IGNORED

Gazza

myol'man

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Well im sure this women will enjoy her day in court.

I’m sure she’d rather not be kissed in the first place. 

She reported a crime, it’s not for her to judge the persons mental state. That’s for the court.

You’re making it sound like she’s doing it because it’s Gazza, and cause he was a good footballer but mentally unstable he should be allowed to kiss who he wants. Don’t you dare suggest she’s doing it for compensation, she’s doing it causes its a crime. 

If Gazza gets found guilty I expect you to come back on here and apologise, and moving forward not judge victims for reporting crimes.

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

So phil wants to drag a person with mental health issues to court for a minute of misguided warmth.

1 word phil compassion.

Ah yes, so the woman should just attribute Sexual Assault as 'misguided warmth' and leave it there?

Absolute nonsense, his status as a footballer has nowt to do with it. 

The witness could see the complainant when she boarded the train. She said she was keeping an eye on PG and watched him hold the complainant’s face and “put his tongue in her mouth” “Because I was sat side on I could see what he’d done”

I would hate to think what else you would describe as 'misguided warmth'.

17 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Man shouldn't be given a pass because he was formerly a good footballer.

Absolute pest and before the fans come out of the woodwork, that could have been your mum, daughter wife sister etc.

No one should have to put up with that.

And my mum,,my daughter's,,my wife,,,any of my sister's would have straightened him out right there & then..

No need for anyone' elses input,,courtcases or any other malarkey...

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

He didnt have a difficult upbringing, he lived in a stable family home.

Anyone who has ever read his autobiography would know that.

Just look at the kindness he showed his family when he made it.

The fried chicken he took to the poor man, i pressume you mean raoul  moat, was chicken sandwiches he made himself.

Like you said phil you werent there, it could be rubbish so dont play judge and jury.

You calling Raoul Moat a poor man ?

10 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Selred if he gets guilty ive gone on record to say i think hes misguided.

If he gets innocent how stupid will marcofisher feel posting things like that?

Hes backing someone hes never heard off.

Well maybe until the jury has decided, then it’s best to stop making any comments. 

I hope no one you care about is ever on the end of any unwanted advances. 

5 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

And my mum,,my daughter's,,my wife,,,any of my sister's would have straightened him out right there & then..

No need for anyone' elses input,,courtcases or any other malarkey...

Not every female is brave enough to put any man "straight" when they are assaulted.

Massive shame some man or men didn't kick the shit out of poor little loveable Gazza when he did it.

I can't see anywhere that Gascoigne has ever denied it or apologised either. 

If this was a random pissed up bloke in the street forcing themselves on a stranger and kissing them as has been described here, I very much doubt there would be such a clamour to try & make excuses for such an attack. 

Gascoigne was a decent footballer for a short while in the 90s, as were countless others. That certainly doesn't give him license to do this. 

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Well mrfisher im pretty sure gazzas solictor will question her on where she was sat on the train and exactly what she saw.

You think he grabbed her and french kissed her infront of his 2 nephews right?

Maybe gazza might have a witness who saw things diffrent.

Two sides to every story after all.

52 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Selred if he gets guilty ive gone on record to say i think hes misguided.

If he gets innocent how stupid will marcofisher feel posting things like that?

Hes backing someone hes never heard off.

Considering he has already told the police that he kissed the woman against her will, not very stupid at all. 

I presume if a random drunken man forcibly kissed your daughter or another member of your family on a train you would consider them to be ‘misguided’ and not committing a crime? 

• The topic was locked
  • Admin

Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne has been found not guilty of sexually assaulting a woman on a train.

The 52-year-old had been accused of "forcefully and sloppily" kissing the fellow passenger on a service from York to Newcastle in August 2018.

The jury is still considering a lesser charge of assault by beating.

Mr Gascoigne wept in the dock and there were cheers of "yes" from the public gallery as the jury delivered its verdict.

He had told Teesside Crown Court he gave the woman a "peck on the lips" to "boost her confidence" after he heard a male passenger call her overweight.

The court heard Mr Gascoigne had been "naive" in kissing the woman, but that it had not been a sexual act.

Judge Peter Armstrong told the jury he was willing to accept a majority verdict on the charge of assault by beating.

He said that "assault by beating" is committed if the defendant "intentionally applies unlawful force to another who does not consent to it"

'Lied and lied and lied'

As he left court, the former Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Rangers, Middlesbrough and Everton midfielder wiped his eye with a tissue and hugged his agent.

Prosecutor William Mousley had told the court that Mr Gascoigne had "lied, and lied, and lied" during the trial, which heard he had been drunk on board the train.

But Michelle Heeley QC, defending, said the former player had no sexual intention.

She said "In his own naive way, he thought he was making a larger woman have more body confidence.

"It's a clumsy way to go about building someone's confidence, but it was not sexual."

Jurors were handed a file of photos showing Mr Gascoigne kissing and being kissed by famous footballers and fans.

A photo of him kissing Diana, Princess of Wales, was also shown to the jury.

Ms Heeley read out character references from former professional boxer Ricky Hatton and Mr Gascoigne's former agent Mel Stein.

Mr Gascoigne broke down as he told the court about what happened on the journey from Birmingham to Newcastle, on 20 August last year.

'Drunken state'

The former footballer, who had been travelling with his nephews, said while passengers were asking for selfies and autographs he heard a man say about a passenger: "What do you want a photo of her for? She's fat and ugly."

Mr Gascoigne told the jury he had previously had trouble with his weight and "automatically" went to sit next to the woman to reassure her.

He said he told her: "You're not fat and ugly, you're beautiful."

Mr Gascoigne was in a "drunken state" when he was arrested, the court was told.

British Transport Police PC Robert Moody said Mr Gascoigne had been drinking beer in a hotel lobby when he arrived to arrest him.

PC Moody said he had spoken to him before travelling to the hotel, telling jurors Mr Gascoigne had said: "I know what it's about, I kissed a fat lass."

• This topic was unlocked and locked
  • Admin

PAUL Gascoigne wept today as he was cleared of sexual assault after kissing a woman on a train for a confidence boost when she was called a "fat lass".

The 52-year-old was accused of grabbing the woman "very forcibly on the lips" before putting his tongue into her mouth as they travelled on a train.

He claimed he was trying to give the woman a "confidence boost" after she was branded a "fat lass" on the service from York to Durham on August 20 last year.

Jurors had been told he "lied, lied and lied" from the beginning - with the ex-Spurs legend breaking down in tears in court as he denied the kiss was sexual.

But they took just two hours and 45 minutes to clear Gazza of sexual assault at Teesside Crown Court.

He was also cleared of an alternative charge of assault by beating this afternoon.

Ex-England star Gascoigne wiped his eye with a tissue and hugged his agent Katie Davies as he left the dock today.

He also bizarrely thanked his dentist after blaming claims he was slurring his words on not having his false teeth in.

The star said: "Thank you, Your Honour, thank you to the jury...and thank you to my dentist.”

Geordie Gazza had allegedly been "shouting and swearing" behind the woman and asked if she was a fortune teller after swigging beer from a milk carton.

He was then said to have "put his hands on her cheeks and kissed her forcefully and sloppily on the lips".

But Gascoigne insisted: “I get kissed all the time. If that’s the case I’ve been sexually harassed for the last 20 years.”

KISSING ROYALTY

Jurors were shown a video of Gascoigne kissing Princess Diana, Wayne Rooney and a host of other celebrities.

But prosecutor William Mousley QC said of Gascoigne's account: "Right from the start, members of the jury, he lied, and lied, and lied.

"He lied right up to the and including the time when he was giving evidence in court yesterday.

"There's an obvious reason as to why he lied, and that's because he knows he is guilty of sexual assault but wants to put up a smokescreen, cause a diversion, suggest it was not as it so obviously was."

"NOT SEXUAL"

In her own closing speech, Michelle Heeley QC, defending, said: "Quite frankly, the defence case is that you cannot be sure that Mr Gascoigne had a sexual intention."

She added: "In his own naive way, he thought he was making a larger woman have more body confidence."

Gascoigne had insisted he has an instinct to "automatically protect" those who are called fat after he was branded "fat b*****d" and battled bulimia in his playing days.

He told the jury he stuck up for her after cruel passengers branded her "fat and ugly".

The retired footballer says he sat next to her and told her: "Listen, you're not fat and ugly" then kissed her on the lips.

He said the kiss itself was "just a little peck" and that no tongue had been involved.

Gascoigne had a beer in his hand when he was later arrested at a hotel and told a cop: "I know what it's about, I kissed a fat lass."

He claimed he had not been drinking heavily and any impression he had been slurring his words was because he did not have his false teeth in.

'HE KISSES EVERYONE'

Former welterweight champion boxer Ricky Hatton, who has been pals with Gascoigne for a number of years, defended the footballer.

He said: "He is very tactile when he meets me, he rushes over and gives me a hug and sometimes kisses me on the cheek, that is the way he has always been."

Top football agent Mel Stein also gave a character reference as he recalled the ex-Newcastle star greeting a rabbi's wife with a hug and kiss at a bar mitzvah.

• The topic was unlocked
42 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Fantastic result.....daft as a brush but the guy doesnt have a bad bone in his body.............well done Gazza

And that's it in a nutshell, OK his life choices maybe flawed, but he has a good heart, and was the best English footballer of a generation. How we love to condemn our heroes, but the thing he has in common with a lot of others is booze.

To be cleared completely seems a little bizarre when he admitted to unwanted physical contact.

I’m not saying he should be locked up with the key thrown away but this type of behaviour needs some retribution.

if it’s not consensual, then it’s not ok.

*edit - also feel for this woman having the phrase ‘fat lass’ banded about about 50 times in various press releases

58 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Fantastic result.....daft as a brush but the guy doesnt have a bad bone in his body.............well done Gazza

Not including when he beat up his ex-wife, had a restraining order against him for harassing an ex-girlfriend, was fined for assaulting a photographer, or admitted racially abusing one of his black bodyguards, I presume?

Unless court documents appear to suggest this woman was completely making it up - which she wasn’t as he admitted it, then it is a complete and utter travesty that he hasn’t been at the very minimum told to apologise to this woman and accept the distress he may have caused

all this mitigation “he kisses everyone” what a load of ******* shit. Yeh yeh and Harvey Weinstein is cool because “that’s how he cast everyone in his films”

I also don’t care much for this comment to sympathisers “well you wouldn’t feel the same if it was your sister/mother whatever” although I appreciate the sentiment - no, how about it’s irrelevant what relation a woman is to someone, how about we  sympathise with this woman, any woman that end up being just another person that happens to be of the long perceived ‘weaker sex’ who we as a society say is there to accept whatever a man decides he wants to do with her. and should feel grateful for the ‘attention’ or call them attention seeking if unwanted contact is received and they complain.

Im absolutely outraged at some of the comments on this topic, and this poisonous insidious attitude towards woman that permeates our society, it’s a disgrace and some people’s lack of understand and concern is callous and terrifying.

Gazza clearly done some terrible things in the past, and maybe still doing them, who knows. 

As a footballer he is probably the most overrated player of all time.

I'm not saying he didn't have some tremendous natural attributes, certainly in those first couple of years with the pace too.

But how many good seasons did he have?

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

...all this mitigation “he kisses everyone” what a load of ******* shit.

Not sure if it was clever or sick that they used footage of him with Princess Diana 

Just throwing this out there, and I am not condoning what he did. But is it a crime to kiss someone without their consent? How many times must this happen in bars and clubs up and down the country on a weekend 

Archived