IGNORED

Checkatrade trophy : Vale Vs Stoke (Merged)

phantom

On 16/11/2018 at 22:17, phantom said:

I understand how the tournament is becoming more and more devalued from when we won it a few years ago, but there was an interesting tie drawn out earlier that caught my eye. 

Port Vale Vs Stoke City U21's

It does not seem that long ago they were playing in the same league as each other, but in footballing terms is this the equivalent of being lapped in a race? 

Got me thinking, surely we are closer to playing those non entities up the road in this tournament than in any league fixture anytime soon? 

It will be interesting to see what kind of interest there is in the Vale vs Stoke match as I'm sure if it was down here the crowds would be interesting 

Well spotted Phants.

Local Stoke coverage of last night's events:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/vale-park-away-end-trashed-2292589

Looks like there will be quite a few Stoke thugs unable to attend the City game in a few weeks once the CCTV from last night has been studied.

Having said that, as I remember it the overwhelming majority of them at that Wembley final looked bloody rough.

On 17/11/2018 at 17:42, Owl Visiting said:

I think it's a disgrace what they've done with the competition to be honest, using the pathetic excuse that football league fans would be excited to see Chelsea U21's is laughable. It shows how out of touch the people at the top of the game are with the lower leagues, and is the first step towards allowing Premier League B teams into the football league. (If that does happen I'm definitely done).

It hasn't even raised the profile of the competition either, the media almost seems to have joined the fans and clubs in protest by giving it almost zero coverage. It's almost like it no longer exists.

Fantastic post, spot on. You should work for the FA! 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well spotted Phants.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/vale-park-away-end-trashed-2292589

Looks like there will be quite a few Stoke thugs unable to attend the City game in a few weeks once the CCTV from last night has been studied.

Having said that, as I remember it the overwhelming majority of them at that Wembley final looked bloody rough.

A number of 34 year olds from Newcastle involved going by that link.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well spotted Phants.

And that was just the women...

Just saw some of the photographs from what some of the knuckle dragging Stoke [fans, supporters?] did while visiting Port Vale's ground.  They must be so proud!??.............What did you do when you were a young man Dad?  'I spent my evenings smashing up toilets, and sinks, gave em' hell son'  The anger on the faces of that mob?.............Boy! they really did not like those toilets!

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Just saw some of the photographs from what some of the knuckle dragging Stoke [fans, supporters?] did while visiting Port Vale's ground.  They must be so proud!??.............What did you do when you were a young man Dad?  'I spent my evenings smashing up toilets, and sinks, gave em' hell son'  The anger on the faces of that mob?.............Boy! they really did not like those toilets!

Complete drongos

Luckily some don’t have the brain to think it might not be so good to do it whilst yer mate videos it

Knock Knock

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Complete drongos

Luckily some don’t have the brain to think it might not be so good to do it whilst yer mate videos it

Knock Knock

I remember some years ago seeing a (Police?) photo of some young lad hanging out of the passenger window of a speeding, stolen car, in Bournemouth if my memory serves me correctly, flicking two fingers at the speed camera they had just passed.

The photo captured his face perfectly, but I never did find out whether he was traced and charged/convicted.

Archived