IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

2 hours ago, Offside said:

I think you might be right.

Not keen on it, though. I'd much prefer the robin/Suspension Bridge badge - if any badge is iconic for Bristol City it's that one.

I see that as a pigeon not a Robin though, but yes I think you are right as this image has been used in the background by the club for a while now.

10 hours ago, RedM said:

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

Incase anyone thinks this is a serious attempt, it isn’t so insult away :laugh:

D7401810-8DE8-4076-A0D4-536F543E6F09.jpeg

tried to redo it with what I think the robin would be like if we went that direction, again like you I'm no wizkid on paint ?

Robin City.png

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Just screams out Palace to me, sadly.

Not for me. 

At the end of the day...whatever the Club choose, it won't please everyone. In the same way fans are divided with our present crest.

It would be interesting to know how much the cost will be to rebrand and replace every present crest at the Club and Academy etc.

The best 'modern' rebrand I've seen in recent years is the Juventus one.

I didn't like it at first...but it really works.

On 24/11/2018 at 12:15, Spike said:

So I just spent a little time with Magic Man's concept (which is great and has been received well) and made a few changes, one suggested by @BS4 on Tour... about the Robin facing the Mem and my own change to make the Bridge easily identifiable by those who do not realise what it is.

I also included the design in a few colour schemes that it may be used with:

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

The best one I’ve seen so far is the 3rd one down.

That needs the least work I’ve seen. The bridge is perfect imo, I like the way the ball slots in nicely under the Robin and the year established.

The Robin needs a little work and possibly the colouring, but apart from that, that’s spot on.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

At the end of the day...whatever the Club choose, it won't please everyone. In the same way fans are divided with our present crest.

It would be interesting to know how much the cost will be to rebrand and replace every present crest at the Club and Academy etc.

The best 'modern' rebrand I've seen in recent years is the Juventus one.

I didn't like it at first...but it really works.

Absolutely.

Just hope this survey was legitimate and a decision wasn’t already made.

I like to think I’m not asking a lot but if it features a Robin, bridge, football, est and Bristol City FC, then I’ll be over the moon. 

What else can it really be? The club want something that has ‘identity’ and represents City..

3 hours ago, spudski said:

I'VE GOT A FEELING IT'S GOING TO BE SIMILAR TO THIS...

bcfc.png

24 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Just screams out Palace to me, sadly.

Not for me. 

Nothing like Palace to me.....on the same thought, lots of other clubs wear red.....does our kit scream out Man Utd to you? Perhaps we should not wear red anymore....

7EBFE296-A176-46DD-87C8-72051C666327.png

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing like Palace to me.....on the same thought, lots of other clubs wear red.....does our kit scream out Man Utd to you? Perhaps we should not wear red anymore....

Oh Really?

How about Barnsley, Forest, Liverpool, Rotherham, Middlesbrough etc.

That’s really your argument?..

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Oh Really?

How about Barnsley, Forest, Liverpool, Rotherham, Middlesbrough etc.

That’s really your argument?..

No, but I’ve read posts on here saying things like ‘lots of clubs are called the robins, we need something unique, we shouldn’t have a robin on our badge’...but in the same way, lots of clubs wear red, it’s not unique to us....should we change that?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, but I’ve read posts on here saying things like ‘lots of clubs are called the robins, we need something unique, we shouldn’t have a robin on our badge’...but in the same way, lots of clubs wear red, it’s not unique to us....should we change that?

No..

Bit of a poor argument you’re trying to make.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think it’s poor....but you’re also ignoring the fact that the suggested badge on which you commented looks nothing like the Palace badge whatsoever....

So the suggested badge looks like a robin to you? 

If the suggested badge wasn’t red and you saw a glimpse of it, I’m sure many would shout ‘Palace’

14 hours ago, Spike said:

So your reply is "don't bother trying to create something the fans want, the club doesn't want to please the fans"?

Simply put, I want a crest/badge that I'm not embarrassed to have representing the club. I mean how would you feel if the club came out with something like this monstrosity?

Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-12-06-06_trans

Exactly

The club don't want supporters to design a badge, you'd have to be very naive to think they have not sorted one already and are just doing their usual lip service for the fan base

It's as sad as the annual kit designs people do every summer

BUT if people want to waste their time, let them carry on!

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Do you genuinely not see the similarity? It's essentially the same pose, just a different bird. Colours are a whole different thing, there are only so many colours, a badge/logo has an almost infinite number of ways to create originality.

20 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do robins have eyebrows? And are they always angry eyebrows? I’m not saying I want our robin to be happy, but maybe neutral rather than angry!

anyway, come on people. This our chance to be heroes. 

I think that most designs have an "angry Robin" because they look almost "dopey" rather than intimidating ?

1 hour ago, Red 90 said:

BCFC.thumb.png.1cfa6137391f1270294d15a44dd8073d.png Best design by a mile! Only slight change I would make is to raise the bridge slightly like this (bad paint job)

BeuPSdP.png

39 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Exactly

The club don't want supporters to design a badge, you'd have to be very naive to think they have not sorted one already and are just doing their usual lip service for the fan base

Maybe it is time to see who can design the badge they expect Bristol Sport to create rather than one they would like to see.

My money is on Bristol Sport managing to squeeze in the following elements.

A Metrobus.

A Seating-less concourse.

No chips.

And a cold air hand dryer.

All set to a purple and lime colour scheme (got to give the fans something) and text in comic sans.

55 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Exactly

Of course they will have a design in mind, just look at what I posted, Leeds did the same and look how that turned out. The point is that Leeds (the club) thought they had a new badge and knew what would work, maybe if they had looked at what the fans wanted before releasing it they could have saved themselves a lot of negative feedback and embarrassment. 
If Bristol City have any common sense at all they'll be looking at what the fans want upon hearing that there will be a change and will take that into consideration before going public. For example, if their design was anything like Leeds only with a Robin instead of the guy with his fist on his chest and then they saw the designs here then they would have time to go back to the drawing board, redesign what they have and redesign any promotional stuff they have already prepared. The worst thing a club can do when changing their badge is getting it all wrong. 
I'm still amazed that Juventus got away with that atrocity of turning a fantastic and iconic badge into a crap single letter custom font!

MAIN-Juve-badges.jpg

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Do you genuinely not see the similarity? It's essentially the same pose, just a different bird. Colours are a whole different thing, there are only so many colours, a badge/logo has an almost infinite number of ways to create originality.

I genuinely don’t think Palace’s eagle badge looks much like one of the suggested robin ones on here...in the same way that I don’t think Norwich’s badge looks like Palace’s badge ....

21C6B69E-D80E-4836-AB59-4603F1B540E6.png

7C8DB57C-E9E1-4D3D-9EC3-CB612E64033E.jpeg

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Of course they will have a design in mind, just look at what I posted, Leeds did the same and look how that turned out. The point is that Leeds (the club) thought they had a new badge and knew what would work, maybe if they had looked at what the fans wanted before releasing it they could have saved themselves a lot of negative feedback and embarrassment. 
If Bristol City have any common sense at all they'll be looking at what the fans want upon hearing that there will be a change and will take that into consideration before going public. For example, if their design was anything like Leeds only with a Robin instead of the guy with his fist on his chest and then they saw the designs here then they would have time to go back to the drawing board, redesign what they have and redesign any promotional stuff they have already prepared. The worst thing a club can do when changing their badge is getting it all wrong. 
I'm still amazed that Juventus got away with that atrocity of turning a fantastic and iconic badge into a crap single letter custom font!

MAIN-Juve-badges.jpg

I've changed my mind on the Juventus rebrand.

Ask yourself what is Juve's most iconic form and it has to be the black and white stripes - famous worldwide. This logo takes that idea and creates the club badge from it. Simple, bold, iconic - I like it!

If City ask themselves the same question then the answer has to be the Suspension Bridge. The robin, yes, but what other team has a world famous, historical, beautiful structure overlooking their stadium? I'd start here if I were designing a new badge.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 15.10.05.png

4 hours ago, Spike said:

I think that most designs have an "angry Robin" because they look almost "dopey" rather than intimidating ?

BeuPSdP.png

Please no.   

To me that is not a robin.

It reminds me of something,  can't quite put my finger on it, but definately not a robin.

The bridge and ball are fine.

Is it only me that thinks that the 'robin' looks weird?

35 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Please no.   

It reminds me of something,  can't quite put my finger on it, but definately not a robin.

BCFC.thumb.png.1cfa6137391f1270294d15a44dd8073d.png

Comparatively tiny head, Denis Healey eyebrow added, and lacking wings?

1 minute ago, 42nite said:

And a Puffin beak.

I'm not meaning to upset anyone.  Just giving my opinion. 

I don't think it's right.

Agreed. The beak is definitely not Robin-like.

@Spike Can you work on a few tweaks accordingly?

Head, beak, wings, eyebrow removal?

3 hours ago, Magic Man said:

I've changed my mind on the Juventus rebrand.

Ask yourself what is Juve's most iconic form and it has to be the black and white stripes - famous worldwide. This logo takes that idea and creates the club badge from it. Simple, bold, iconic - I like it!

If City ask themselves the same question then the answer has to be the Suspension Bridge. The robin, yes, but what other team has a world famous, historical, beautiful structure overlooking their stadium? I'd start here if I were designing a new badge.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 15.10.05.png

See I already knew the process and I can see what they were going for but I don't see black and white stripes, I see two poorly tacked together J's. I get what they were going for but I think it looks awful.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed. The beak is definitely not Robin-like.

@Spike Can you work on a few tweaks accordingly?

Head, beak, wings, eyebrow removal?

I'll give it a go at some point, however I'm yet to see a Robin that looks "right" because Robins have such a puffy shape. I've said many times before I'm not a big fan of the Robin, mainly because I just don't find it to be an interesting creative in terms of it's looks.
I did make a badge with the Robin on but it didn't go down well :laugh:

TnT7nPN.png

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

Please no.   

No wings?? 

(probably symbolic right now tbf) 

Archived