IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

In your opinion. On the other hand, check the meaning of "consensus". I don't see much evidence of it here.

I’m well aware of the meaning thanks.

You are claiming “it isn’t broken”. Do you see a mass outcry against a new club crest here? Is what we have showing itself to be universally cherished by the fans based on the evidence of this thread?

Or are the views mixed, with most either actively embracing a new look, or willing to consider it, or at least ambivalent?

It’s clearly the latter. And on that basis, I am challenging your claim that “it isn’t broken”. If there is no great outpouring of affection for the crest - as there undoubtedly would be for the club’s name - then I would argue that, in fact, it IS broken, and it’s time for a change to something that supporters might value more greatly.

I'm on the mailing list but yet to receive this email.

I get all the nonsense about buying a half ST or 20p off Bristol City merch if you buy a £10 coffee in the shop but never something like this.

Probably because they know they'll either get a critical response full of venom or a piss take, depending what mood I'm in.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Purple-n-Lime said:

Anybody else click the link and it says you've already contributed, when you haven't??

2 hours ago, phantom said:

This survey is limited to one answer per email address, if you share an email address with somebody else you will only be able to submit one reply.

If you are use one of the links in this thread you won't get through to the survey. 

As the email is individual I cannot see any way a link will appear on the O/S etc. I guess this is a way to stop people highjacking the vote? 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

What's wrong with having to look a badge for more than 5 seconds to work out who it belongs to. 

Modern era. If you have to concentrate for more than 3 seconds, or even have to think at all, you get ignored/left behind.

11 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

A name change is imminent. Alliteration and a US feel are likely, as with the Bears. They will not wish to make a radical change from our current identity/nickname. 

Bristol Bobbins looks like a good bet.

If it wasnt for Hull and the "Hull Tigers" name change not being allowed a few years ago, I'd put money on us going somewhere similar to the Bristol Bears change.

Personally I have never felt a warming to the current badge, and have always preferred the Robin. 

Havent read all three pages of this but for what it’s worth I’ve copied the comments that I made at the end of the survey:

There are more fundamental things to get right than branding. If you take the Bristol RFC re-branding as an example, I absolutely hate the concept. However if the Rugby team are doing well then that pales into insignificance. If the team does badly, then people will think it’s just a pathetic attempt to sound like Wasps or Saracens (or even worse, like some AFL team). Leeds tried to change their crest last season and the marketing geniuses inadvertently came up with some Nazi inspired garbage that got the supporters’ backs up and made them a laughing stock. I’ll be honest boys and girls, the current marketing from the club is so crap (look at the anger on the forums), that any re-branding exercise is likely to go badly wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

All that's fair enough. But you did decide to support a team from Bristol.

Furthermore, rather a lot of us are Bristolians and do give a flying one.

And that's cool, I understand it. Just giving my opinion

A very emotive subject that has got zero chance of pleasing more than 50% of the fan base which ever way they go

49 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

All that's fair enough. But you did decide to support a team from Bristol.

Furthermore, rather a lot of us are Bristolians and do give a flying one.

Wasn't Bristol City a FC that for decades that identified itself as being a West Country football club?

My West Country roots decided my support for me. 

Don;t worry guys all sorted - said we needed a Bristol identity, like the Alpha Romeo badge and said we should be proud of heritage etc.. so they sent me a work in progress of our new badge... they are just working on how to merge them (and stick a pair of bird feet on the bottom)

Bristol_Cars_Limited_latest_logo.png  220px-British_Aircraft_Corporation_Logo.  220px-Bristol_Siddeley_logo.png

in all seriousness though, they made some sweet looking cars

280px-Bristol_411.jpg

25 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

And that's cool, I understand it. Just giving my opinion

A very emotive subject that has got zero chance of pleasing more than 50% of the fan base which ever way they go

Very true.

Fwiw, and because you've said before that you follow Gloucester Rugby, I'll add that I've followed Bristol Rugby for as long as I've followed the City and so my views on this thread are coloured by what I consider to be an appalling re-brand of my rugby team.

Being a cynical old git, I've little doubt someone has already decided "the Robins" will join "the Bears" under the Bristol Sport umbrella and this survey is a fait accompli, mere window dressing.

Have not read all the posts but what the **** is happening to my club? Can not believe this is happening. Anyone ITK knows the club is badly run. Has been for many years.

The crest is iconic. It is a bit like removing the Queens head from ££. That only happens if she kicks the bucket. Is my club heading in the same direction?

Assume this is Jon Lansdown meddling again? What I dont like is the fact that they are trying to remove our history, our culture. Never mess with history. This will rebound on the Lansdowns.

Archived