IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

I'm getting right into this now!! Phahaha

BristolCityHex.png

typo in the year - 1894.

Other than that I like it.

Question for me is this - after a few years of use would the reasonable man be able to tell who the badge was for if all lettering was removed. With this one, yes I think they could.

18 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I don't think I need to explain that. With the greatest respect, just because it's on a fans memorial doesn't mean it's not a horrible childish  picture 

With the greatest respect if it was all these things it would never have been done. Not one person has ever made the points you have.

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

Incase anyone thinks this is a serious attempt, it isn’t so insult away :laugh:

D7401810-8DE8-4076-A0D4-536F543E6F09.jpeg

I wondered if the stadium was to be used in the new badge, it is a symbol that appears on a number of things already

It's a thumbs up from me

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

A couple of tweeks  and I think we have a winner,change the red at the bottom to a muddy River Avon brown,and put three stars across the top, to signify the number of piss pot trophy wins.

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

Are you really that upset that some people don’t like your designs? Deary me

Not at all, I honestly am used to it. That said, why should I accept childish insults? I do like these forums but saying someone artwork looks like it's done by a 12 year old when time and effort has put into it is a pretty shitty attitude to have. 

I'll never understand sum people on these forums as they can be very quick to insult the club but when the fans try to get together and produce something we can be proud of to submit to the club you have that small minority who would rather throw childish insults for some "forum reputation boost" 

When this club ultimately drops its new design and it is awful the only people we'll have to blame is ourselves because rather than banding together and trying to create something we're all happy with we resort to childish arguing and 1-up-manship. 

I can accept people not looking my designs, what I don't want to have to accept is a badge like Leeds put out only for Bristol Sport to stick with it as they know their is no pleasing the fans. 

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not at all, I honestly am used to it. That said, why should I accept childish insults? I do like these forums but saying someone artwork looks like it's done by a 12 year old when time and effort has put into it is a pretty shitty attitude to have. 

Why waste your time in the first place?

The club have never come out and asked people to design a badge for the club

I think half the problem is that a Robin in predominantly brown, and brown is quite a dated colour. It’s a hard colour to get excited about unless you go with the copper gold tones. Grey has had a revival, but not brown so much. Shame we haven’t got a golden anniversary or something coming up. 

10 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Well done Badg, that's not a bad effort at all.

Would look good with a gold star in the bridge arch, if anybody asked what it represented we could tell them to mind their own business!

A gold star for each of our 3  freight rover/Johnstone's Paint/LDV Vans Trophies.

1 minute ago, Gifford said:

A gold star for each of our 3  freight rover/Johnstone's Paint/LDV Vans Trophies.

Or a gold star for each year we've been above the Sags.

That'll do it.  In fact, don't bother with the crest, just have the stars.

That'll be unique!

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I’ve now got the music from Tony Hart’s gallery in my head.  You bugger! ?

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Why waste your time in the first place?

The club have never come out and asked people to design a badge for the club

So your reply is "don't bother trying to create something the fans want, the club doesn't want to please the fans"?

Simply put, I want a crest/badge that I'm not embarrassed to have representing the club. I mean how would you feel if the club came out with something like this monstrosity?

Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-12-06-06_trans

Archived