IGNORED

Gazza

myol'man

Gazza has been a scumbag for years. This isn't a new thing, and it's weird how it's taken a court case for opinion of him to shift.

I mean, it wasn't more than a year ago that Gazza, a decade out of retirement, sold out a theatre for one of those "A night with..." shows, where he told a black doorman that all he could see was his teeth. More than a few years ago, his ex-wife published an entire ******* book on how she "escaped" their relationship. The last two decades have been a downward spiral for him.

For the record, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's the product of what happens when a mentally ill person is put on a pedestal, all while the press sniff around him like a hungry dog, waiting for scraps of controversy. Older fans love him because he's a character, and because his attitude reminds them of a time when society accepted them acting like *****, which doesn't help his ability to heal. Finally, social media gives him a permanent platform, with fans and the press having unrestricted access to the thoughts of a man that has had scattered thoughts for most of his life. I won't even go into the whole Roal Moat thing, but it's funny how the only thing people remember of that ordeal is "hur dur, gazzas there with a bucket of chicken what a ledge".

I know the FA have tried to help him once before, but I think there needs to be a coordinated response to this court case, and not one of helping. The FA should agree with the British Press to put a Gagging Order on Gazza, ensuring that he is firmly out of the limelight, so he can start the road to proper recovery. Commit to lifting it only in extreme circumstances, or a few years after he's deemed to have made a full recovery and can rejoin society.

13 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Even what he says is a bit creepy minus the standing up for her part. Sitting next to her and kissing her on the cheek....who does that? Fair enough to confront the person who said it or check she’s okay but sitting next to her and kissing her Is a bit odd.

Odd certainly but hardly criminal.

Anyway ongoing court case so best not to get the thead locked or deleted.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

Gazza has been a scumbag for years. This isn't a new thing, and it's weird how it's taken a court case for opinion of him to shift.

I mean, it wasn't more than a year ago that Gazza, a decade out of retirement, sold out a theatre for one of those "A night with..." shows, where he told a black doorman that all he could see was his teeth. More than a few years ago, his ex-wife published an entire ******* book on how she "escaped" their relationship. The last two decades have been a downward spiral for him.

For the record, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's the product of what happens when a mentally ill person is put on a pedestal, all while the press sniff around him like a hungry dog, waiting for scraps of controversy. Older fans love him because he's a character, and because his attitude reminds them of a time when society accepted them acting like *****, which doesn't help his ability to heal. Finally, social media gives him a permanent platform, with fans and the press having unrestricted access to the thoughts of a man that has had scattered thoughts for most of his life. I won't even go into the whole Roal Moat thing, but it's funny how the only thing people remember of that ordeal is "hur dur, gazzas there with a bucket of chicken what a ledge".

I know the FA have tried to help him once before, but I think there needs to be a coordinated response to this court case, and not one of helping. The FA should agree with the British Press to put a Gagging Order on Gazza, ensuring that he is firmly out of the limelight, so he can start the road to proper recovery. Commit to lifting it only in extreme circumstances, or a few years after he's deemed to have made a full recovery and can rejoin society.

I think that's quite funny what he said to the doorman, people need to relax and get a sense of humour if things like that offend them. 

9 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

I think that's quite funny what he said to the doorman, people need to relax and get a sense of humour if things like that offend them. 

Or, you know, we can accept that we have no idea how it feels to be a black person in a white-dominated society, and allow people to feel offended or enraged at comments white people make about their race/appearance?

4 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Even what he says is a bit creepy minus the standing up for her part. Sitting next to her and kissing her on the cheek....who does that? Fair enough to confront the person who said it or check she’s okay but sitting next to her and kissing her Is a bit odd.

Wasn't it Bobby Robson who called Gazza "daft as a brush"??

Bit harsh on the brush.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No, but that doesn't make it illegal.

Okay, so what is puriatian about not wanting people to go around kissing people uninvited? Surely it's just a respect thing? 

These were strangers too right? 

I'm not saying that all cases are criminal, but they certainly can be and there are historical cases. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Quite, but it is a razor's edge. With PG you never can tell what state he was in, if he's pissed as a fart and then approached a girl and kissed her on the cheek, I think he's falling the wrong side. If it was as innocent as he suggests, I still have some unease with it and think he seriously overstepped the mark; but a hammer to call it a sexual offence. Just damn creepy. 

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It is illegal Eddie

Or should I say leaves one wide open to prosecution, ultimately dependent on the circumstances and the recipients reaction / stance .....if they make a complaint you have a problem....

Not saying whether that’s right or wrong , but it is the case

24 minutes ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Okay, so what is puriatian about not wanting people to go around kissing people uninvited? Surely it's just a respect thing? 

These were strangers too right? 

I'm not saying that all cases are criminal, but they certainly can be and there are historical cases. 

Bollocks.

23 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Quite, but it is a razor's edge. With PG you never can tell what state he was in, if he's pissed as a fart and then approached a girl and kissed her on the cheek, I think he's falling the wrong side. If it was as innocent as he suggests, I still have some unease with it and think he seriously overstepped the mark; but a hammer to call it a sexual offence. Just damn creepy. 

Yes it's creepy.  Court case though?

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It is illegal Eddie

Or should I say leaves one wide open to prosecution, ultimately dependent on the circumstances and the recipients reaction / stance .....if they make a complaint you have a problem....

Not saying whether that’s right or wrong , but it is the case

It is.  It shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bollocks.

Yes it's creepy.  Court case though?

It is.  It shouldn't be.

Why do you want to legalise kissing someone on the cheek? 

Cannot think of any situation when an unwarranted kiss on the cheek should be okay?

6 hours ago, Selred said:

Why do you want to legalise kissing someone on the cheek? 

Cannot think of any situation when an unwarranted kiss on the cheek should be okay?

As with many basic human interactions, and in particular the ludicrous "crime" of being offended, I think that the rule of criminal law should never have intruded in the first place.

I wouldn't have done what Gazza did but if his account is to be believed it was merely a well-intentioned attempt to cheer up someone for whom he felt sorry.

As a consequence of that our under resourced police force have spent many hours putting together a case for the CPS, the CPS will have spent hours considering whether to prosecute, and now the courts will be, in my opinion, similarly wasting their time.

Meanwhile on the street policing is so non-existent that there are no go areas in London and Manchester where residents are afraid to go out overnight because the police who should be protecting them are wasting time on this nonsense.

I'm not saying carte blanche for anything; if he had tried to French kiss her then you would have had a case of sexual assault.

33 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

As with many basic human interactions, and in particular the ludicrous "crime" of being offended, I think that the rule of criminal law should never have intruded in the first place.

I wouldn't have done what Gazza did but if his account is to be believed it was merely a well-intentioned attempt to cheer up someone for whom he felt sorry.

As a consequence of that our under resourced police force have spent many hours putting together a case for the CPS, the CPS will have spent hours considering whether to prosecute, and now the courts will be, in my opinion, similarly wasting their time.

Meanwhile on the street policing is so non-existent that there are no go areas in London and Manchester where residents are afraid to go out overnight because the police who should be protecting them are wasting time on this nonsense.

I'm not saying carte blanche for anything; if he had tried to French kiss her then you would have had a case of sexual assault.

"Tyneside's Silver Tounged Cavalier".......................maybe's it were just a blind date???......

Archived