IGNORED

England v Croatia

Red Army 75

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I thought Southgate was a lame, uninspired appointment. Good god he’s made me look a nause. Best year for the England football team in a long old time.

I was exactly the same with Southgate. Safe appointment an FA man....blah blah....but after the World Cup my opinion hanged and he continues to impress.

Today was very enjoyable to watch!

That was so much better than we ever played in the WC in my view. A real ‘English’ performance.

What a fantastic way to give meaning to ‘friendlies’. Most likely us, Portugal, Belgium (outside shot for Sweden) and Holland. Second semi final in 12 months.

Apart from anything else...enjoyable!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The gas lose and drop into relegation zone

We beat the Croats 

Jack Leach spins us to a test series win

And City Don’t slide further down the table

All in all a very palatable international break ......

Plus Swindon got stuffed at home.....that always cheers me up!

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Kane with a good poacher's goal but MoM? Do me a favour. Great to see them come back and hold on to the win. GS is definitely proving me wrong too.

Played a brilliant through ball to Sterling in the first half. 

Set up the equaliser. 

Scored the winner. 

When it mattered most, he delivered today. He may not have been involved in every minute of the match, but he played a huge part in us winning that today. 

6 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Best England game at Wembley since the rebuild. Really good atmosphere in the last 15 minutes as we got the two goals to win it. 

Bring on Porto / Guimarães next June - I booked flights a few minutes ago. Will be great to go back to Portugal, where England haven’t played since 5 games in 2004. 

Will be heading out there mate , Great in 2004 . Will try and catch up for a beer ? 

14 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Best England game at Wembley since the rebuild. Really good atmosphere in the last 15 minutes as we got the two goals to win it. 

Bring on Porto / Guimarães next June - I booked flights a few minutes ago. Will be great to go back to Portugal, where England haven’t played since 5 games in 2004. 

Got your visa......?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great team spirit amongst this grouo

Lots of talent coming through (The U21 performance against Italy in week as good as I’ve seen in 10 yrs or so)

Promising times ahead

Foden and Gibbs-White to add that creativity we lack sometimes in midfield. Exciting times ahead for sure. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Better on left side of a three than the DM he played v USA.  Underrated.

Pep has transformed both his and Sterling’s games.  The bloke might have bundles of cash to spend but he also knows how to get the best out of rough diamonds too 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I was exactly the same with Southgate. Safe appointment an FA man....blah blah....but after the World Cup my opinion hanged and he continues to impress.

Today was very enjoyable to watch!

In the main I've quite enjoyed watching England under Southgate.  

We have some potential superstars coming through and good youngsters:

- Gomez

- Alexander-Arnold (when he replaces Walker in time)

- Chilwell (not phased playing Internationally)

- Delph (underrated, keeps it ticking and driving us forward)

- Rashford (lets consider him as a forward not striker)

Archived