IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Do others agree that this is likely the new badge? 

As seen on back of todays post from the club 

20190221_173624.jpg

I don’t like it as much as I did when it was first mentioned last year although I’d still love to see us have a very simple badge in the same style as Derby or Sheffield Weds and Leicester’s old badges.

IF we are going to use that I think it would look better with no background and no shield around it. That white outline on a fully red shirt would look ok I reckon. 

Fully expect to be in the minority on this one mind. ?

On 16/11/2018 at 13:59, Selred said:

I can 100% guarantee what they will put forward will be awful. 

I cannot agree more, I also wonder how our fans will react based on the fact that this thread alone shows it's impossible to please everyone, it's hard enough trying to please a decent number and there have been a lot of designs posted.

On 16/11/2018 at 14:30, BRISTOL86 said:

At least they’re actually consulting fans. We moan when they don’t and now we’re moaning when they do....

I don't think anyone is moaning that they're consulting, more that they're making a change before the fans have even been asked if they genuinely want to change.

My main concern is that they've already designed the badge and when they do release it they'll refuse to listen to the fans when they say "we don't want it!". Leeds badge was probably one of the worst I've ever seen but they genuinely delivered something awful that could have been any clubs generic badge if you stuck the name over theirs. 

I think we're going to get a Robin but it's very hard to make a Robin that looks modern as this thread proves. Even the Robin being used by the club now that's been mentioned here:

On 16/11/2018 at 14:05, phantom said:

Please not this though !!

image.png

looks like generic clip art and could arguably be mistaken for a whole range of other birds. Hell that could even be confused with the Eastern Bluebird if you checked a blue background behind it, I'm sure that would go down well when our Robin looks as much like a Bluebird as a Robin.

38443538700_34b2d8324a_b.jpg fQFWHn4.png

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Do others agree that this is likely the new badge? 

As seen on back of todays post from the club 

20190221_173624.jpg

Surprised more people havnt seen this before, it's all over the gate (and has been for a while), on season cards and the website. There's a huge one in the sports bar. 

Its been stealthily sneaking in, and I really like it, simple and clean. 

I'm a bit bored of the old stuff now, let's be completely honest the crest is naff, the 'old' robin hasnt aged well. Let's try something new it's 2019 not 1919 people are so scared of change and closed minded. 

12 hours ago, jrt55555 said:

Likewise - I think that's pretty likely. It's been floating around for a year or so now here or there - maybe as a soft launch to gauge reaction. 

Personally I don't dislike it, but would hope some background, etc would be added to make it a little less dull.

With the letters another chance for them to test the water. I'd say the reaction has been positive enough that they'll go with it. I too hope and think there will be more to it.

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Its been stealthily sneaking in, and I really like it, simple and clean. 

I'm a bit bored of the old stuff now, let's be completely honest the crest is naff, the 'old' robin hasnt aged well. Let's try something new it's 2019 not 1919 people are so scared of change and closed minded. 

I agree with you about change, but it looks like it's been done on an etch-a-sketch.

The Swansea crest is basic, but looks classy.

40 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

If it’s anything at all like that I’m going to disown the club and all associated with it. 

Actually I don’t think it’s too bad. I quite like the symbol of a Robin in flight. It’s not an image that I’d considered - but then I’m not a graphic designer..............:dunno:

On 28/11/2018 at 12:55, RedRaw said:

IF the club were to retain the robin and accepting this is a predominately "red" badge on a red shirt, here's an attempt at a "modern" crest with a nod to the past......

Disclaimer.....the robin was nicked form a post earlier in this thread :whistle2:

BCFC2.jpg

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

I'm beginning to like this design

BCFC2.jpg.7f1391d6589f3d3713695270cafc78a1.jpg

My lawyer will be in touch in the morning ?

Archived