IGNORED

Leeds united sold out for home fans? (Merged)

walsh left foot

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Compared to the £37 just to get into the away end, this deal seems very reasonable

image.png

I just want to write 

37 quid to watch a game of football and let it sink in .

41 pence a minute ( in normal time ) 

The time taken for a throw in ,  a quid .

Two quid or more when one of the precious athletes falls to the ground as a slight breeze ruffles his barnet .

Would you willingly pay a quid to watch a footballer take a throw in ? 

It really is so out of touch with the people watching the game .

TOO EXPENSIVE. 

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I just want to write 

Two quid or more when one of the precious athletes falls to the ground as a slight breeze ruffles his barnet .

TOO EXPENSIVE. 

About the same cost as a pint of shitty Carling, a glass of wine, a box of fireworks.

Is £33 at City or Sheffield United that much different? When does it suddenly become 'in touch'?

If it was 'out of touch' then 33,000 people wouldn't have paid those prices (not withstanding concessions etc) ten days before the game. For the record about 8,000 of those sales are to kids and their parents.

What you're saying is that in your opinion it's too expensive and that you wouldn't pay it. No business has a moral duty to price its product below what the market will pay. I don't like, it, you don't like it, not many people like it, but something is only too expensive if there is surplus stock left when you can no longer sell it.

And although you can't yet buy tickets for March let's say we were playing in February. The cheapest rail ticket I can find via Split fares is around £100. My taxi and from to the station works out at 70p a minute. My Egg and Bacon Muffin breakfast costs me about a quid a minute.

Life's expensive. Especially leisure. 

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I just want to write 

TOO EXPENSIVE. 

Oh, and you seem to be saying that it takes two and a half minutes to take a throw in. 

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

Oh, and you seem to be saying that it takes two and a half minutes to take a throw in. 

Sorry I rattled your cage Mr Ashton but ' yes , I do think going to football is too expensive.

I also believe that the chasm in reality between those in the game and the supporters will eventually kill interest in live football off completely.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry I rattled your cage Mr Ashton but ' yes , I do think going to football is too expensive.

I also believe that the chasm in reality between those in the game and the supporters will eventually kill interest in live football off completely.

Not at all rattled, just perplexed as to why some people expect football to be cheaper than other forms of entertainment, or make comparisons which they don't translate to other leisure pursuits.

There is no sign that live football is going to be killed off. The away fan issue does present a challenge, I agree, but as I tried to illustrate the costs of going away from Bristol to Leeds or vice versa aren't to be found in a fiver or even tenner ticket price. It's the cost of trains, hotels, food and drink. 

No-one ever, surely, made a decision on whether they could afford a 400+ mile round journey with its attendant costs because of a fiver or so on the ticket price?

6 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Sold about 700 for this. Should nudge 1k if there’s POTD.

At risk of sounding like SCRB.... anyone else on the 745 out of TM?

Think I read somewhere that Leeds won't do POTD for away fans if home tickets sold out to stop home fans buying tickets in away end.

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Think I read somewhere that Leeds won't do POTD for away fans if home tickets sold out to stop home fans buying tickets in away end.

Correct.

If previous games are anything to go on City will announce it sometime on Thursday to ensure that they get as many people buying in advance before they create a (very small) panic to get the last few sales. 

Even if it was pay on the day I can't see 300 fans driving up to pay the £5 matchday surcharge to the already expensive ticket price.

59 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Correct.

If previous games are anything to go on City will announce it sometime on Thursday to ensure that they get as many people buying in advance before they create a (very small) panic to get the last few sales. 

Even if it was pay on the day I can't see 300 fans driving up to pay the £5 matchday surcharge to the already expensive ticket price.

I was gonna POTD but will sort it Friday morning now. Think our sales will just about nudge 1k which isn’t bad given the prices.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:54, walsh left foot said:

We must be a bigger deal than we think?!

83AA8F95-85D5-4343-853F-18A2C170D59A.jpeg

Think it's the novelty of a Saturday 3pm KO and the fact the game isn't being televised by Sky that is the main factor here. Oh, and despite the bad defeat at West Brom, we're still doing quite well.

45 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Think it's the novelty of a Saturday 3pm KO and the fact the game isn't being televised by Sky that is the main factor here. Oh, and despite the bad defeat at West Brom, we're still doing quite well.

It's the fastest selling home game since Newcastle a couple of years back.

A shame when a Saturday 3pm kick off is the exception rather than the rule.

26 minutes ago, daored said:

Just out of interest what’s going on outside the club shop and by the statue. Got the park & ride and all being dug up 

No doubt the next phase of Bremner Square. Fans are paying £60 a pop to have a stone plaque with their name on it surrounding the Bremner Statue. Loads are already down there, this is the next phase for those who have coughed up the necessary readies. Seems to be turning into a nice little money-spinner. 

Archived