IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

1 hour ago, cityed said:

I am very positive about a new badge. both the other ones are old - the coat of arms doesn't look good and is generic. The robin badge is nice for a one off but a bit budget. I know bears stuff gets abuse but it all looks great to me, clear and good on kits and branding etc.

I don't expect a robin though - in the minutes from the meeting with LJ et all the other day they said they want something that is more iconic to city and that they didn't think a robin was.

Suspension bridge would be a given, something referencing ashton gate maybe (not the gators!), cider - an apple tree? hmmm....

Cathy Barry ?

2 hours ago, cityed said:

I am very positive about a new badge. both the other ones are old - the coat of arms doesn't look good and is generic. The robin badge is nice for a one off but a bit budget. I know bears stuff gets abuse but it all looks great to me, clear and good on kits and branding etc.

I don't expect a robin though - in the minutes from the meeting with LJ et all the other day they said they want something that is more iconic to city and that they didn't think a robin was.

Suspension bridge would be a given, something referencing ashton gate maybe (not the gators!), cider - an apple tree? hmmm....

What do bears like?

objects-0213_1024x1024.png

The club invited along a few select people to discuss 'crest development and identity' on Saturday. 

I wasn't invited, but know a couple that were but they couldn't make it. 

Did anybody go, what did the designs look like? 

I have to say, I'm still fearing the worst over this. As I previously mentioned, if they do come up with a new badge, I hope they poll season card holders on whether to stick with the current one or go with the new one. 

12 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

The club invited along a few select people to discuss 'crest development and identity' on Saturday. 

I have to say, I'm still fearing the worst over this. As I previously mentioned, if they do come up with a new badge, I hope they poll season card holders on whether to stick with the current one or go with the new one. 

They won't. They will have carefully selected those who will agree blindly.

Spokes people for this will be Helen Keller who was taken the view of Stevie Wonder.

No objections noted.

On 27/11/2018 at 16:26, Nogbad the Bad said:

BCFC.thumb.png.1cfa6137391f1270294d15a44dd8073d.png

Comparatively tiny head, Denis Healey eyebrow added, and lacking wings?

But things with no wings will never take off...

...Oh, I get it now, makes sense of the fact that they make the players drive past a sign that says “Welcome to Fail-land”  every day now. 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

...Oh, I get it now, makes sense of the fact that they make the players drive past a sign that says “Welcome to Fail-land”  every day now. 

Surely you are not blaming the club for the name of an area that goes back to Roman times? Perhaps you would like us to petition to return to the name that was used in the Middle Ages, Fayland? :) 

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Good one, but of course it's Fai- land, originally 'Fay' apparently, meaning evil elf or fairy, so presumably abbreviated from Fairyland.

Unless anyone knows better?

Neighboring Wraxall, of the same parish, was previously Werocosale, 'Nook of land frequented by the buzzard or other bird of prey.'

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Surely you are not blaming the club for the name of an area that goes back to Roman times? Perhaps you would like us to petition to return to the name that was used in the Middle Ages, Fayland? :) 

Interesting info. But I was thinking more of the psychological/NLP anchoring impact of practicing in Fail-land. T’was nothing but an attempt at post-festive levity. 

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good one, but of course it's Fai- land, originally 'Fay' apparently, meaning evil elf or fairy, so presumably abbreviated from Fairyland.

Neighboring Wraxall, of the same parish, was previously Werocosale, 'Nook of land frequented by the buzzard or other bird of prey.'

And nearby Nailsea

was previously........ ‘Land of the blue trolls’

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They won't. They will have carefully selected those who will agree blindly.

Spokes people for this will be Helen Keller who was taken the view of Stevie Wonder.

No objections noted.

I was asked but wasn't around fwiw

21 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Nothing wrong with the 80,s.......

nor the robin....

Been said before - the Robin is not unique to Bristol City.

What the club want is a logo that’s instantly recognisable at Bristol City like Forest, Wolves, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal ect ect....

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

People need to accept on some form it's gonna be a Robin. Have you not noticed how the club has noticeably used the robins word this season? Hardly a coincidence is it?

Disagree.

I'm looking at it in much the way Robbored states below:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What the club want is a logo that’s instantly recognisable at Bristol City like Forest, Wolves, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal ect ect....

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Maybe the club believe that would be the Suspension Bridge and a great big Robin? :dunno:

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maybe the club believe that would be the Suspension Bridge and a great big Robin? :dunno:

Totally agree, a full rebranding would be awful.  We’d be starting again.  As long as there’s the Suspension Bridge then that’s us.  Couldn’t mistake it for anything else.

17 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

They were very specific when naming places.

20 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Ah Wings .... the band the Beatles could have been

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hear what you're saying Robbo and it's a valid point, but like it or not, Robins is our nickname and our beloved Robin/Bridge crest is iconic in our history and much loved by many of our fans. I'd be sad to see it not included personally.

The early 90s Dry Blackthorn red kit, worn by Andy Cole/Junior Bent and Co for me was the best badge and kit combo we ever had.

On 07/01/2019 at 11:10, Carey 6 said:

Why just ST holder. Is anyone who isn't not worthy of their views being taken into consideration?

23 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Why just ST holder. Is anyone who isn't not worthy of their views being taken into consideration?

Because if they asked SCH, they know the opinions they're getting are only those of their actual fanbase.

They could ask everyone on their database who has a membership as well as SCH, but putting it out as a public poll has potential to be disastrous. There has to be some sort of restriction. 

35 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Because if they asked SCH, they know the opinions they're getting are only those of their actual fanbase.

They could ask everyone on their database who has a membership as well as SCH, but putting it out as a public poll has potential to be disastrous. There has to be some sort of restriction. 

Plenty of us are on their database without holding STs

Get the point that public polls are open to anyone having a say, but they probably know more about me than my Mrs does!

Archived