IGNORED

Gazza

myol'man

59 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

As with many basic human interactions, and in particular the ludicrous "crime" of being offended, I think that the rule of criminal law should never have intruded in the first place.

I wouldn't have done what Gazza did but if his account is to be believed it was merely a well-intentioned attempt to cheer up someone for whom he felt sorry.

As a consequence of that our under resourced police force have spent many hours putting together a case for the CPS, the CPS will have spent hours considering whether to prosecute, and now the courts will be, in my opinion, similarly wasting their time.

Meanwhile on the street policing is so non-existent that there are no go areas in London and Manchester where residents are afraid to go out overnight because the police who should be protecting them are wasting time on this nonsense.

I'm not saying carte blanche for anything; if he had tried to French kiss her then you would have had a case of sexual assault.

You’re a young woman, you’re upset about an argument with a friend. I would be terrified if a weird man, who I don’t know, came up and tried to hug and kiss me.

Think about how that poor girl felt, it’s completely wrong. Would you like a stranger hugging and kissing your wife, girlfriend, daughter? I wouldn’t. I would hope they check they are okay but absolutely no need to actually touch them.

The rest of your argument is ridiculous, a law isn’t to be compared against other laws like knife crime. Each should be taken seriously. 

If someone I didn’t know kissed me on the cheek it would never occur to me that I had been sexually assaulted.

In this situation I would either laugh it off or shove them off. I certainly wouldn’t be reporting anyone. So, am I right or wrong? :dunno:

• Admin
8 minutes ago, RedM said:

If someone I didn’t know kissed me on the cheek it would never occur to me that I had been sexually assaulted.

In this situation I would either laugh it off or shove them off. I certainly wouldn’t be reporting anyone. So, am I right or wrong? :dunno:

I agree with you, but guess the scenario has a lot to do with it?

Gazza has said he moved to sit with this person to put her at ease, and to calm her down- to me she has MASSIVELY over-reacted

If he had walked up to her, made some inappropriate comments then kissed her on the cheek, then that is different

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think this case is only in court because of who he is,and not just "someone she didn't know"

Most people would react the same as you however some people would want  either A) a day in court and/or B)  5 minutes of infamy after dragging up a non story about a celebrity. (tv interviews, more Instagram followers, more inherent facebook friends,  ...)  

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

I agree with you, but guess the scenario has a lot to do with it?

Gazza has said he moved to sit with this person to put her at ease, and to calm her down- to me she has MASSIVELY over-reacted

If he had walked up to her, made some inappropriate comments then kissed her on the cheek, then that is different

Yup exactly. Or if he wasn’t Gazza perhaps I don’t think she would have reported him. No doubt a newspaper has approached her.

31 minutes ago, redsince82 said:

I think this case is only in court because of who he is,and not just "someone she didn't know"

Most people would react the same as you however some people would want  either A) a day in court and/or B)  5 minutes of infamy after dragging up a non story about a celebrity. (tv interviews, more Instagram followers, more inherent facebook friends,  ...)  

Exactly. I wouldn’t want people who have genuinely felt they were assaulted, whether sexually, physically or mentally to feel they couldn’t report it or get help, but there are some times when common sense should prevail too. I’m not saying Gazza isn’t without his problems but it seems just another bashing he is now facing. I hope there are witness’s for both parties who will get to the truth in this. Yes I accept people just shouldn’t go around thinking they can kiss strangers, but as I said this should never have gone to court if common sense had been used.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

You are of course right, although I think that your next visit to Ashton Gate might be a bit trying...

2 hours ago, RedM said:

You are neither right nor wrong.

You wouldn’t mind it or at least would ignore it.  Other people wouldn’t like it and would not want to ignore it.

When I was 14 or 15 I had a hot teacher and I certainly wouldn’t have reported her if she had tried it on with me.  That doesn’t mean I think it is ok for teachers to sleep with teenagers.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

To be fair Phants we know nothing of the case apart from a tweet by Gazza.

Lets hear the full facts first.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

It depends what they were doing in your bedroom in the first place .

56 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

You are neither right nor wrong.

You wouldn’t mind it or at least would ignore it.  Other people wouldn’t like it and would not want to ignore it.

When I was 14 or 15 I had a hot teacher and I certainly wouldn’t have reported her if she had tried it on with me.  That doesn’t mean I think it is ok for teachers to sleep with teenagers.

Rudolph says she wasn't that great so no loss .

• Admin

Doesn't do himself any favors - playing up before his hearing yesterday

I imagine this barrister took a slapping on the wrist yesterday, for letting Gazza where his wig

image.png

It heard the former Spurs, Rangers and Lazio midfielder admitted kissing a woman on a train from York to Newcastle last August — but denied it was sexual.

Gascoigne yelled: “I’m worried to bits - I’m scared”.

He also shouted: “I’ve done nothing wrong”. And when told the matter will be dealt with at a trial in October, he said: “I can’t wait.”

At one point when asked to stop talking, Gascoigne held his hands up and said: “I’m tired . . . I’m sorry.”

Gazza — described by former England boss Sir Bobby Robson as “daft as a brush” — was granted unconditional bail. After the hearing, he jokingly snogged his manager Shane Whitfield.

Mr Mochrie said of his odd encounter with Gazza: “He tried to buy my wig and then asked if I could deal with his case?

He said Gascoigne insisted on the photo and then told him he “smelled nice”.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Doesn't do himself any favors - playing up before his hearing yesterday

I imagine this barrister took a slapping on the wrist yesterday, for letting Gazza where his wig

image.png

It heard the former Spurs, Rangers and Lazio midfielder admitted kissing a woman on a train from York to Newcastle last August — but denied it was sexual.

Gascoigne yelled: “I’m worried to bits - I’m scared”.

He also shouted: “I’ve done nothing wrong”. And when told the matter will be dealt with at a trial in October, he said: “I can’t wait.”

At one point when asked to stop talking, Gascoigne held his hands up and said: “I’m tired . . . I’m sorry.”

Gazza — described by former England boss Sir Bobby Robson as “daft as a brush” — was granted unconditional bail. After the hearing, he jokingly snogged his manager Shane Whitfield.

Mr Mochrie said of his odd encounter with Gazza: “He tried to buy my wig and then asked if I could deal with his case?

He said Gascoigne insisted on the photo and then told him he “smelled nice”.

Madder than a sack of hornets.

20 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Hes loved because he was the last player who gave everything for the england shirt so a fooballing legend ,

If his account is what actually happened what a thing to be dragged into court for ..  

Well that's nonsense.

Archived