IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

36 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Unless I misheard, pretty sure Jon Lansdown said on the live Q&A that the new badge will be a redesigned Robin and we'll be using 1894 as the year we were founded...

With no vote for the fans on the final design. Disappointed to hear that. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Anybody else think Jon said that then in his head was like “DOH - Dad said not to mention that” !!

Oh shit - too late !!

pretty confident I am not his Dad and if I am my wife has spent far more than I thought.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

With no vote for the fans on the final design. Disappointed to hear that. 

If it means the return of the robin then I'm glad the fans weren't asked

There was a discussion on twitter last summer (?) about it. Maybe that was the discussion?

11 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Still think this new robin is the one we’ve seen in club comms and on our season tickets. 

Also I thought this was supposed to be about individual identity. Soooo a robin then. Original. 

I’ll wait and see before passing judgement. 

I really hope it isn't, I think I'd rather go back to the Robin we have this season than have something new that the fans haven't signed off on. If it's as bad as I fear it could be I'd rather we had our "Leeds moment" and kick off about it.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it? I hadn’t heard it before....where did you first hear about this? The date change is interesting, and welcomed...

They put out a survey that was basically asking about the Robin.

They brought back the robin badge on the away kit and other merchandise.

The club has heavily used the Robins this season.

The new Vodcast is called the Robins nest.

It really didnt take a lot to figure out we would be having a redesigned robins badge. I posted saying this months ago in this thread.

9 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Get Banksy's Rat on the shirt.  Fiercest than a robin and disliked by most people.

I don't have any strong views either way tbh.  As long as the design is simple and has some association with Bristol City.

Bridge, robin (not cartoony), correct date.  I’ll be more than happy, even if it is ‘modernised’ and a bit more sparse.  The current crest is a mess imo.

Might even buy a shirt for the first time since the Centenery one.  Won’t wear it, but might buy it to pass on to the nephews.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

They put out a survey that was basically asking about the Robin.

They brought back the robin badge on the away kit and other merchandise.

The club has heavily used the Robins this season.

The new Vodcast is called the Robins nest.

It really didnt take a lot to figure out we would be having a redesigned robins badge. I posted saying this months ago in this thread.

Thanks for the reply....I didn’t see the results from the ‘survey’ - what did they reveal? I don’t recall a club statement saying that the Robin was coming back....and the formation year change from 1897 to 1894 - you called it the ‘worst kept secret ever’ - when and where was that announced?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for the reply....I didn’t see the results from the ‘survey’ - what did they reveal? I don’t recall a club statement saying that the Robin was coming back....and the formation year change from 1897 to 1894 - you called it the ‘worst kept secret ever’ - when and where was that announced?

It wasn’t publicly BS4. 

Just the nod to a few of us selected few

?️‍♀️

:whistle:

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I have him on ignore. Should change his name to “Up Himself” and I suspect he tries

Archived