IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was a only suggestion  BS4.............there are plenty of qualified graphic designers out there....and they’re paid to come up with ideas.

Fair enough, I’m just worried that our club will give the job to an expensive design agency with zero prior knowledge of Bristol City and we will end up with something hideous because the agency will feel that they have to justify their exorbitant fee by coming up with something completely different. The unique part of our identity to me is The Suspension Bridge - a world famous landmark just up the road which screams ‘Bristol’ .....we just need to add something to that to make it a Bristol City badge.....

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or the Gromits?

Yes oh YES!  Wallace & Gromit riding the motorbike & sidecar, it would go viral and become instantly recognisable.  Wouldn't want Shaun the sheep though.

Ardman could do a little animated gif to go with it. Gromit wagging his tail when we score or Wallace face palming his head when we concede.

5 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

How about this? I honestly think it looks great on this years away kit. It’s unique, simple and has the three main things most people want. I think after a few years of using it again people wouldn’t even need to see the writing around it to know that it’s us either.

21E34D58-5AFB-41B5-9DAE-418CC5BF2C84.jpeg

I think it needs a bit of modernising so it looks less like 90s clip art but I don’t think it needs much to turn it into a really clean looking logo. 

I’d also remove the text, as Wolves did in their latest incarnation, and in time it becomes associated with the club without needing it spelled out. 

58 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think it needs a bit of modernising so it looks less like 90s clip art but I don’t think it needs much to turn it into a really clean looking logo. 

I’d also remove the text, as Wolves did in their latest incarnation, and in time it becomes associated with the club without needing it spelled out. 

Getting there.

Not sure about the spotty ball though, makes the badge look a bit 'young'?  

Maybe change it for the old fashioned panel ball with laces?

(Ouch)

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Yes oh YES!  Wallace & Gromit riding the motorbike & sidecar, it would go viral and become instantly recognisable.  Wouldn't want Shaun the sheep though.

Ardman could do a little animated gif to go with it. Gromit wagging his tail when we score or Wallace face palming his head when we concede.

..... in front of the old fly over?    

If that doesn't say modern Bristol I don't konw what does

17 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

A few more found on the Web if of the Robin persuasion. 

409d6a4026e076ae5cb29f2a79ff4aca.png

6 hours ago, RedRaw said:

If they still retain the robin, I think this is the sort of simplistic logo that BCFC/BS are looking for.

However, for me, it looks like it's just flown into a window.....

It does, however with some work could look decent.  Problem I find with the robin on a lot of badges is they look so whimsical even by modern standards and a robin can be quite an aggressive bird territoriality.  Still, think the above badge would be a step in the right direction, certainly a lot less 'messy' than a coat of arms.   Personally I think having a robin, football and the suspension bridge in one logo would have too much going on.

13 minutes ago, dave36 said:

By the end of the season LJ will have overdone clipping the robins wings and it will have fallen from the suspension bridge and died in the mud, just like our season will end up if someone hasn’t clipped his wings! 

Anyone up to the artwork for that as a badge?

Cmon, do most threads have to turn into LJ bashing? 

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

By the end of the season LJ will have overdone clipping the robins wings and it will have fallen from the suspension bridge and died in the mud, just like our season will end up if someone hasn’t clipped his wings! 

A family member is keen to help, here’s the start

8E40EC18-21B2-4B20-AB56-13798933CD31.jpeg

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

Boring.

13 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

How about this? I honestly think it looks great on this years away kit. It’s unique, simple and has the three main things most people want. I think after a few years of using it again people wouldn’t even need to see the writing around it to know that it’s us either.

21E34D58-5AFB-41B5-9DAE-418CC5BF2C84.jpeg

This for me.. the only thing i would change is the font on the Bristol City.. that current lettering looks a bit cheap and amateurish 

Archived