IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Don;t worry guys all sorted - said we needed a Bristol identity, like the Alpha Romeo badge and said we should be proud of heritage etc.. so they sent me a work in progress of our new badge... they are just working on how to merge them (and stick a pair of bird feet on the bottom)

Bristol_Cars_Limited_latest_logo.png  220px-British_Aircraft_Corporation_Logo.  220px-Bristol_Siddeley_logo.png

in all seriousness though, they made some sweet looking cars

280px-Bristol_411.jpg

That arrow is pointing the wrong way!

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

**** the **** off. Everything is getting modernised, we’re losing our history, tradition, core fan base and this just doesn’t feel like the club I fell in love with anymore.

Respect our traditions and stop ******* changing everything, it’s not as if it’s bringing mass success on the pitch, we’re just doing it for the sake of it.

Clubs like Wednesday, Man City, Brentford etc have lost some cracking badges for modern, shit ones. Don’t be the same City. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

“We’re losing our history”...

I feel a list coming on.

7 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Have not read all the posts but what the **** is happening to my club? Can not believe this is happening. Anyone ITK knows the club is badly run. Has been for many years.

The crest is iconic. It is a bit like removing the Queens head from ££. That only happens if she kicks the bucket. Is my club heading in the same direction?

Assume this is Jon Lansdown meddling again? What I dont like is the fact that they are trying to remove our history, our culture. Never mess with history. This will rebound on the Lansdowns.

Sorry but the crest is not iconic. Read the posts here. The views are mixed; some actively embracing the change, others broadly in favour, some ambivalent, some against. On balance I would say most are in favour or at least not against it.

If the crest was iconic, there would be a mass outcry against this. There isn’t.

I posted this on Bristol Rugby forum before I got OTIB going for today.

I don't worry about what the badge is on a shirt or whether they want to rebrand City as Bris Rugby has been. 
It's what happens on the pitch that is the only thing that matters. As a lifelong Bris fan, the last ten to fifteen years have been pretty dismal. But Bris do have a past to be proud of and a reasonable chance if one again in the future. 

Since I started watching both clubs, City have had a promotion approx every ten years, only one to the top tier, and interspersed with a relegation. City bounce between second and third tier, not something to be proud of. 

2018 has seen the team once again doing its best to end up in the bottom three. If Bris fans had run out of patience with Andy Robinson, many City fans have never been in love with Johnson, who only seems to be in a job because he's best mates with Jon Lansdown. Nepotism and incompetence! 

So go ahead, change the badge and our name to Bristol Ducks but please get it right in the pitch!

2 hours ago, BessexRED said:

**** the **** off. Everything is getting modernised, we’re losing our history, tradition, core fan base and this just doesn’t feel like the club I fell in love with anymore.

Respect our traditions and stop ******* changing everything, it’s not as if it’s bringing mass success on the pitch, we’re just doing it for the sake of it.

Clubs like Wednesday, Man City, Brentford etc have lost some cracking badges for modern, shit ones. Don’t be the same City. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

**** off you ********

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

The club want a badge that instantly recognisable like Wolves, Liverpool, Forest, Ipswich and Spurs  rather than the heraldic badge of Bristol which is similar to certain other clubs, Wigan for example.

Ask pretty much any fan from other parts of the country what they associate with Bristol and plenty would say the Suspension Bridge and that the city is/was a sea port. 

So......a new badge design should include one or both. A tall ship would represent Bristol’s maritime history....

I had that idea floating around in my mind a few years ago but it was about as far as i got with it.

1106643177_tp_bristol20matthew.jpg.db6403b060ae2354e50976391d7a851d.jpg

in second thoughts perhaps ready for the recycle bin

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Have not read all the posts but what the **** is happening to my club? Can not believe this is happening. Anyone ITK knows the club is badly run. Has been for many years.

The crest is iconic. It is a bit like removing the Queens head from ££. That only happens if she kicks the bucket. Is my club heading in the same direction?

Assume this is Jon Lansdown meddling again? What I dont like is the fact that they are trying to remove our history, our culture. Never mess with history. This will rebound on the Lansdowns.

Nothings happened yet!  Jeez

2 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

A name change is imminent. Alliteration and a US feel are likely, as with the Bears. They will not wish to make a radical change from our current identity/nickname. 

Bristol Bobbins looks like a good bet.

They won’t be allowed to, unless the FA change the regulations. Hull City tried a couple of years ago to become Hull Tigers and it was rejected by them. 

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

I like the Wolves badge.

No need for any words or dates.

You just know it's Wolves.

0_wolves-logoPNG.png

Funny thing is that the Wolves badge is frequently cited as a good, instantly recognisable, clean looking badge, yet the fans have derided the Bristol Bears logo which is conceptually very similar! 

Funny old game. 

Let’s be honest here, we’ve been collectively whinging about the badge for years, people want the robin back others dont etc etc etc

We have a chance to potentially put input into a new badge we could all (okay maybe not all but a majority) endorse. So how about we actually engage these ideas and get a good result? You know, instead of just crying about it all.

Won’t be renewing next season, this has finished me off ?

This time next year it’ll be the Lancer Scott Arena in association with Bet365.

and you can all **** off with your smart ass comments, this isn’t even close to being funny ??

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry but the crest is not iconic. Read the posts here. The views are mixed; some actively embracing the change, others broadly in favour, some ambivalent, some against. On balance I would say most are in favour or at least not against it.

If the crest was iconic, there would be a mass outcry against this. There isn’t.

That is because IMO, most on here have not got a scooby doo about the history of BCFC. I for one was at Newport County away when we nearly went out the league in the early 80s - 82 I think it was. 

But then I am probably older in the tooth than you?

IMO this is just a distraction over what is also a hot topic, removal of Johnson as coach - is this just clever Marketing to distract away from Johnson?

34 minutes ago, Oops said:

Won’t be renewing next season, this has finished me off ?

This time next year it’ll be the Lancer Scott Arena in association with Bet365.

and you can all **** off with your smart ass comments, this isn’t even close to being funny ??

The club crest changing would genuinely make you not renew the season ticket? It’s already changed multiple times throughout City’s existence, like most every other club. 

51 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Funny thing is that the Wolves badge is frequently cited as a good, instantly recognisable, clean looking badge, yet the fans have derided the Bristol Bears logo which is conceptually very similar! 

Funny old game. 

Good point.

For what it's worth I've always quite liked having the coat of arms (there's only one team in Bristol after all), but since the robin badge was re-introduced on the white away shirt I've felt nostalgic for it.  If we did change our badge, for me it would have to be the robin/suspension bridge one. 

The Wolves one is iconic, but I've never really liked the design (maybe because I hate Wolves). Similarly I'm not particularly keen on Brentford's either. The Bristol Bears badge looks awful in my opinion so hopefully we won't end up with anything like that (although I have a bad feeling...)

If we are going to change the badge, one plea from me would be to change the date on it to 1894 when Bristol South End were formed. We must be the only club to make ourselves look younger than we are.

56 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Funny old game. 

Wolves have been Wolves since their inception. WTF have ' Bears ' got to do with Bristol Rugby Club ?

It's the ridiculous name change not the badge which is in question.

Archived