IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

22 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Top right one is a bit Sheffield United'y.

I'd be interested to see how it looks with a head on robin and old fashioned football.

Have to say I thought Sheffield United

Good clean designs though

For all the idea of branding I used to be able to identify all 92 League Club badges

Not a prayer now ...........and could anybody ?

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

The top right one is a decent start! Nicely done @Olé

Would probably try and modernise the Robin slightly though. The font aswell perhaps? Nevertheless, that’s a good effort.

Interesting you should mention the font. Can I suggest that one we used for the training wear a couple of years ago? That was the king of the fonts. 

Not the finished article yet but just putting the idea out there. To me it says bristol citys traditions, ashton gate, the robin, the ashton gate 8 and an icon of bristol (suspension bridge). And of course the correct date!

Maybe it could be done to look more professionally by the experts then it would look pretty good

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (6) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

No Robin.

Suspension Bridge I can get on board with though, or the SS GB. 

No need to change it in my opinion though, I like the crest and feel (as others have said) we should keep it since we are called "BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB" - have always associated us as being the football team that represents the city of Bristol.

Also the survey has to be one of the worst I have ever taken part in. There should have been an option for each question to say - I disagree with all available options. 

11 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I don't think I have seen one that favours the crest.

Robin badges all look shite because they have robins on. I'm with SteveL, find a new nickname.

Your comment.  

The 8 year old poll you link to is not what I'd call scientific market research, it gives two options for a robin...

Last time the club tried to change the badge the poll was 91% in favour of the existing badge.

That comment was largely tongue in cheek, as I recall it was part of a periodic "robin campaign" thread where the vocal minority pipe up for a return to the 80s. 

I do think robins is a shit nickname and looks terrible on a badge.

I don't want a play school badge, we should retain the one we have.

13 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Of all the suggestions in this thread for a new badge this is by far my favourite...However I would get rid of the Gate and the Suspension Bridge. 

I don’t like ‘busy’ badges, the simpler the better. We don’t need to cram as many things into it as possible.

Robin

Football 

Name or initials

Year formed.

I like the outline of a Robin used by the club on marketing at the moment, in the past I said I wouldn’t mind the club adopting it as an official badge but on reflection I think maybe it looks a bit too ‘American’ for an English football club.

The badge above (minus the Gate and Bridge) looks far more traditional and IMO would look great on a football shirt. 

1 hour ago, Magic Man said:

I think the new badge should feature both the robin and the bridge. 
I believe the club will go for a minimal stripped back version. With that in mind here's my attempt - based loosely on an idea seen on OTIB previously (sorry not sure who did it)

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 11.58.42.png

Wrong year. Don’t encourage ‘em! 

I'm a casual fan, but a combination of; trying to get some practice in on graphic design software, hearing the news about a possible badge change, and finding this forum, inspired me to have a go...

Unashamedly "inspired" by Brentford and Man City clearly - both redesigns I think look really smart. Might be a bit too similar though admittedly.

Not a major fan of the Bristol coat of arms, as many people have already said, I think it's a little generic and old-fashioned.

AqFYg9.png

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm gonna need some alone time in the toilets with that.

Think that’s the best new design I’ve seen

But I think , obsessed with ********* ‘branding’ it will be very simple , probably one colour and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the Bristol Sport Logo incorporated

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think that’s the best new design I’ve seen

But I think , obsessed with ********* ‘branding’ it will be very simple , probably one colour and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the Bristol Sport Logo incorporated

Agreed, be like (no offence mate) @Magic Man's effort, far easier to market and print on fuckloads of tat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a silhouette of AG on it...

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Agreed, be like (no offence mate) @Magic Man's effort, far easier to market and print on fuckloads of tat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a silhouette of AG on it...

Ha. No offense @ZiderEyed taken. Its not my preferred design, more the direction I think BS will go. Like you said a lot easier to reproduce in print and online

When you look at the highly imaginative, clever , invigorating design of the new egg chasers badge which I would suggest took a six year old about 8 secs to think up

at least it has a Bristol connection and theme and reflects their history 

I wouldn’t be expecting anything remotely decent

78330CF9-CDD0-4DEA-81BC-331C4466DFB9.png

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

When you look at the highly imaginative, clever , invigorating design of the new egg chasers badge which I would suggest took a six year old about 8 secs to think up

I  wouldn’t be expecting anything remotely decent

That’s a harsh statement Bob.

Although not a keen rugby fan I have mates that are and they like the logo. We have to remember that the Bears is a new name so unless City change the club name........

I’d a like badge that reflects Bristol’s maritime history, A tall ship for example. Lose the robin as other clubs have the same nickname so design something that’s specific to Bristol.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s a harsh statement Bob.

Although not a keen rugby fan I have mates that are and they like the logo. We have to remember that the Bears is a new name so unless City change the club name........

I’d a like badge that reflects Bristol’s maritime history, A tall ship for example. Lose the robin as other clubs have the same nickname so design something that’s specific to Bristol.

Says more about the rugby fans IMO

i think it’s hideous and tacky - Americanised

Ours will be designed by someone with a Ba in Marketing who has never heard of Bristol City

As for the tall ship suggestion - If we aren’t to use the robin I’ve heard worse

The Matthew ?

2BBCFC02-D6CA-402E-A688-AC8A4427F07A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Nibor said:

The 8 year old poll you link to is not what I'd call scientific market research, it gives two options for a robin...

Last time the club tried to change the badge the poll was 91% in favour of the existing badge.

That comment was largely tongue in cheek, as I recall it was part of a periodic "robin campaign" thread where the vocal minority pipe up for a return to the 80s. 

I do think robins is a shit nickname and looks terrible on a badge.

I don't want a play school badge, we should retain the one we have.

I found several polls all with similar results. So polls on this do not have results favouring the crest. Its easy to take quotes out of context as these are limited mediums, but your remarks frequently appear terse and unequivocal. 

91% what was the alternative? How was the poll conducted? What was asked?

Periodic campaign .. I would disagree. Again you remark is terse and overly assertive, I see no campaign to return to the 1980's. Its a constant theme. The Robin is an endearing part of Bristol City fandom as reflected on this thread. You may think the Robin/the nickname is shit, but it is clearly popular among fans. This shit features on a supporters mural in remembrance of deceased fans.  

49 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

At least Bristol has bears, Bob. Does Leeds have rhinos though?

http://www.wildplace.org.uk/news/bringing-bears-back

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A shame you have to drag us all down with your constant cynicism and negativity Bob.

I actually think the Bears rebrand is strong; it’s simple yet distinctive. You criticise the lack of imagination but it’s simplicity is its strength; think of Nike, Adidas and Puma. All instantly recognisable brands with very simple logos.

Archived