IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

These were suggestions placed on Facebook by someone....interesting 

0C550A65-EFCE-456C-8D5B-7E0318FB46BC.jpeg

0031B222-F5CE-4626-B7E0-E657300D074C.jpeg

Size again -  the football is far too big on both of them.

The bridge should be more prominent and above the Robin.

I'd like to see Bristol City F.C. somewhere on the new badge.

16 minutes ago, Magic Man said:

I've given her a slight breast reduction - nothing silly mind!

Screenshot-2018-11-23-at-12-49-26.png

Love that.

Local landmark, nickname, football, year formed. Not too busy, not too detailed. Unlike a lot of designs on here including that one that was recently posted on Facebook I think that would look good on the shirts.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

1132020855_Screenshot2018-11-18at11_58_42.thumb.png.5b48ed369b19852d0f23410285615382.png.938a3a7d08773c22aad286effc731c93.png

As above with a actual red breast and without the "Bristol City"  we know who we are, and the idea is for a recognizable badge that stands on it's own. Red does not quite match as done on the fly in paint.

Would look much better without the year on there IMO. 

4 minutes ago, TBW said:

Does everyone being negative about a rebrand not realise that the Robin badge was a rebrand?

There is no way the Robin can look modern and actually "work" on a badge whilst giving us a look as a forward thinking club.

If ‘modern’ would be anything like what the Rugby club have been given, I think I’d rather stick with either the ‘old fashioned’ Crest or Robin.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Would look much better without the year on there IMO. 

I think so too. Good idea, I like the bridge being the top part of the shield badge, but the bird is wrong. Too grumpy and has no wings and too much red breast so it looks unbalanced. Almost right. Good idea, wrong bird IMO.

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Does everyone being negative about a rebrand not realise that the Robin badge was a rebrand?

There is no way the Robin can look modern and actually "work" on a badge whilst giving us a look as a forward thinking club.

My partner works in design and marketing. Her opinion is that virtually any animal be that a bird or a bear offers endless possibility for design, they have character, forms - They can be adapted. In the case of the Robin it has obvious USP's that do not have to be manufactured or invented. 

What is a modern forward thinking football club? One that embraces its past, obvious parts of its identity or ignores them?   

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

My partner works in design and marketing. Her opinion is that virtually any animal be that a bird or a bear offers endless possibility for design, they have character, forms - They can be adapted. In the case of the Robin it has obvious USP's that do not have to be manufactured or invented. 

What is a modern forward thinking football club? One that embraces its past, obvious parts of its identity or ignores them?   

Let's see her examples then.

... and the red breast itself is invented. A robin's breast is orange.

1 minute ago, TBW said:

Let's see her examples then.

... and the red breast itself is invented. A robin's breast is orange.

Lets see her .. Not what she would do professionally as she Manages creative processes. 

A Robins breast is a shade of orange but its hardly a leap to describe the red red Robin as red. Using that simple red white black combination has commercial benefits. Those three colours are easy to reproduce. It stands out. Its why the red tops use red. The Robin has selling points unique to BCFC because its related history can only be BCFC's  

You did not answer the earlier questions. 

On 22/11/2018 at 09:11, David Brent said:

Wouldn’t mind something simple like Forest. No football. No Robin. No writing.

Just an outline of the bridge, maybe with 1894 underneath

Always like forest badge it say nothing but you know the team straight away 

somtimes less is more

7 hours ago, Magic Man said:

I've given her a slight breast reduction - nothing silly mind!

Screenshot-2018-11-23-at-12-49-26.png

As the resident pedantic old git...I’m liking this, but if the robin was looking the other way, she’d be glaring towards The Mem rather than into Somerset....assuming of course that she is on the Ashton Gate side of the Bridge? I loved it when Arsenal turned the cannon around on their badge at their stadium so it was pointing towards White Hart Lane .....  i’m childish like that! But this is great work mate! I like it.....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As the resident pedantic old git...I’m liking this, but if the robin was looking the other way, she’d be glaring towards The Mem rather than into Somerset....assuming of course that she is on the Ashton Gate side of the Bridge? I loved it when Arsenal turned the cannon around on their badge at their stadium so it was pointing towards White Hart Lane .....  i’m childish like that! But this is great work mate! I like it.....

just need a few 'droppings' in that direction…

5 hours ago, Three Lions said:

nope its because the colour orange didn't exist for centuries so Robins Squirrels and Deer are red. you should have paid attention in class.

Orange has always existed, if human's didn't recognise it and called it something else that still means we invented the breast being red and my point stands...

Archived