crucial part of our identity that fans consider untouchable. If the current crest doesn’t have that keen sense of ownership amongst the fans, I would suggest it is broken. It should be an important and much-loved part of our identity.

19 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

Hopefully they'll listen to the fans on this and actually take the time to read the comments section which was the only part where we're free to express how we feel. I do hope they haven't made the decision already and are actually willing to accept that nothing has to change if the majority don't support it.

My comment for what it's worth:

I like the current badge and imagine there will be great dissatisfaction if you decide to change it, especially to something radical like the Bristol Bears and a name change. You'll fuel the fire that Bristol Sport is a franchise and lost touch with its fans and as a result is embarrassing its fans.
  If you were to change it then maybe a vote to reinstate the robin on the suspension bridge badge or keep the current one would suffice.
  Bristol City would be better off concentrating on making sure we have a successful team on the pitch rather than upsetting the fans by doing anything overly controversial and disrespecting our long history and tradition.

Not every change is direspectful to our history and tradition. If it was, nothing would ever change or improve.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Again, in your opinion. I don’t get any overwhelming consensus of affection for the current crest on here. That suggests it’s not a crucial part of our identity that fans consider untouchable. If the current crest doesn’t have that keen sense of ownership amongst the fans, I would suggest it is broken. It should be an important and much-loved part of our identity.

Indeed. In fact last time this debate was done in the summer, from memory I think there was majority preference for the robin with several negative comments about the current crest

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's gone out to those people on their mailing list, for anyone not on the list I've put the link in at the start of this thread

Your link just comes back saying we've registered your feedback. Seems like only those on the mailing list are getting to give feedback then. I've had either a ST or membership for years and only this season not needed the membership so no longer on their mailing list it seems.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

They’d be better off having 4 designs, voted for only by city season ticket holders/members. & then whichever one won that, goes up against the current badge. 

I don’t trust them in a million years to redesign the badge successfully.

Totally agree, final vote should be proposed design v current design.

Let's be real here. Every major club in the country has a crest that is marketable, clean and unfussy. In fact look at any major brand.

You can't have a logo that represents your business (that's what we are now) that you can't print easily onto millions of lunchboxes, scarves or miscellaneous plastic tat.

I'm amazed it's taken so long to be honest. 

Been waiting for that email. Aside from the notes at the end, it is structured to allow them to easily justify whatever decision they make. 

I don't like the current crest, it looks too similar to 20 odd other teams crests down the divisions. The Robin looks decent on the away kit/training stuff but it does look dated. I like the simple and retro look but that Robin just looks scruffy (sorry). 

They're clearly going to revamp the Robin regardless so I'd like to be able to see a few proposed options before we're just provided with a shocker! 

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not every change is direspectful to our history and tradition. If it was, nothing would ever change or improve.

Nor have I said that every change is disrespectful to our history and tradition. I'm not one to moan for moaning's sake like a lot of people on otib. Bristol Sport deserve a lot of credit for improvements in infrastructure, the academy progressing, trying out modern technology and innovation on the training field. I just fear being left with a random badge looking like it's been done by a work-experience kid on microsoft paint. 

If the fans are consulted properly with designs including the current badge and given a chance to vote then fine. 

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Again, in your opinion.

35 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The current badge is not that unique and the old robin badge is old fashioned, so definitely time for a change.

i think it’s good the club is looking to seek fans ideas (imagine the fuss if they didn’t and just changed it) and hopefully they come up with something decent.  If they spend the money on a decent design company doing it then I’m sure they can get something that looks great

You’re right, our current badge has been used by the gas, Glos CCC and Bristol rugby in the past, not unique to us at all....

Archived