IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wasn’t really thinking that Kid or in any way anticipating it 

More ........cringeworthy social media ...tacky kits and branding branding branding 

True. But aside from his obvious mega **** up on the red kit (now reversed ), Cardiff are the Bluebirds playing in the Prem for the second time. Makes me sick. And they flog their kits at OUR airport.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True. But aside from his obvious mega **** up on the red kit (now reversed ), Cardiff are the Bluebirds playing in the Prem for the second time. Makes me sick. And they flog their kits at OUR airport.

Would you put it past our regime and Junior playing the business man , changing our kit ?

I wouldn’t 

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would you put it past our regime and Junior playing the business man , changing our kit ?

I wouldn’t 

I would. I think they understand the red lines and know not to cross them. The crest isn’t a red line. The changes they’ve made to the rugby club - namely the Bears suffix - aren’t any different to changes made at other rugby clubs, in a sport where such things are more readily accepted and far less controversial.

I don’t see what changing the kit would achieve anyway, other than a PR disaster. Tan did it for curious Malaysian marketing reasons, nothing like that applies to us.

Hardly a major shock to log on and see this thread after what BS did to the Rugby club.

This rebrand will not help us score goals or stop us losing games. It will generate a bit more cash and give the marketing department a chance to give themselves another slap on the back

Feeding back to the club will be pointless as they will just farm the design out to a consultent. Given that the Robin is also associated with Swindon and Cheltenham then I would expect it won't even make it on to the table at the identity meeting.

I await with interest the eventual corperate logo..

8 hours ago, Shtanley said:

What's wrong with having to look a badge for more than 5 seconds to work out who it belongs to. 

On the face of it, not much wrong with that....but research has shown that the modern consumer will look at an advertisement/logo/marketing message for (on average) a maximum of 2.4 seconds....so you’ve got a tiny window of opportunity to win them over....I think it’s sad, but the typical consumer these days is ‘too busy’ to absorb proper messaging, they are probably desperate to check their ‘likes’ on bookface or whatever it’s called....pathetic....

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Which logo, flicking Starbucks and Alpha Romeo ( hate those cars with their stupid off centred number plates) this survey has made me want to smash my iPad so I have aborted it for now. What are we putting people?

You need to drive one to understand!!

?? ??????? ?

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

On the face of it, not much wrong with that....but research has shown that the modern consumer will look at an advertisement/logo/marketing message for (on average) a maximum of 2.4 seconds....so you’ve got a tiny window of opportunity to win them over....I think it’s sad, but the typical consumer these days is ‘too busy’ to absorb proper messaging, they are probably desperate to check their ‘likes’ on bookface or whatever it’s called....pathetic....

I appreciate all that but the thing is that we are not a brand. We aren’t like a Nike or an Adidas where we need people to recognise us immediately. We’re a football club. We don’t need our history boiled down into a simple logo. We should require time to understand what we are. 

People don’t like change. 

Quite so many pages on a new badge is pretty impressive, all complaints, everyone with different suggestions and lots of hot air aimed at Bristol Sport and Matt Parsons. People hate it when they impose changes and people hate when they ask for input.

Its a badge, it’s changed style and background numerous times in the last 50 years or so.

Bristol City are my club, I have never identified with any badge and whatever they change it to, I couldn’t care less.

If they got us to play in blue and white however.......

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We play in red , Robins are feisty little barstards with red breasts ( boy at the back stop your giggling).

We could have been nicknamed Cardinals, Roses, Tomatoes but luckily Robins was selected.

We could be the Bloods, like those gangsta rapscallions from da hood.

What would people think if the badge went a different way altogether?

By that I mean no coat of arms, no robin but concentrated on something else in Bristol solely like the Bridge. 

Personally the robin does nothing for me, it’s before my time and the nickname is shared with so many other clubs. Would the club be as brave as to go for a complete rebrand with a new nickname and look?  

My opinion would be to keep the coat of arms but see what they are trying to do  I think it’s a shame that the Bristol City I grew up with will be unrecognisable soon  

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But the point is the name/badge change has not put supporters off. And in rugby I wouldn't have expected it to I suppose. The Bears were the Shoguns not that long ago- named after a car FFS!

I maintain the rebrand has gone well and think it will serve Bristol well over the coming years.

I went to the Bristol supporters meeting post rebrand and Mark Taunton correctly pointed out that he’d played for Bristol in shirts that at various times had no badge, the crest, a unicorn (yup, for real) and the shoguns. It makes no difference to the players as when you pull that shirt on you’re playing for your mates and the fans. 

It's really quite striking how so many people have decided that this will be absolutely shit before even a sniff of seeing the finished design.

People constantly moan that nothing ever gets done in Bristol and yet this thread is full of posters entering preemptive paroxysms of rage at the mere prospect of change.

If you gave a fair proportion of posters on here a million quid in a bag, they would moan bitterly about the size and colour of the bag.

12 minutes ago, Stortz said:

It's really quite striking how so many people have decided that this will be absolutely shit before even a sniff of seeing the finished design.

People constantly moan that nothing ever gets done in Bristol and yet this thread is full of posters entering preemptive paroxysms of rage at the mere prospect of change.

If you gave a fair proportion of posters on here a million quid in a bag, they would moan bitterly about the size and colour of the bag.

“Preemptive paroxysms of rage” is probably the best phrase I’ve ever read on here. A doff of the cap to you sir, magnificent!

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The good reason for that is that we've been here before on so many different topics and the one constant is it usually ends up a fuck up

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We play in red , Robins are feisty little barstards with red breasts ( boy at the back stop your giggling).

We could have been nicknamed Cardinals, Roses, Tomatoes but luckily Robins was selected.

I will put my tin hat on but I hate the nickname. It might be a feisty little bird but and eagle or owl would eat it.

A bluebird would fly rings around it....

Additionally we share the nickname with four other English professional clubs including two within 40 miles of us.

Better than being called a ******* bear though. One of Sir Steve's post natch session ideas i'm guessing....

Should call us the The Bloods - we would pick up a lot of fans in California then.

Archived