IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

See I already knew the process and I can see what they were going for but I don't see black and white stripes, I see two poorly tacked together J's. I get what they were going for but I think it looks awful.

I'll give it a go at some point, however I'm yet to see a Robin that looks "right" because Robins have such a puffy shape. I've said many times before I'm not a big fan of the Robin, mainly because I just don't find it to be an interesting creative in terms of it's looks.
I did make a badge with the Robin on but it didn't go down well :laugh:

TnT7nPN.png

I'll always vote for the existing robin/bridge that I grew up with, but I have to say that if it must be revamped, this is the only design I have seen that I like. Looks smart. 

On 26/11/2018 at 11:18, RedM said:

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

Incase anyone thinks this is a serious attempt, it isn’t so insult away :laugh:

D7401810-8DE8-4076-A0D4-536F543E6F09.jpeg

You didn't draw the old robin badge, did you?

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

9h3auCt.png

How's that? I built a new Robin from scratch using an actual photograph of a Robin as a reference.

I like this, simple to reproduce and can work well with any two colour combo, doesn’t need lettering or numbers but they could be added above or below depending on the merchandise. As a pure logo I think you got it.

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

14gw3cf.png

How's that? I built a new Robin from scratch using an actual photograph of a Robin as a reference.

Good work @Spike that Robin is a big improvement on the previous one imo., much better design, proportions and shape.

Any reason for not incorporating a bit of breast -  did you think it just wouldn't work?

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good work @Spike that Robin is a big improvement on the previous one imo., much better design, proportions and shape.

Any reason for not incorporating a bit of breast -  did you think it just wouldn't work?

It did have a breast originally but the issue is it looks a little too "block colour" IMO, that said it can work by switching the eye like so:

xvnq4B6.png

or even:

Fj1MSSY.png

or maybe like his breast is a football shirt-ish:

qkH4PGY.png

16 hours ago, Spike said:

I'll give it a go at some point, however I'm yet to see a Robin that looks "right" because Robins have such a puffy shape. I've said many times before I'm not a big fan of the Robin, mainly because I just don't find it to be an interesting creative in terms of it's looks.

Try something without a robin. People saying they want a robin don't realise it isn't an easily workable object to work with. Would be much more interested to see what can be created without it.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

It did have a breast originally but the issue is it looks a little too "block colour" IMO, that said it can work by switching the eye like so:

xvnq4B6.png

or even:

Fj1MSSY.png

qkH4PGY.png

See what it looks like with reverse colours for red home shirts and white logo as this would stand out on a white away shirt.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

xvnq4B6.png

or even:

Fj1MSSY.png

qkH4PGY.png

Quite interesting work. If you add black to your design it will pop, become bolder and draw the eye more to the image..

40 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Quite interesting work. If you add black to your design it will pop, become bolder and draw the eye more to the image..

Yeah, but when you add black you're opening up a third colour meaning that applying it to other colour kits means a lot of colour switching which in many cases doesn't work.

55 minutes ago, TBW said:

Try something without a robin. People saying they want a robin don't realise it isn't an easily workable object to work with. Would be much more interested to see what can be created without it.

Question is what would you use? Without the Robin all that is left realistically is the coat of arms or the stadium, the stadium really doesn't work as a representation of the club.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

xvnq4B6.png

or even:

Fj1MSSY.png

qkH4PGY.png

I love it Spike. Can the red breast be split halfway up? I think the robin can be slightly bigger so his head breaks out above the bridge a bit more. On your first one the birds feet matched the lines on the ball, can the feet look more like that? I think it looks mint!

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

IF the club were to retain the robin and accepting this is a predominately "red" badge on a red shirt, here's an attempt at a "modern" crest with a nod to the past......

Disclaimer.....the robin was nicked form a post earlier in this thread :whistle2:

BCFC2.jpg

Now, I like that!

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

IF the club were to retain the robin and accepting this is a predominately "red" badge on a red shirt, here's an attempt at a "modern" crest with a nod to the past......

Disclaimer.....the robin was nicked form a post earlier in this thread :whistle2:

BCFC2.jpg

Looks like a jam label.

On 25/11/2018 at 23:20, ZiderEyed said:

I suggest you're careful there mate.

Aren't Roma recognised as a race under the Race Relations Act?

The fact that Roma are recognised but Lazio aren’t just shows what an utter farce it all is. Yet again it’s one rule for one and completely different for the other. 

On 28/11/2018 at 12:55, RedRaw said:

BCFC2.jpg

That would make a great with a light source behind it, it already has a neon light feel about it.

I am very positive about a new badge. both the other ones are old - the coat of arms doesn't look good and is generic. The robin badge is nice for a one off but a bit budget. I know bears stuff gets abuse but it all looks great to me, clear and good on kits and branding etc.

I don't expect a robin though - in the minutes from the meeting with LJ et all the other day they said they want something that is more iconic to city and that they didn't think a robin was.

Suspension bridge would be a given, something referencing ashton gate maybe (not the gators!), cider - an apple tree? hmmm....

Archived