Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Yozzarian

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

18 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I don't think I need to explain that. With the greatest respect, just because it's on a fans memorial doesn't mean it's not a horrible childish  picture 

With the greatest respect if it was all these things it would never have been done. Not one person has ever made the points you have.

Just now, Three Lions said:

With the greatest respect if it was all these things it would never have been done. Not one person has ever made the points you have.

I said I agree with him.

1 minute ago, Three Lions said:

Ok, I really don't want to fall out with anyone over it.  Maybe my opinion was a bit strong, but I simply don't like it.  I appreciate to people might, so I'm genuinely sorry if it caused offense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Ok, I really don't want to fall out with anyone over it.  Maybe my opinion was a bit strong, but I simply don't like it.  I appreciate to people might, so I'm genuinely sorry if it caused offense. 

Fair play. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

Incase anyone thinks this is a serious attempt, it isn’t so insult away :laugh:

D7401810-8DE8-4076-A0D4-536F543E6F09.jpeg

I wondered if the stadium was to be used in the new badge, it is a symbol that appears on a number of things already

It's a thumbs up from me

• Unicorn 1

Personally, I hope that Jon doesn't forget a nod to our street art heritage, just like they did to great effect with the comic sans training top from last season.

Because that bit of design went down a storm.

• Like 1

Maybe ask Banksy to make one in the form of a easy simple stencil - see what he comes up with (does he have a ego, wouldn't want to upset him if we think it's crap and don't use it) or would it be to "capitalist" for him - 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Ok, I’ve had enough of clever people on paint etc, I can’t do anything like that so I got the Sharpies out, well one step up from Crayloa. This is a VERY rough idea, cos I can’t be arsed to do it again. Sorry about colours as I did it in black biro first then coloured over so look weird and of course the sizing is wrong. But it’s relatively simple, and SL does love his stadium...

A couple of tweeks  and I think we have a winner,change the red at the bottom to a muddy River Avon brown,and put three stars across the top, to signify the number of piss pot trophy wins.

Edited by NOTBLUE
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

Are you really that upset that some people don’t like your designs? Deary me

Not at all, I honestly am used to it. That said, why should I accept childish insults? I do like these forums but saying someone artwork looks like it's done by a 12 year old when time and effort has put into it is a pretty shitty attitude to have. 

I'll never understand sum people on these forums as they can be very quick to insult the club but when the fans try to get together and produce something we can be proud of to submit to the club you have that small minority who would rather throw childish insults for some "forum reputation boost" 

When this club ultimately drops its new design and it is awful the only people we'll have to blame is ourselves because rather than banding together and trying to create something we're all happy with we resort to childish arguing and 1-up-manship. 

I can accept people not looking my designs, what I don't want to have to accept is a badge like Leeds put out only for Bristol Sport to stick with it as they know their is no pleasing the fans. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not at all, I honestly am used to it. That said, why should I accept childish insults? I do like these forums but saying someone artwork looks like it's done by a 12 year old when time and effort has put into it is a pretty shitty attitude to have. 

Why waste your time in the first place?

The club have never come out and asked people to design a badge for the club

I think half the problem is that a Robin in predominantly brown, and brown is quite a dated colour. It’s a hard colour to get excited about unless you go with the copper gold tones. Grey has had a revival, but not brown so much. Shame we haven’t got a golden anniversary or something coming up. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I think half the problem is that a Robin in predominantly brown, and brown is quite a dated colour. It’s a hard colour to get excited about unless you go with the copper gold tones. Grey has had a revival, but not brown so much. Shame we haven’t got a golden anniversary or something coming up. 

Gold is a cracking shout. To be fair, that was what i was aiming for, but I'm literally using a more modern version of paint haha

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Final one of the day... 

BristolCityConceptBadge.png

Well done Badg, that's not a bad effort at all.

Would look good with a gold star in the bridge arch, if anybody asked what it represented we could tell them to mind their own business!

10 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Well done Badg, that's not a bad effort at all.

Would look good with a gold star in the bridge arch, if anybody asked what it represented we could tell them to mind their own business!

A gold star for each of our 3  freight rover/Johnstone's Paint/LDV Vans Trophies.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gifford said:

A gold star for each of our 3  freight rover/Johnstone's Paint/LDV Vans Trophies.

Or a gold star for each year we've been above the Sags.

That'll do it.  In fact, don't bother with the crest, just have the stars.

That'll be unique!

16 hours ago, TBW said:

Sooooo outdated. People need to let it go.

Or a case of class being permanent. I guess many people think it ain't broke so don't need fixing

58 minutes ago, Gifford said:

I've been messing around with @Badger08 picture hope he doesn't mind. Looks good with 3 stars

BristolCityConceptBadge.png.4d8dc72b092b4d4c40738b468de6c547.png

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'VE GOT A FEELING IT'S GOING TO BE SIMILAR TO THIS...

bcfc.png

I’d agree but just the robin without the BC.

Perhaps a surreptitious release to gauge informal opinion when largely decision made? 

Could be wrong but did cross my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nbafc said:

Or a case of class being permanent. I guess many people think it ain't broke so don't need fixing

It's not class though and is broken.

And these many people, I wouldn't trust as forward thinking.

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I’ve now got the music from Tony Hart’s gallery in my head.  You bugger! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

bcfc.png

I think you might be right.

Not keen on it, though. I'd much prefer the robin/Suspension Bridge badge - if any badge is iconic for Bristol City it's that one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Why waste your time in the first place?

The club have never come out and asked people to design a badge for the club

So your reply is "don't bother trying to create something the fans want, the club doesn't want to please the fans"?

Simply put, I want a crest/badge that I'm not embarrassed to have representing the club. I mean how would you feel if the club came out with something like this monstrosity?

Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-12-06-06_trans

2 hours ago, Offside said:

I think you might be right.

Not keen on it, though. I'd much prefer the robin/Suspension Bridge badge - if any badge is iconic for Bristol City it's that one.

I see that as a pigeon not a Robin though, but yes I think you are right as this image has been used in the background by the club for a while now.

10 hours ago, RedM said:

tried to redo it with what I think the robin would be like if we went that direction, again like you I'm no wizkid on paint 😂

Robin City.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

bcfc.png

Just screams out Palace to me, sadly.

Not for me. 

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not for me. 

Yup, I can’t decide pigeon or eagle to be honest

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Not for me. 

At the end of the day...whatever the Club choose, it won't please everyone. In the same way fans are divided with our present crest.

It would be interesting to know how much the cost will be to rebrand and replace every present crest at the Club and Academy etc.

The best 'modern' rebrand I've seen in recent years is the Juventus one.

I didn't like it at first...but it really works.

On 24/11/2018 at 12:15, Spike said:

So I just spent a little time with Magic Man's concept (which is great and has been received well) and made a few changes, one suggested by @BS4 on Tour... about the Robin facing the Mem and my own change to make the Bridge easily identifiable by those who do not realise what it is.

I also included the design in a few colour schemes that it may be used with:

YqwC9GE.png

KNfVSgv.png

1o4GZqh.png

0CvPwZv.png

The best one I’ve seen so far is the 3rd one down.

That needs the least work I’ve seen. The bridge is perfect imo, I like the way the ball slots in nicely under the Robin and the year established.

The Robin needs a little work and possibly the colouring, but apart from that, that’s spot on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

At the end of the day...whatever the Club choose, it won't please everyone. In the same way fans are divided with our present crest.

It would be interesting to know how much the cost will be to rebrand and replace every present crest at the Club and Academy etc.

The best 'modern' rebrand I've seen in recent years is the Juventus one.

I didn't like it at first...but it really works.

Absolutely.

Just hope this survey was legitimate and a decision wasn’t already made.

I like to think I’m not asking a lot but if it features a Robin, bridge, football, est and Bristol City FC, then I’ll be over the moon. 

What else can it really be? The club want something that has ‘identity’ and represents City..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

bcfc.png

24 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Not for me. 

Nothing like Palace to me.....on the same thought, lots of other clubs wear red.....does our kit scream out Man Utd to you? Perhaps we should not wear red anymore....

7EBFE296-A176-46DD-87C8-72051C666327.png

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing like Palace to me.....on the same thought, lots of other clubs wear red.....does our kit scream out Man Utd to you? Perhaps we should not wear red anymore....

7EBFE296-A176-46DD-87C8-72051C666327.png

Oh Really?

How about Barnsley, Forest, Liverpool, Rotherham, Middlesbrough etc.

That’s really your argument?..

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Oh Really?

How about Barnsley, Forest, Liverpool, Rotherham, Middlesbrough etc.

That’s really your argument?..

No, but I’ve read posts on here saying things like ‘lots of clubs are called the robins, we need something unique, we shouldn’t have a robin on our badge’...but in the same way, lots of clubs wear red, it’s not unique to us....should we change that?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, but I’ve read posts on here saying things like ‘lots of clubs are called the robins, we need something unique, we shouldn’t have a robin on our badge’...but in the same way, lots of clubs wear red, it’s not unique to us....should we change that?

No..

Bit of a poor argument you’re trying to make.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

No..

Bit of a poor argument you’re trying to make.

I don’t think it’s poor....but you’re also ignoring the fact that the suggested badge on which you commented looks nothing like the Palace badge whatsoever....

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think it’s poor....but you’re also ignoring the fact that the suggested badge on which you commented looks nothing like the Palace badge whatsoever....

So the suggested badge looks like a robin to you? 

If the suggested badge wasn’t red and you saw a glimpse of it, I’m sure many would shout ‘Palace’

Do robins have eyebrows? And are they always angry eyebrows? I’m not saying I want our robin to be happy, but maybe neutral rather than angry!

anyway, come on people. This our chance to be heroes. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Spike said:

So your reply is "don't bother trying to create something the fans want, the club doesn't want to please the fans"?

Simply put, I want a crest/badge that I'm not embarrassed to have representing the club. I mean how would you feel if the club came out with something like this monstrosity?

Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-12-06-06_trans

Exactly

The club don't want supporters to design a badge, you'd have to be very naive to think they have not sorted one already and are just doing their usual lip service for the fan base

It's as sad as the annual kit designs people do every summer

BUT if people want to waste their time, let them carry on!