IGNORED

Checkatrade trophy : Vale Vs Stoke (Merged)

phantom

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Been done to death already - long before you joined otib.

Ha, you think? I'd check again on when I joined...

Rum - he'll always get stick for it. Why wouldn't he? It's our rivals, and he admitted driving all the way up to Wembley, just for a free ticket to go watch the blue few. I'd be worried if he didn't get ribbed for it to be honest! Especially if you're gonna admit it on city forum. I guess because the gulf is so big now between city and rovers, and it isn't such a big deal now (still odd in my opinion, couldn't think of anything worse than spending the day watching Cardiff or rovers) 

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

Really don’t understand the stick RR gets for this?  Many of us have friends who support other clubs that we’d do anything for.  Friends over football rivalry for me anytime.

Quite right bu lost  on Akita unfortunately...............:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite right bu lost  on Akita unfortunately...............:facepalm:

On who sorry? 

Nothing is lost on me, you have my word on that. What you do in your free time is entirely up to you. But if I had the choice of doing something productive, fun, or chilling, I'd pick that all day everyday, over driving a load of gasheads up the M4 to go and watch them play in a play off final. The thought of seeing the gas cheering and celebrating if they win. Just can't imagine you sat down, not getting 'involved' if they scored. You're at Wembley after all... 

Just a strange thing for a city fan to do in my opinion. So, nothing is lost on me. And, as for your remark about long before I joined OTIB, I sense some subtle backtracking on that one, considering we joined the same day, when it had moved from the old server/system to the new one.... 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

And?  :dunno:

It’s partly your fault that they take such unrivalled numbers to these games. More than any other club ever have, or possibly could, or would ever be able to take. 

It’s partly your fault that they are the best supported club on the planet..! 

Did one of those Rovers fans ferry you and your mates to Wembley when we played there..? 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s partly your fault that they take such unrivalled numbers to these games. More than any other club ever have, or possibly could, or would ever be able to take. 

It’s partly your fault that they are the best supported club on the planet..! 

Did one of those Rovers fans ferry you and your mates to Wembley when we played there..? 

This is desperately dull subject. It was  at least 10 years ago ffs............:disapointed2se:

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

..sat and watched the game with them 

Of course they were/are mates of mine DB - sadly one of them passed away almost two years ago and I went to his funeral - you gonna slag me of for going to a gasheads funeral and wake? Jeez............:disapointed2se:

I had the last laugh tho as he’s buried in Bemmy down graveyard - over looking Ashto Gate.............:rofl2br:

12 hours ago, RumRed said:

Really don’t understand the stick RR gets for this?  Many of us have friends who support other clubs that we’d do anything for.  Friends over football rivalry for me anytime.

Agree, it's being an absolute puss when meeting GJ he should get stick for ;)

14 hours ago, RumRed said:

This. 

Many years ago. I used to drive my Swindon mates to grounds l had never been to. They would pay fuel and for my ticket. Didn’t really care about the result . Although honestly really enjoyed some of them. Just another ground ticked off. I never went to any of their Wembley or premier league games though. I’m sorry it had to be Swindon though Robbored   ?

1 hour ago, City exile 79 said:

Many years ago. I used to drive my Swindon mates to grounds l had never been to. They would pay fuel and for my ticket. Didn’t really care about the result . Although honestly really enjoyed some of them. Just another ground ticked off. I never went to any of their Wembley or premier league games though. I’m sorry it had to be Swindon though Robbored   ?

The guys I drove upto Wembley thought it would be amusing if I drove them up knowing full well that was a ST holder at AG. 

The guy who passed away a couple of years ago said that if they hired the mini bus and bought my ticket would I drive them up as they all wanted to go on the lash and I agreed, especially as new Wembley had just opened and chance to see it.

I can’t even remember who they played...........

On 18/11/2018 at 10:06, 22A said:

I noticed in one recent game, one of the Arsenal players had his squad number on the shirt back.........87. Will he ever get near the first team?

Probably the number of £'000 he is getting paid every week...........

The reason why Bedtner had 52 on his shirt when he was at Arsenal.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

The guys I drove upto Wembley thought it would be amusing if I drove them up knowing full well that was a ST holder at AG. 

The guy who passed away a couple of years ago said that if they hired the mini bus and bought my ticket would I drive them up as they all wanted to go on the lash and I agreed, especially as new Wembley had just opened and chance to see it.

I can’t even remember who they played...........

I’m off to see Crawley tomorrow because a mate invited me, game means bugger all to me but live football with a friend why say no?  Btw who is it we have on loan at Southend?  Or did I imagine it?

OS seems a bit crap on our loanees unless I’ve completely missed it.

Vale fans are in uproar because they were selling tickets for the Railway Paddock (Home end) to excess Stoke supporters. Bit like if we were away to the Gas, and they were boycotting the match and we took seats in their home end. However, those sales were pulled and it looks like Stoke are just now being given the away end. 4k+ Stoke fans, and about 2000 Vale fans as the majority are boycotting it due to the tournament and playing U21 sides. The only reason those fans are going is because it's a local derby and there's guaranteed a punch up and due to the last time the played each other was indeed 2002. I think in the same tournament, Stoke took about 70 away to Morecambe.

15 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

Vale fans are in uproar because they were selling tickets for the Railway Paddock (Home end) to excess Stoke supporters. Bit like if we were away to the Gas, and they were boycotting the match and we took seats in their home end. However, those sales were pulled and it looks like Stoke are just now being given the away end. 4k+ Stoke fans, and about 2000 Vale fans as the majority are boycotting it due to the tournament and playing U21 sides. The only reason those fans are going is because it's a local derby and there's guaranteed a punch up and due to the last time the played each other was indeed 2002. I think in the same tournament, Stoke took about 70 away to Morecambe.

:rofl2br:

Archived