IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

Not sure if I have missed something but where has this design come from - is it your design?

No it's not my original design. I just saved it to my laptop just to see if I could make any changes for my own interest. I think altered the tail because i didn't like the original one, the date needed changing too. But whatever changes I make on any designs it's still not my design.

All these designs are interesting, but aren't the club looking towards a simple basic image, easy to replicate on merchandise and unique to us?

Something like Swansea and Wolves have.

I'm not so sure the new robin is what we'll end up with. 

On 19/03/2019 at 21:26, Westcountry Robins said:

I like it but would be better if the robin was in proportion to the bridge. I like this too it’s kid friendly, not one for the kit but would look great on a key ring or snow globe in the shop

D7468397-1A96-4BC3-96EC-16D1BB0CEFCA.jpe

We have a winner!

Tbh I’d expected this to have been unveiled by now, especially with STs having been on sale for a while. Surely that would’ve been the ideal way to launch it?

Maybe Daddy didn’t like Jon’s design and has banned him from playing with crayons for a while. 

46 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Tbh I’d expected this to have been unveiled by now, especially with STs having been on sale for a while. Surely that would’ve been the ideal way to launch it?

Maybe Daddy didn’t like Jon’s design and has banned him from playing with crayons for a while. 

I think had we been comfortably mid table with no chance of going up or down then it would have been released by now.

As we are in the hunt for the play offs there is zero chance of it being released due to the uproar it's likely to cause and that could cause a distraction.

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:55, RedRaw said:

IF the club were to retain the robin and accepting this is a predominately "red" badge on a red shirt, here's an attempt at a "modern" crest with a nod to the past......

Disclaimer.....the robin was nicked form a post earlier in this thread :whistle2:

BCFC2.jpg

BCFC2.jpg

11 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Not sure if I have missed something but where has this design come from - is it your design?

It was something I knocked up back in November. Threshing Red has just replaced the 1897 with 1894 in line with what the club has suggested it will do.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not designed by an ornithologist ( or even someone who likes birds ) 

Another design with a robin in flight - like it. Not sure about the suspension bridge tho...

Maybe the logo should get away from the Robin, it’s not unique to our club and use something that is unique to Bristol - the suspension bridge............:dunno:

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

All these designs are interesting, but aren't the club looking towards a simple basic image, easy to replicate on merchandise and unique to us?

Something like Swansea and Wolves have.

I'm not so sure the new robin is what we'll end up with. 

That would be my guess too, and it would bring it inline with the easily recognisable Bears logo. The Bears logo was widely slammed on launch but it seems to be accepted now. I really do think the club will be looking for something simple, uncluttered and easily reproduced as you say, maybe only using two colours, white on red, black on white, purple on lime or whatever. 

The new Robin has been on all the ST paperwork and I don’t think that wouldn’t have been used if it wasn’t the design or at least featured in it.

whatever it will be it will split the fans as ever.

BREAKING NEWS: 

Not to be outdone, once again, by those pesky ‘Teds, Bristol Rovers FC are aiming to capture the global market with a rebrand at the start of the 2019/20 season. 

A club spokesman has confirmed; “our mangnificant, forward thinking owners believe, in light of our global popularity, that we should modernise our image and create a brand that is instantly recognisable as “Bristol Rovers”. 

Following extensive research amongst both of our supporters, it has been agreed that having a camp sailor adorn our sacred & unique quarters, no longer signifies the true meaning of what Bristol Rovers Football Club are, and wish to represent, moving forward. 

Our new home and away shirts will adorn a new, sleek, modern design, emcompassing all that Bristol Rovers stand for. There have been many ideas drawn up by our highly professional design team (based in a very expensive office in London) and we have all agreed that the new design perfectly illustrates what Bristol Rovers are and the level of respect that we hold for Gashead’s across all four corners of the Globe. 

We are prowed and delighted to give you, the NEW Bristol Rovers, 2019..! 

D1C0F2B8-9C93-4F1B-B4D3-DAC59E192D8A.jpeg

23 hours ago, Riaz said:

Go back to the old robin badge. Jobs a good un.

Unfortunately i dont think thats gonna happen. Just hope we dont embarass ourselves like Leeds did.

No-one could possibly embarrass themselves quite like Leeds did (Unless you change your blue kit to red because it's considered a lucky colour......)!  That was a shocker!

4 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Surely The FAN were consulted on this?

The club got rid of the FAN over a year ago when we told them we didn’t like what they were proposing about season tickets. Or at least they told us we could continue to meet, but no one from the club would be liaising with us any more. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

The club got rid of the FAN over a year ago when we told them we didn’t like what they were proposing about season tickets. Or at least they told us we could continue to meet, but no one from the club would be liaising with us any more. 

**** this club, hahahah.

Archived