IGNORED

If we lose to Leeds, don't melt down!

reddogkev

Just getting this in early - no doubt most of us expect City to fall to defeat against Leeds, I bet if you asked ten City fans, at least 8/10 would tip us losing.  So it is with this in mind, I say don't get the knives out again for the team or LJ if this does happen.  This will be a bloody battle of a game, and if we lose, we should take it on the chin and get ready for Ipswich.

What are the chances of calm, rationale thoughts on the back of a defeat at Elland Road?  I only ask, as I'll no doubt want to read this forum over the weekend, and don't want to wade through all the doom and gloom again!

Anyway, here's hoping you can ignore my words and City grab a classic win, or at least bring back a point.

Depends how we lose really doesn't it? If it's like Brentford home last season or, god forbid, last time out, then I'd fully expect the knives to be out, and rightly so. If theres a semblance of fight, and even the slightest sign of improvement since PNE, then a bit of balance is needed.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Too late, I’ve already been to Lidl to buy 15 of their largest cabbages 

Genuinely think LJ looks like a sweet potato so maybe that would've been more apt

Image result for lee johnson

Image result for sweet potato

Nobody can tell me which one is which. Spit of each other. Every time I see LJ on telly I wanna skin him, chop him up and whack him in the oven. Delicious orange-y foodstuff.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Genuinely think LJ looks like a sweet potato so maybe that would've been more apt

Nobody can tell me which one is which. Spit of each other. Every time I see LJ on telly I wanna skin him, chop him up and whack him in the oven. Delicious orange-y foodstuff.

I don't want to worry you, but there's a chance you may be turning into a cannibal!

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I don't want to worry you, but there's a chance you may be turning into a cannibal!

He ******* does look like a sweet potato though doesn't he?

When he wears that tasteful jumper in interviews I can't help but see it. 

Related image

He IS a sweet potato and anyone who says otherwise needs to adjust their eyes.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

JMP_Watford_v_Bristol_City_RS_103JPG.jpg

• Admin
24 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Depends how we lose really doesn't it? If it's like Brentford home last season or, god forbid, last time out, then I'd fully expect the knives to be out, and rightly so. If theres a semblance of fight, and even the slightest sign of improvement since PNE, then a bit of balance is needed.

Exactly this, I'm sure all of us would be a bit more passive if the team actually had a go at the opposition rather than 90 minutes of confused expressions

24 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Exactly! I fully expect to get done 6-0 and my knife is being sharpened 

If they lose, but go down fighting like the second half v Stoke then can't complain....if they bend over and let Leeds in it ain't gunna be pretty round 'ere :D 

I want LJ to succeed but his changing tactics and revolving player door baffle me.....let's hope it's a Swansea away type performance!!

51 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just getting this in early - no doubt most of us expect City to fall to defeat against Leeds, I bet if you asked ten City fans, at least 8/10 would tip us losing.  So it is with this in mind, I say don't get the knives out again for the team or LJ if this does happen.  This will be a bloody battle of a game, and if we lose, we should take it on the chin and get ready for Ipswich.

What are the chances of calm, rationale thoughts on the back of a defeat at Elland Road?  I only ask, as I'll no doubt want to read this forum over the weekend, and don't want to wade through all the doom and gloom again!

Anyway, here's hoping you can ignore my words and City grab a classic win, or at least bring back a point.

the daily mail pools expert has us down for an away win, their recent form has been terrible, but we all know the best thing for any team on a bad run is to play us!

56 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

If they lose, but go down fighting like the second half v Stoke then can't complain....if they bend over and let Leeds in it ain't gunna be pretty round 'ere :D 

I want LJ to succeed but his changing tactics and revolving player door baffle me.....let's hope it's a Swansea away type performance!!

The one under Tinnion?

41 minutes ago, pillred said:

the daily mail pools expert has us down for an away win, their recent form has been terrible, but we all know the best thing for any team on a bad run is to play us!

I'd say average, not terrible.

2 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats in the last 6.

WBA were flattered by the final score, though they undoubtedly deserved to win.

Know people want us to go and have a go- fight and do our best,  but tactically their hit and miss form or not, perhaps a counterattacking perhaps even counterpessing 4-3-3 could be a way to go. As the away side we will have more license to do so, rather than at home where we are expected by fans to press high and take the initiative.

It’s all very well to say a defeat would be OK if it was a good fighting display, but that would be 4 defeats in a row. Based on LJ’s history of presiding over long losing runs, it would be understandable if people had a moan on the forum. I hope City win, but won’t be over excited if we do, as I’d like some long term improvement 

The reaction will be one of the following:

1. we win convincingly with a great display of football - predicted post: WHY can’t we be consistent? LJ Out!

2. we win with a scrappy awful display with a goal ricocheting in off someone’s backside - predicted post: We are awful and a better side would have beaten us. We are doomed. LJ out!

we play well but draw - see first comment

we play badly but draw - see second comment

we play well and lose - see first comment

we play badly and lose - see second comment

game called off/postponed/abandoned - predicted post: it just delayed the inevitable. LJ Out

we win all our remaining games and romp the league - predicted post: Well, so he should after all the investment he has had. Cotts wasn’t backed like Lee has been. Anyway he won’t be able to hack it in the Prem so LJ Out..........

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly! I fully expect to get done 6-0 and my knife is being sharpened 

That's quite alright, if we lose 6-0 I'm bringing a guillotine to the training ground on Monday, I'll lop off all their heads.  I'm expecting (this probably means hoping) City to show a bit of fight on Saturday.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

He ******* does look like a sweet potato though doesn't he?

When he wears that tasteful jumper in interviews I can't help but see it. 

Related image

He IS a sweet potato and anyone who says otherwise needs to adjust their eyes.

Looks more like "Odd Bod" out of "Carry On Screaming".........

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

But this is OTIB.

Seriously though; if City play well, but lose narrowly - OK. If the players give a half hearted performance and get thrashed - then the knives will be out.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I say, just say what you think, not what someone tells you to think :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Are you telling us to think that ? 

I think I am saying, think, then say what you think, better than saying what someone else thinks you should say.....then those thoughts are yours not someone elses.....do you think you have got that now? or do you want to think a bit more thinking time first...then by all means let me know what you think you should say ? ok?

Archived